Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly kernel for Tronsmart R28 Android TV box

Hi,

I was trying to update the kernel on my Tronsmart R28 TV box with a kernel built using Firefly kernel sources.
    The good news is that I was able to boot the box with the newly built kernel. However there was couple of issues:
    1. Power off doesn't work. It always reboots the box.
    2.RK1000 chips is not initialize and there is no Audio.
    3.Wifi works but I have not tested Ethernet yet.

Any suggestions. I have not tried the Radxa RK3288 kernel yet.

Vasant

Originally posted by VolksPC View Post
    Hi,

I was trying to update the kernel on my Tronsmart R28 TV box with a kernel built using Firefly kernel sources.
    The good news is that I was able to boot the box with the newly built kernel. However there was couple of issues:
    1. Power off doesn't work. It always reboots the box.
    2.RK1000 chips is not initialize and there is no Audio.
    3.Wifi works but I have not tested Ethernet yet.

Any suggestions. I have not tried the Radxa RK3288 kernel yet.

Vasant
    You have to build the kernel using your box's dts file from the resource.img and not Firefly default dts file.
    If your firmware is too old, it won't work.

Comment

Because of you nic-name are you related to http://www.volkspc.org/unified-distribution/ ?
      (but because of the problems you talk about I don't think so...)
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Nice idea switching to a live linux distro, not sure what performance hit you would get. Wonder how well or if it would run kodi for example under linux.

Comment

That is right. We already have our VolksPC distribution running on Tronsmart R28 box using their released kernel. We would like to move to a newer kernel and also support other RK3288 box. Looks like this is not easy.

Android version of Kodi runs well since all the accelerators are available.

Vasant

Comment

Ok, nice to hear that you are related to VolksPC (project)

But I'm surprised that you were able to realise this project without compiling your own kernel...

Yes, that's the problem with the missing GPU/VPU support at Linux (thanks to rockchip and arm ), but I think you already saw this

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...o-acceleration

RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Dts file wont work on firefly you just need to customise the kernel a bit (make menuconfig) and remote control codes need fixing if you get a beelink remote youll be fine as is

Comment

Working...
              X