Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light BIz OS ?

Hi Guys,

Just browsing Twitter and noticed Rockchip's Light biz references and images https://twitter.com/IloveRockchip anyone know anything more? videos etc?

Cheers

Almost two months ago there were some talks about "Light Work OS" from RockChip. First tablet to use it should be PIPO P9.
    I don't know any one who saw this live. If Android Lollipop which was anounced at March is any indication then this modification we might see next year. Problem will be to get it on older products.

For me if they manage to support mouse well (pressing scroll emulate pinch to zoom and right key long touch) then It would be almost dream come true.
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
      Almost two months ago there were some talks about "Light Work OS" from RockChip. First tablet to use it should be PIPO P9.
      I don't know any one who saw this live. If Android Lollipop which was anounced at March is any indication then this modification we might see next year. Problem will be to get it on older products.

For me if they manage to support mouse well (pressing scroll emulate pinch to zoom and right key long touch) then It would be almost dream come true.
      I have it running on my RK3288 HPH NT-V6 TV Box.
      It is more usable with a keyboard/mouse to make it more PC OS like.
      It is still very new and bugs are sorted out, stable version should be around the corner maybe end October.

Screenshot_2015-10-13.png

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        I have it running on my RK3288 HPH NT-V6 TV Box.
        Thanks for info and your hard work. It looks encouraging.
        Could you share how it work? Maybe some video? I'm especially interested if there is mouse support improvement (right click, wheel zoom, etc).
        RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
        Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
          Thanks for info and your hard work. It looks encouraging.
          Could you share how it work? Maybe some video? I'm especially interested if there is mouse support improvement (right click, wheel zoom, etc).
          Long press left click brings up menus for items.
          Eg. long press on icon shortcuts at the bottom, brings up 'close app'.
          You have 3 window sizes.eg. pressing the middle top right 3 icons do fullsreen, smaller window and then another little smaller window.
          I haven't found a way to resize the windows width, that would be nice.
          The start menu is also basic, would be nice for some extra tabs so you can arrange your own apps.
          When I get time, I will see if there are other new things also.
          It is Lollipop firmware, so nice to have that now.

Comment

Long press left click brings up menus for items.
            Eg. long press on icon shortcuts at the bottom, brings up 'close app'.
            It is sad that they couldn't make better use of right mouse key . I know only one firmware on Tegra 2 platform which does that where right mouse key is similar like long press but much faster (instantaneous).

You have 3 window sizes.eg. pressing the middle top right 3 icons do fullsreen, smaller window and then another little smaller window.
            I haven't found a way to resize the windows width, that would be nice.
            That was predictable. It would be hard and would break many apps when window size could be fully changeable. That way it correspond to small screen size, medium and big with probably similar DPI.

Comment

Have you seen Remix OS 2.0 as well? Android for the desktop, seemingly done in an extremely nice way by some ex googlers:

Jide Technology, creators of Remix OS, seeks to build simple and effective tools for the mind so people can leverage them in unimaginable ways. Remix OS exis...

Unfortunately their first box is with an Alwinner device, although rumors are that another box with more mem/storage and another cpu will come as well.

Comment

@mo123
                can you share image so i can try it on MK902II ?

thanx

Comment

Originally posted by lonely2k5 View Post
                  @mo123
                  can you share image so i can try it on MK902II ?

thanx
                  Unfortunately I can't now, since RM first have to get a license from Rockchip and I can't promote their devices before the manufacturer I'm testing it for, release it on their devices first. It is also in testing phase and not final yet.

Comment

oh ok
                    thanx for reply
                    but it's something we can look forward to right?
                    xbmc and all other android apps run on it without problem? gpu also working fine?

Comment

Originally posted by lonely2k5 View Post
                      oh ok
                      thanx for reply
                      but it's something we can look forward to right?
                      xbmc and all other android apps run on it without problem? gpu also working fine?
                      Yes, it's something any Rockchip box manufacturer can get from Rockchip.
                      I did have a problem with Kodi just showing a black screen, don't know why it didn't work.
                      Hope final version will be released soon.
                      Everything else worked fine. It is RK3288 Lollipop firmware with just some extra features and office apps.

Comment

We have Light OS running from last month. Any one of you see this interesting? With RemixOS there...

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic View Post
                          We have Light OS running from last month. Any one of you see this interesting? With RemixOS there...
                          Yes, it is quite interesting.
                          Do your company also make RK3288, RK3368 tv boxes?

Comment

We have RK3368 but it was made for local market (RCA, 1GB RAM...). I have Light OS running on a RK3288 board here anyway.

We are focusing on Amlogic for overseas market.

Comment

Originally posted by Inphic View Post

I think that a lot of people would find it very interesting indeed to have a familiar Windows feel and operation.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
                              X