RK3288 Devices - Video quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a possibility of being flamed on the forum I would like to get your initial thoughts on the video quality on RK3288 devices, I have known only AML devices and a 3188 device.

If I say quality I mean are there any micro stutters or frame drops experienced?
    Also I see there is a lot of following on the forum for RK3288 and I would like to buy and experience for myself provided that the video issues are resolvable.

What are your thoughts and is it worth buying into as I see many benefits on the RK3288 SOC devices.

If you read through some threads here at this sub-forum you would find the answer by your self
    Anyway... I don't know any perfect Chinese device, BUT the rk3288 play nearly everything fine I threw at it...
    You should use SPMC...
    I prefer MX because of the little bit better picture quality...
    (but you should also know that there exists some path-through problems at HDMI with some avr at the moment)
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I Have Tronsmart R28 / Beelink R89 and Ugoos UT3 . I tried MX Player, XBMC, SPMC even current beta versions.

I have also Intel NUC i5 and Sigma powered WD Live. I can clearly say that Intel NUC and WD Live devices are playing videos very smooth and video quality is muc much better than RK3288 devices. I can see lots of micro stutters with rk3288 devices. I check CPU is around %15-20 percent but still not smooth.

I think RK3288 devices need improved software layer. I dont know what is the reason of this micro stutters. Under the current conditions RK3288 is not an option for the home entertainment IMO.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed feedback, it's good to know the current strengths and improvement areas on these devices. Why only use the XBMC fork SPMC? Is it to do with the hardware acceleration portion that's not working as it should on RK3288? Sigma devices have always have good video support as did Realtek with the Mede8er and Xtreamer Prodigy.

Comment

Working...
        X