X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gffmac View Post
    Nice answer, not hard to tell that I only dabble in linux

Basically graphics acceleration for Unity and video playback. Thanks for your hard work.
    Unfortunately hardware graphics acceleration isn't available anywhere so the last Ubuntu with Unity is stuck at version 12.04.

3D graphics (using Mali drivers) aren't included and I'm not aware of anyone who has included them in a RK3288 build.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
      Unfortunately hardware graphics acceleration isn't available anywhere so the last Ubuntu with Unity is stuck at version 12.04.

3D graphics (using Mali drivers) aren't included and I'm not aware of anyone who has included them in a RK3288 build.
      Any insights as to why? Patent issues? Optimization secrets? Don't want the open source nightmare of having to share too much?

Comment

Originally posted by dancar View Post
        Any insights as to why? Patent issues? Optimization secrets? Don't want the open source nightmare of having to share too much?
        The architecture of the RK3288 SOC separates the VPU (hardware graphics encoding/decoding) from the GPU (3D and 2D graphics). The VPU is Rockchip proprietary where as the GPU (Mali) is ARM proprietary.

AFAIK ARM haven't yet released the Mali-T764 drivers publicly whereas Rockchip only issue the drivers as binary blobs for Android.

Comment

Can I have the root file system on an external USB Drive?

I'd prefer to have everything on the external drive. I used one of your other boot loaders on my rk3188 devices and was hoping that there was similar support for the UT3 rk3288 device.

Thanks much,

Kirby

Comment

Hi linuxium

Just a quick question you may be able to shed light on, I tried your windows method of running linux and have since reformatted my sdcard (fat32) and put my backed up data back on bu the thing is I am using Wasser-Firmware-V2-0-3 and my device wont boot with the SD card plugged in like its trying to boot from it, once ejected I am able to boot fine??

Comment

Originally posted by gffmac View Post
              Hi linuxium

Just a quick question you may be able to shed light on, I tried your windows method of running linux and have since reformatted my sdcard (fat32) and put my backed up data back on bu the thing is I am using Wasser-Firmware-V2-0-3 and my device wont boot with the SD card plugged in like its trying to boot from it, once ejected I am able to boot fine??

I'm not sure if wasser's 2.0.3 img also flashes the RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02 off wasser's img, so I made an package to only flash the bootloader... I hope this will work and help...
              (you will also find a RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.15.02_110k4.bin at it)
              Attached Files
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                I'm not sure if wasser's 2.0.3 img also flashes the RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02 off wasser's img, so I made an package to only flash the bootloader... I hope this will work and help...
                (you will also find a RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.15.02_110k4.bin at it)
                Thanks no_spam_for_me both RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02.bin &
                RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02_wasser.bin give me the same issue 'RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.15.02_110k4.bin' allows me to boot with sdcard inserted.

Is my sdcard retaining some boot sector information maybe?

Comment

I have sorted it, repartitioned under macos as one partition mbr, reflashed RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02_wasser and it booted fine

Comment

14.10 at R89

14.10 (ubuntu1410-linux-rk3288-sdcard.img) at R89 (netxeon v2: 2/16GB AP6210 111k4)

- [Restart...] doesn't work: black screen -> lose HDMI-signal -> LED blue...
                    => after power off (hard) the system starts at your logo (longer shown as normal) and after a while I see action at HDMI (TV off / on / change resolution) but only get a black screen...

- [Shut Down...] => the same...

=> Hard power off / on (un/plug PSU) => everything is nearly fine, because I can lose data this way

BTW: I got panic at the first moment I saw your screensaver

- [System Settings...] doesn't start...

Because I got the massage that network is disabled:
                    sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
                    Code:
                    auto eth0
                      iface eth0 inet static
                        address 192.168.2.223
                        netmask 255.255.255.0
                        gateway 192.168.2.100
                        dns-nameservers 192.168.2.100
                      pre-up ifconfig eth0 hw ether e2:38:61:79:76:74

Why do I see /dev/mmcblk0 and 1?
                    Is 0 the internal eMMC/NAND?
                    At 1 I only see one partition (mmcblk1p1):
                    - Start: 139265
                    => Is this the rootFS?
                    If yes, is it able to use one of (your) other rootFS by dd to /dev/mmcblk?p1 or /dev/sd?1?
                    E.g.:

http://download.opensuse.org/ports/a...urrent/images/ (armv7hl)
                    => e.g. http://download.opensuse.org/ports/a...-Build49.2.tbz

For those who want to use it headless, you should have a look at
                    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post151965 3.) ...
                    (I use a text-file at a USB pen drive, because I'm a friend of copy&paste )
                    I got the VNC running and I got a connection, but I got a lot of messages I can't remember at 12.0x and I only get a grey screen at the PC... BUT it's enough for today...
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

BTW:
                      I see your test NAND vs. SD vs. USB

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Which RK3288 BOX?
                      Code:
                      1.  First I set the governor to 'performance'
                      (echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor)
                      2.  For the write test I use the command
                      'dd if=/dev/zero of=speedtest bs=1M count=1000 oflag=direct conv=fdatasync'
                      3.  For the read test I use
                      'dd of=/dev/null if=speedtest bs=1M count=1000 iflag=direct'
                      So you tested the NAND(eMMC) because of governor at Android (or does it also exist at Linux... OK meanwhile I found https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/MicuuyJdbak for Linux and you are also working with governor at speedtest.sh)?

How do you realise to get the rootFS strating/running from USB (I think you bootup kernel and initramfs from SD)?
                      (I actually ordered a '32GB Samsung EVO Class 10 UHS-I Micro SD' which seems to be a beast http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...054#post391054)
                      OK also meanwhile I found this https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/R5jbR3aZbZm

(BTW: I hate this G+ ... I can't handle it... it drives me creasy... )
                      Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 05-10-2015, 09:31.
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I'm not sure I've followed everything you've posted so I'll embed my comments below in RED ...

14.10 (ubuntu1410-linux-rk3288-sdcard.img) at R89 (netxeon v2: 2/16GB AP6210 111k4)

- [Restart...] doesn't work: black screen -> lose HDMI-signal -> LED blue...
                        => after power off (hard) the system starts at your logo (longer shown as normal) and after a while I see action at HDMI (TV off / on / change resolution) but only get a black screen...

So it has booted (as you've seen my logo) but seems that it cannot find the RFS

- [Shut Down...] => the same...

=> Hard power off / on (un/plug PSU) => everything is nearly fine, because I can lose data this way

So now it works?

BTW: I got panic at the first moment I saw your screensaver

Do you mean logo as the screensaver should be standard Ubuntu offerings?

- [System Settings...] doesn't start...

So Ubuntu is running and when you select 'System Settings' nothing happens?

Because I got the massage that network is disabled:
                        sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
                        Code:
                        auto eth0
                          iface eth0 inet static
                            address 192.168.2.223
                            netmask 255.255.255.0
                            gateway 192.168.2.100
                            dns-nameservers 192.168.2.100
                          pre-up ifconfig eth0 hw ether e2:38:61:79:76:74

Why do I see /dev/mmcblk0 and 1?

That doesn't sound right as from memory you should only see the SD card (/dev/mmcblk1) ...

Is 0 the internal eMMC/NAND?
                        At 1 I only see one partition (mmcblk1p1):
                        - Start: 139265
                        => Is this the rootFS?

Yes

If yes, is it able to use one of (your) other rootFS by dd to /dev/mmcblk?p1 or /dev/sd?1?
                        E.g.:

http://download.opensuse.org/ports/a...urrent/images/ (armv7hl)
                        => e.g. http://download.opensuse.org/ports/a...-Build49.2.tbz

It is easiest to create the SD card using the script and a different RFS rather than modifying a loaded RFS.

For those who want to use it headless, you should have a look at
                        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post151965 3.) ...
                        (I use a text-file at a USB pen drive, because I'm a friend of copy&paste )
                        I got the VNC running and I got a connection, but I got a lot of messages I can't remember at 12.0x and I only get a grey screen at the PC... BUT it's enough for today...

Grey screen/black screen/missing Unity etc with VNC are all common problems. Easiest way is to install LXDE then edit your .vnc/xstartup file and replace the last line with 'startlxde' and then restart VNC.

Comment

Again I'll embed my comments below in RED ...

BTW:
                          I see your test NAND vs. SD vs. USB

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Which RK3288 BOX?
                          Orion Meta R28
                          Code:
                          1.  First I set the governor to 'performance' 
                          (echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor)
                          2.  For the write test I use the command 
                          'dd if=/dev/zero of=speedtest bs=1M count=1000 oflag=direct conv=fdatasync'
                          3.  For the read test I use 
                          'dd of=/dev/null if=speedtest bs=1M count=1000 iflag=direct'
                          So you tested the NAND(eMMC) because of governor at Android (or does it also exist at Linux... OK meanwhile I found https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/MicuuyJdbak for Linux and you are also working with governor at speedtest.sh)?
                          Yes, the CPU frequency governor functionality is the same in both Android and Ubuntu - I set it to 'performance' which sets the CPU to the highest frequency allowed.

How do you realise to get the rootFS strating/running from USB (I think you bootup kernel and initramfs from SD)?
                          (I actually ordered a '32GB Samsung EVO Class 10 UHS-I Micro SD' which seems to be a beast http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post269873)
                          OK also meanwhile I found this https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/R5jbR3aZbZm

I think you answered your own question?

(BTW: I hate this G+ ... I can't handle it... it drives me creasy... )
                          If you click on my name in G+, you get to see all my posts on a single page, which makes reading them a bit easier.

Comment

So now it works?
                            not really, because I don't like hard power off/on by PSU...

Do you mean logo as the screensaver should be standard Ubuntu offerings?
                            I only saw the test-screen and a flame-symbol in the middle of the screen and at the first moment I thought the system crashes

So Ubuntu is running and when you select 'System Settings' nothing happens?
                            yes...

That doesn't sound right as from memory you should only see the SD card (/dev/mmcblk1) ...
                            But I see it, whatever the reason...

It is easiest to create the SD card using the script and a different RFS rather than modifying a loaded RFS.
                            Of cause I want to modify it at another system (not booted this system e.g. place the SD at a USB reader)...

Grey screen/black screen/missing Unity etc with VNC are all common problems. Easiest way is to install LXDE then edit your .vnc/xstartup file and replace the last line with 'startlxde' and then restart VNC.
                            Which means only at VNC the LXDE is running? Or do I replace the Unity? btw: is it unity at 14.10? If I remember correctly at the rk3188 running your 12.04 I hadn't any problem (but I don't like the GUI at 12.04 )....

Yes, the CPU frequency governor functionality is the same in both Android and Ubuntu - I set it to 'performance' which sets the CPU to the highest frequency allowed.
                            That's nice! And noop?

I think you answered your own question?
                            Right but hadn't any deeper look at it at the moment (RFS at USB)....
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

No net

Everything works perfectly , thanks for the great contribution , well explained . The problem is that the wifi does not work, and neither have achieved that with the image of ubuntu 12.04 I run the network connection , so I do not have internet . I 'm tinkering on a rikomagic 902II , and no way to access the Internet by connecting eth0 ... A Somebody else 's happening?

Comment

I didn't test the WiFi, and I don't know which WiFi chips will be supported by linuxiums kernel... I know the different netxeon PCB's use the AP6210 or AP6335 chip (one of them has linuxium), but, if I'm not wrong, your device with the htc pcb use the AP6330 chip...

Also I don't know, if your pcb use another "address" to connect to the LAN chip (I have no idea, because if people port an android-rom from another device to there device they normally use the kernel.img (wifi-driver) and the recources.img (I think contains e.g. this LAN chip "address") of there device)....
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                                X