Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW-TO: backup and restore after update? Multi user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW-TO: backup and restore after update? Multi user?

Hi guys,

I am new user to this TV box things, I have experience only with phones.

I want to find out which is the best way, the tips and tricks for backing up a system, update a rom, and then restore everything in the new ROM so you do not have to spend hours re-configuring everything. Since updates are coming more often than in phones, I wish to have a tool/script to do it automatically.

I want to share my box with family, so multi user backup and restore would be better, but if single user method exists I would take that too!

Could you tell me how do you do it please? Every suggestion is welcomed!

THANKS!!

PS: I posted this here because I have a Beelink R89, I am not sure if it is okay to post to main channel.
    Beelink R89 PCB V3.0
    Running on Finless V1.2 at the moment

Main sub-forum is ok because it doesn't depend on a HW...
    I don't know if it will, and if yes how, handles the multi-user aspect, but 'Titanium Backup' is what you are looking for:
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate your suggestion! I have been using Titanium Pro for my phone, and in theory it handles multi-user, but you have to set up multi-user profile for backup and restore one by one (as far as i know, have not tried, so correct me if I am wrong!)

My main issue with Titanium is that sometimes it carries bug over from previous backup somehow... I experienced it with my old HTC Desire phone, lots of custom ROMs and customization. So I am looking for alternative options! Maybe there is a faster way?

PS:
      please move this thread to the correct channel for me, thank you admin.
      Beelink R89 PCB V3.0
      Running on Finless V1.2 at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Hui91 View Post
        My main issue with Titanium is that sometimes it carries bug over from previous backup somehow...
        I never would backup system-related parts... only apps (and so also the settings of/from the app)...
        But of cause, if it's a bug at an app, you will also carries this to the new system...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Working...
        X