Lollipop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockchip an ounce it was coming in October 2014 😆
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

That deal which Rockchip made with Intel should give them enough money to hire more software developers, but I'd be willing to bet a lot of USD that they will use it to expand production instead.

Why hire developers when all you have to do is release a partial SDK and the community will step up and do most of the work for free, right?

I wonder exactly how many software devs the company employs directly (not counting device manufacturers and members of this forum). It's not enough, because if it was, then kitkat would have been long fixed and L would be out.

Could be that there are too many devs (the mythical man hour - adding more devs to the team doesn't necessarily increase software production time), but I doubt it.

Cheers!
      -SB
      ---------------------------------------
      Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
      Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
      RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Wait Win10...

Comment

Release June, then July, now august and still no release from manufactures I think lollipop not stable for ant 3288 devices that's why they not releasing from manufactures.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

My own humble opinion is that the new MALI t7xx series drivers do not support a kernel this old and ARM told Rockchip "tough titties, you're going to have to fix your own drivers if you want to continue with such an old kernel."

There are other known issues.

Oma on crewrktab has said that currently the problem with tablets is lack of support for the pmu chip.

I'm sure each box presents it's own set of issues...
            Cheers
            -SB
            ---------------------------------------
            Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
            Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
            Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
            RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
            ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Im waiting now 10 Months to become DTSHD and TRUEHD Support on my Orbsmat S92 as had been promised....

and after the twentieth Android Rom that i flashed no improvement in Passtrough functionality...

The Support from Rockchip and Orbsmart is a Joke...

:-/

sorry for the Bad English

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Rockchip will release Lollipop 5.1.1(2nd release) SDK for TV Boxes on 20 July to Nagrace.
                Then I will release custom Lollipop firmware soon after with full support for TV Boxes.
                Also RK3288 samples with real HDMI-IN, HDMI recording, by-pass & PIP will be released mid July by Nagrace

Wait Win10...

Comment

Originally posted by nfotester View Post
                  Im waiting now 10 Months to become DTSHD and TRUEHD Support on my Orbsmat S92 as had been promised....

and after the twentieth Android Rom that i flashed no improvement in Passtrough functionality...

The Support from Rockchip and Orbsmart is a Joke...

:-/

sorry for the Bad English
                  Never a good idea to buy an unknown brand box.
                  Firmware is always going to be a problem.
                  It's a German company, so strange that they don't fix the firmware problems.

I'm working on a new passthrough enabled ROM but for HPH RK3288.
                  It should hopefully fix all the passthrough issues other boxes are experiencing.

Rockchip already fixed the passthrough issues long ago.
                  It's the manufacturers and resellers that don't update their firmware, that is the biggest problem.

Comment

Originally posted by endera View Post

Wait Win10...
                    It will be Windows 10 Mobile, not full Windows 10 PC Edition.
                    Rockchip said they will release it shortly after official Win 10.
                    Will find out if someone knows if there are news.

Comment

Working...
                    X