No announcement yet.

accelerated video / video processor (VPU) running on linux on RK3288 / firefly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya still waiting rock chip not very fast at any releases. Lollipop will never come to 3288 because even rockchip having issues getting it to run right as different suppliers all have different hardware
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

nice information thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
        Any updates?
        I would really like to test this when it's more user-friendly to set up.
        Thanks
        Update: i am now working on xbmc/kodi. Thanks to memeka I got his xbmc working based on hybris, android EGL/GLES and mediaplayer (not using the low-level libvpu i demo-ed), really thanks memeka! Runs both on rk3288 and rk3188. However sound is crap ,video not yet smooth (probably slow yuv2rgb shader and syncing issues) and some crashes. Now migrating to spmc of Koying as he has lots of rockchip support in his repos and keeps his stuff uptodate, maybe I can push to his repo later.

So still have to wait a bit, maybe a month or so. First a decent kodi version working and then a decent release (still looking for a decent way to package hybris).
        Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
        And Donate...

Comment

Originally posted by memeka View Post
          btw, i would like to try a similar approach for odroid-xu3, with mali-t628.
          so before making an image for rk or publishing, can you explain how you got things working?
          what parts of android did you use? any patches to android? did you use bsp or cm?
          i can deal with the linux/hybris stuff, but the android bits were the ones misterious to me
          I shortly checked the odroid android sources, and it seems to me you could use the same procedure as you used to do with odroid-XU.
          So make libhybris work first: 1) rebuild android 4.4.2 with some patches on bionic, also with ubuntu libhybris included as external lib (needed some patching for rockchip android source). Make android-headers. Build libhybris on linux, actually had to mix ubuntu's for media and mainstream for egl/gles. Then linking /system and /vendor and stuff. Basically the same as you did for odroid-xu. Then you should have similar access to android EGL/GLES and android media compat layer. Thanks to your hwcomposer hint I actually needed to bugfix hwcomposer in mainstream libhybris, maybe that is also needed. And then of course: the swirl ;-)
          Then in libhybris I made a linux proxy to rockchips specific low-level android vpu libraries (libvpu and librkon2) that are rockchip proprietary binary blobs (no source code). Basically like egl and gles2 dirs in libhybris/hybris I added vpu for this, realizing a vpu proxy. I guess xu3 also needs dedicated libraries for vpu. So if you want to unleash these on linux, look for the header files under android source tree directory /hardware/... that match the dedicated vpu library that is actually used under android. And code a dedicated proxy on the hybris linux side like egl/ gles2.
          Dont know if you want access to xu3s dedicated vpu lib or just like you did for xu to media compat layer (-lmedia). I guess media is more general, not dedicated to a specific device, but then also the android services need to run (service manager and media server).
          I used firefly's android source (rk3288) and radxa's android source (rk3188) that are close to aosp. But for libhybris you could best be as close as possbible to cm. I needed to patch a bit manually, I can share you my patches.
          Just let me know if you want some more info. I will publish full recipe later as I have some decent, stable image.

Anyways, got your xbmc gotham xu and xbmc odroid working on rk3188 and rk3288 (with hybris egl and hybris decoder - and a bit of patching). So really tnx for your links!
          And Donate...

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I knew it should work.
            For odroid, I can get vpu working in Linux so it's really just egl I need.
            I can make hybris work, but I never worked with Android - the one i was using is an older build from somebody else, and it's not full android just the stripped down necessary files.
            Can you please detail what patches for Android and why was libhybris build necessary in Android?

Comment

Also do you think I can use cyanogen mod instead of aosp? Currently the lollipop cm is working on XU3 so I was thinking of using that.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC_L1 View Post
                :
                So still have to wait a bit, maybe a month or so. First a decent kodi version working and then a decent release (still looking for a decent way to package hybris).
                THX for your work and engagement, AND I think if it will need 1-2 month to get a working solution you will be faster than ARM and RockChip...
                So again

RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I knew it should work.
                  For odroid, I can get vpu working in Linux so it's really just egl I need.
                  I can make hybris work, but I never worked with Android - the one i was using is an older build from somebody else, and it's not full android just the stripped down necessary files.
                  Can you please detail what patches for Android and why was libhybris build necessary in Android?
                  If only EGL/GLES is needed then use github.com/libhybris, not ubuntu's libhybris. I would also use android 4.4.2 or cm11 because the patches and current libhybris hwcomposer part are based on that version (I had to do different patches for 4.2.2 long time ago), and i dont know the patches for lollipop

The recipe has three steps:
                  Part A - Android: to get a modified system.img
                  Part B - android-headers: headers to be included in linux binaries
                  Part C - libhybris/hybris: as linux proxy to android libraries
                  I detailed these parts in attached files

Hope this helps you!

Cheers -- Mac
                  Attached Files
                  And Donate...

Comment

That sounds really good
                    I look forward to testing this on my Open Hour

Comment

MAC_L1 i see you are starting to release images with kodi
                      good job

i have some code for adding hwcomposer as a backend for SDL2 and also backend for retroarch. I got ppsspp emulator and all retroarch working well, let me know if you want to add game emulators too

Comment

MAC_L1 i see you are starting to release images with kodi
                        good job

i have some code for adding hwcomposer as a backend for SDL2 and also backend for retroarch. I got ppsspp emulator and all retroarch working well, let me know if you want to add game emulators too
                        Just released kodi indeed... Also tnx to you!

I am very interested in your SDL2 hwcomposer! Hope it would give me a simple alternative to X11 for rendering in mplayer or ffplay... And of course some other apps...
                        So if you share that with me, would help me a lot!
                        And Donate...

Comment

Originally posted by MAC_L1 View Post

Just released kodi indeed... Also tnx to you!

I am very interested in your SDL2 hwcomposer! Hope it would give me a simple alternative to X11 for rendering in mplayer or ffplay... And of course some other apps...
                          So if you share that with me, would help me a lot!

MPlayer and a browser(Chrome or Firefox with hardware accelerated flash playback) would be great.

Comment

I will be away for a week or so, but I plan to release SDL2 in a git repo when I come back.
                            Promised the retroarch devs I will submit a patch upstream for libhybris as well, so much to do

Comment

Hi guys,

Any update?
                              Thanks!

Comment

MAC_L1,For you mentioned"Therefore I now added a libvpu compat part to libhybris that is basically a proxy direct to the androids libvpu/librkon2 from rockchip so giving me direct access to low-level decoding and encoding api. Advantage is that no android services need to be started in linux."
                                I want to know where can I download and how to use it?Can you give me a demo it?

Comment

Working...
                                X