X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install CWM or TWRP on (Beelink R89 Rk3288) without computer

Beelink R89 Rk3288 Rooted Kitkat 4.4 TV Box

Dear Sir can any out there please help me Thank you very much will deeply appreciate Love you

Please show me step by step (using other apps or ROM ToolBox Lite ) to install CWM or TWRP on (Beelink R89 Rk3288) without computer something like just download apk to R89 TV box and then install directly to the Beelink R89 Rk3288 Devices

Because my computer win xp is very old about 14 year old only have 480MB Ram and unable to recognized the R89 tv box.

Because this is my first time using android devices.If you got the YouTube Tutorial link please give the link to me, Thank you very much.

Here is some question hope to get some answer

During update for 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 should i delete
    (1)(wipe data/factory reset)
    (2)(wipe cache partition)
    (3)(wipe Dalvik cache)
    Last edited by Gayble; 03-01-2015, 10:17.
    Compassion Humble
    请培养慈悲心和谦逊
    Best regards : Gayble

If you have root access then write TWRP/CWM image from Terminal Emulator.
    To obtain root access find EZ-root for RK3288 by Finless Bob.

Flash recovery partition with dd command.
    Example:
    dd if=name_of_TWRP_1920x1080.img of=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/recovery bs=1024
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
      If you have root access then write TWRP/CWM image from Terminal Emulator.
      To obtain root access find EZ-root for RK3288 by Finless Bob.

Flash recovery partition with dd command.
      Example:
      dd if=name_of_TWRP_1920x1080.img of=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/recovery bs=1024
      Dear Gormar sorry to say that can you please explain in more detail because i do really understand what you try to say please give step by step instruction so that i can follow Thank you.

how to flash recovery partition with dd command.
      The problem is i did not know how to use Terminal emulator and i first time using android device so please teach me thank you.
      this is the image that i have TWRP_1920x1080_CrewRKTablets_v2.2
      should i change the name to TWRP_1920x1080.img
      and where should i put my img file
      or just type the dd command dd if=(name)_of_ the (name)
      what (name)should put for my devices.
      Last edited by Gayble; 02-26-2015, 18:02.
      Compassion Humble
      请培养慈悲心和谦逊

Comment

It's not Android but Linux
        To understand the dd a little bit more you should have a look at
        Linux and UNIX dd command help, information, and examples.

if => input file
        of => output file (which also can be a device)
        bs => block size (not really need)
        but you also should use
        conv=sync,fsync

I don't think your file is called 'TWRP_1920x1080_CrewRKTablets_v2.2' (maybe it's the directory after you extracted the archiv)...

You have to place the file (xyz.img) at e.g. a USB pen and so you have to use at if also the path to the file at the plugged USB pen, so like (use e.g. ES Explorer at the box to find out the path (I think you will find it at /mnt/...))
        Code:
        dd if=[I]/the/path/to/the/file/file_name.img [/I]of=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/recovery conv=sync,fsync
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
          It's not Android but Linux
          To understand the dd a little bit more you should have a look at
          Linux and UNIX dd command help, information, and examples.

if => input file
          of => output file (which also can be a device)
          bs => block size (not really need)
          but you also should use
          conv=sync,fsync

I don't think your file is called 'TWRP_1920x1080_CrewRKTablets_v2.2' (maybe it's the directory after you extracted the archiv)...

You have to place the file (xyz.img) at e.g. a USB pen and so you have to use at if also the path to the file at the plugged USB pen, so like (use e.g. ES Explorer at the box to find out the path (I think you will find it at /mnt/...))
          Code:
          dd if=[I]/the/path/to/the/file/file_name.img [/I]of=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/recovery conv=sync,fsync
          Dear sir you are right the file i extracted from one of the img directory can i just rename the file to xyz.img please give me some advice Thank you .
          Compassion Humble
          请培养慈悲心和谦逊

Comment

Lets straight things up.
            Answer to your question is: You can always rename file and it will not change it content. But remeber that if you change its extension (last part after ".") you can forget what that file realy contain.

My question: Where did you put image file (img extension) with TWRP? Can you find path to that file (directory traversal from the beggining of file system tree "/" to the file location)?
            RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
            Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
            bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gayble View Post
              Dear sir you are right the file i extracted from one of the img directory can i just rename the file to xyz.img please give me some advice Thank you .
              xyz only means an example (like a free variable parameter)... you can use every name you like to use BUT please don't use blanks at it...
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Maybe it is easier if you use

and flash the file to recovery...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                X