Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBMC / Kodi on Linux on RK3288 / Firefly - with hw video acceleration

Hi guys,

Just to show you I've made some progresss: got Kodi working on my firefly!
    See: https://youtu.be/1FxhsElJGbk

Cheers!
    -- Mac
    Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
    And Donate...

Well done mate!!

Comment

Fantastic job!

Comment

Originally posted by MAC_L1 View Post
        Hi guys,

Just to show you I've made some progresss: got Kodi working on my firefly!
        See: https://youtu.be/1FxhsElJGbk

Cheers!
        -- Mac
        That is awesome. I am running Lubuntu on my Beelink R89, can you give us some instructions on how to get Kodi installed on our RK3288 devices.
        Thanks
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Now that is exciting and promising news hopefully can be ported to work on other 3288 devices
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Well done MAC_L1, just wondering if you have any more progress to show ?

Comment

hopefully this will lead to OpenElec (fully functional) on RK3288 as well

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Cool
                  Team UX
                  http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

This is now July 1, roughly 2 months since this first 'breakthrough'. For many of us linux folks with rk3288 devices, the inability to run Kodi/xbmc is a real show-stopper. Any news out there?

Comment

Sad to see that this project has not materialized.
                      Hopefully Imagination Technologies will release an open source GPU driver for Linux to work on the new RK3368 devices, since ARM provides no Linux support for their Mali GPU's.
                      When I write about a new processor with a PowerVR GPU, I can be sure there will be one or two comments saying something like "It has a PowerVR GPU, it's a

Comment

Don't despair! I'm almost there, making release images for final testing...

Just a lot of work. And progress is slow and cumbersome because two out of three of my rk3288 devices are broken. Making my work quite inefficient, just hope the third one holds on till final release...

Actually you all can help me out here by donating a small amount so that I can buy some new devices to work in parallel for different releases... Would be really appreciated!

Anyways, I expect to publish the first release coming week.
                        So, stay tuned!

-- Mac

Tnx for your Donation!
                        Last edited by MAC_L1; 07-17-2015, 21:09.
                        Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
                        And Donate...

Comment

progress is slow and cumbersome because two out of three of my rk3288 devices are broken. Making my work quite inefficient, just hope the third one holds on till final release...
                          Which devices broke? Most vendors are saying they are not having any hardware issues so this would be really interesting to know!

o that I can buy some new devices to work in parallel for different releases... Would be really appreciated!
                          What kind of devices do you need? I have a few extra RK3188 and RK3288 devices I could send you. Send me a PM!

Anyways, I expect to publish the first release coming week.
                          So, stay tuned!

-- Mac
                          You're a legend!

Comment

Hi my friend I hope it's going well, You are mine last chance before I give up my rk3288 box, and never ever rockship again

Comment

Outstanding Mac, a definite innovation. Looking forward to your work.
                              Thank you for your efforts.When funds loosen up here, I'll try to turn my appreciation in to something more tangable.

Comment

Working...
                              X