5.1 surround sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.1 surround sound

Is the only way to get true reliable 5.1 surround sound from a RK3288 to use the SPIDF connection or has anyone gotten 5.1 output to work over HDMI? I can get Kodi to output 5.1 over HDMI but only using passthough but the video becomes jerky in Kodi in this mode. I guess I can try the SPIDF connection tomorrow and other video players. Has anyone else had success with 5.1 over HDMI?

Thanks!
    -Aaron
    Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
    Is the only way to get true reliable 5.1 surround sound from a RK3288 to use the SPIDF connection or has anyone gotten 5.1 output to work over HDMI? I can get Kodi to output 5.1 over HDMI but only using passthough but the video becomes jerky in Kodi in this mode. I guess I can try the SPIDF connection tomorrow and other video players. Has anyone else had success with 5.1 over HDMI?

Thanks!
    -Aaron
    You should be using SPMC if you want passthrough support on Rockchip devices.

Also have to use firmware after 24/12/14 to have SPDIF passthrough.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      You should be using SPMC if you want passthrough support on Rockchip devices.

Also have to use firmware after 24/12/14 to have SPDIF passthrough.
      Thank you but all I get is static (white noise) over HDMI when I enable passthrough on the SPMC build from above. I tried it on two different RK3288 boxes and 3 different AV receivers. Any suggestions? Should I be using the SPIDF or does the APK above enable passthrough over HDMI?

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
        Thank you but all I get is static (white noise) over HDMI when I enable passthrough on the SPMC build from above. I tried it on two different RK3288 boxes and 3 different AV receivers. Any suggestions? Should I be using the SPIDF or does the APK above enable passthrough over HDMI?
        Set HDMI Bitstream in Android Settings.
        You are probably using old firmware that don't have the passthrough patches applied.
        What device do you have?
        Then you can use a newer ROM.

Comment

You are probably using old firmware that don't have the passthrough patches applied.
          What device do you have?
          thank you! I tried this firmware and I get 5.1 passthrough sound now but the sound is now choppy. I have 2 Tronsmart R28's.
          Last edited by amclean123; 12-30-2014, 19:23.

Comment

What device do you have?
            I accidently downloaded Wasser 2.0 instead of 2.0.3

Thanks for your help! FYI your dual boot firmware still had skipping audio for me for this issue
            Last edited by amclean123; 12-30-2014, 22:29.

Comment

Working...
            X