Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked X1 RK3288, need stock rom

Hello chaps

Decided to pick up a rk3288 (mistake) and noticed that the stock rom was awful, really awful... like the most awful thing you've ever seen awful.

Anyway, decided to try and flash some other roms without backing it up due to it being awful, every single rom I tried will not allow me to boot.

The device has the ap6210 chipset.

My mini review so far this device is do not touch this, I have never seen such an inconstant piece of hardware - going from 60fps to 3fps and restarting constantly which is not due to the PSU, I don't even think it was overheating either so may have some thermal throttling?.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Currently Using:
    2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
    Retired Devices:
    MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Ok it's back working, thanks to the guys over at http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....at-442_65.html for hosting the mk809 4k rom, as this is the only one that is working.

It's now not rebooting every second, but wow, that thermal throttling, will update more (probably in a seperate thread) with more details/pics/thoughts.
    Currently Using:
    2 x Nvidia Shield TV | MiniMX III
    Retired Devices:
    MiniMX III-II | Mk808b Pro | Mk808b Plus | Raspberry Pi 1 + 2 | UBOX R89 | MK808 | MK808b | CS008 | X1 4K (rk3288_809) | CYX_809III | Ouya | CX-919 | S82 Plus | Tronstmart R68

Comment

Working...
    X