This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mackodi/macspmc: KODI and SPMC on LINUX for rockchip devices

mackodi/macspmc V0.1.1: KODI Isengard 15.2 and SPMC Isengard 15.0 for LINUX on RK3188, RK3288 and RK312X
    (testrelease: i only tested this on my own devices - mk809iii, firefly, radxa rock2, ugoos ut3s and fireprime (the latter: sound only through audio jack))

Wintertime has just started, evenings getting darker and colder. So what's better than a new and improved kodi release for your rockchip linux device?
    After having spent way too many hours of compilation, building, packing and unpacking images -over-and-over-again- on a terribly slow computer, finally an update!

Now running more smooth (using androids native surfaceflinger as window composer), added better video decoding (zero-copy-ing frames, 60 fps) and better media support (HEVC/H265). And for those having other rockchip devices than RK3288: RK3188 and RK312X are now supported too! (disclaimer: I only tested this on my good old mk809iii RK3188 device and my FirePrime (sponsored by firefly): so would be interested if this runs on other devices too!)

Short release notes:
    - mackodi*0.1.1: kodi isengard 15.2, latest stable release (october) using surfaceflinger, zero-copy-ing decoded video frames and HEVC/H265 support
    - macspmc*0.1.1: spmc isengard 15.0, latest stable release (july) using surface flinger, zero-copy-ing decoded video frames and HEVC/H265 support
    - machybris*0.1.1: support for RK3188, RK3288 and RK312X devices, support for Androids native surfaceflinger as window composer
    - packages for ubuntu trusty (14.04), utopic (14.10), vivid (15.04) and debian jessie (8.x)

Have fun!

And if you like it: please get me a faster computer by giving a small donation; it will benefit my impatience during compilation/building, my nails and future releases; any help is welcome!

Donate..

Cheers -- mac-l1

---

HOW TO INSTALL

1) First try my install_mackodi.sh or install_macspmc.sh script; run this from a terminal/shell started on your rockchip device
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install curl

curl -O http://mac-l1.com/install_mackodi.sh; bash install_mackodi.sh # for kodi
    # ... OR ...
    curl -O http://mac-l1.com/install_macspmc.sh; bash install_macspmc.sh # for spmc

sudo reboot
    2) After reboot kodi/spmc can be started from menu or from terminal/shell, and should run (if not then see below IF NOT)

3) If you experience and sound problems in kodi/spmc then try:
    in kodi go to: system->settings->system->audio output->audio ouput devices and then select the dmixer (last entry i believe) as your audio device. probably best to restart kodi again.

IF NOT) then you probably need to DISABLE FBCON yourself manually. You need to make sure that the framebuffer console (the fbcon kernel module) is not started automatically in kernel. That can be done by:
    a) Either use a kernel that does NOT have the fbcon module builtin, can be done by building kernel with CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=n in kernel configuration file
    b) Or simply put "fbcon=vc:64-63" in the parameter file of your image, just after "CMDLINE:". See the following example:
    "CMDLINE:fbcon=vc:64-63 vmalloc=516M console=ttyFIQ0 console=tty0 init=/sbin/init root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 bla bla"
    This can be done on an already linux-installed device using rkflashtool for linux to read/write parameter file http://radxa.com/Rock/flash_the_imag....28Advanced.29) or AndroidTool for Windows (read: advanced tab->export image,start=0,count=2, change the parameter file, write: flash it again using download image tab); or use a pre-configured image file.
    Last edited by MAC_L1; 11-13-2015, 11:28.
    Support my work to make you a better multimedia experience...
    And Donate...

reserved
    And Donate...

Comment

Hello MAC_L1, The script ran without effort. I tested this on a UT3 2GB/16GB using an 8GB SD card, class 4(I know, not recommended). So it took a little while to finish, but runs great in my limited testing. Your previous bits were already installed on the card. After running your script and rebooting, Kodi 15.2 Isengard was installed and working well, addons were preserved. Audio over SPDIF seems to be working well for me.

Many thanks. You made this foolproof for the UT3, which works out well in my case.
      An outstanding effort.

Comment

I just compiled linux kernel and added (ubuntu core). I tested a 1080 video played perfect until i hit stop. The the box just froze when I pressed stop. I had to unplug the cable will test again when I get in from work. I'm using a tronsmart r28 meta. I must say I'm impressed with what you've done

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a quick update it's not your lib hybris that's the problem. My linux freezes randomly. I think it's something to do with the wireless it's not working at all anymore. What kernel are all you guys using for your linux?

Comment

This i really bothering me. The linux was stable for ages disabled the fb in the cmdline installed mackodi and played a 1080 video. and sure as day is night it froze before that the some scripts hung at updating. Im using wireless btw The tronsmart uses ap 6335 for wireless anyone else had any problems with it ?

Comment

Originally posted by grant2258 View Post
              This i really bothering me. The linux was stable for ages disabled the fb in the cmdline installed mackodi and played a 1080 video. and sure as day is night it froze before that the some scripts hung at updating. Im using wireless btw The tronsmart uses ap 6335 for wireless anyone else had any problems with it ?
              Never experienced this behavior... I use default linux kernels from firefly, radxa rock2 and ugoos (untouched, vendor images)... Strange...
              Wonder if you can catch a syslog, to see what kernel msgs are logged before crash? For instance by using
              sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog in a shell terminal? Maybe gives a hint about the cause.
              And also: if you enable fbcon in cmdline again, problem still exist?
              And Donate...

Comment

any chance of getting this to work on rk3188 android 4.4?

Comment

Originally posted by encode View Post
                  any chance of getting this to work on rk3188 android 4.4?
                  Dont know what you mean: mackodi is meant as linux app/package and is based on machybris that is based on android 4.4.2 - however everything runs on linux.
                  Basically it should work on rk3188 devices; it works at least on my mk809iii/mk802iv and iMito QX1, however on radxa rock pro colors are swapped: i assume on the original radxa rock things work OK.

See on on freaktab for rk3188 devices:
                  http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ckchip-devices
                  Installation procedure is exactly the same; script detects what chipset is used...
                  And Donate...

Comment

Hi am at work at the moment I'll get a ttl USB interface. Because there is no screen to look at the logs. The linux corrupts sometimes and won't reboot. I'll try the default firefly kernel with a 6335 compiled and see how I go. It does this with fb on and off

Comment

happy new year all when it comes. Need some advice on the debugging I have a nexton board for tronsmart The ttl usb converter is here and its workingtryied it on loopback. There are two serial ports on the board by the looks of things rx1 tx1 and rx3 tx3 which one should i be using at all?

Comment

Hi!

I have a device with RK3229. I whant to test a debian instalation + your Kodi port. But I don't have a clear idea about how get a debian img for my device.

I assume that I need to get and existing RK32XX image and compile a new kernel but i don't know how start.

Can any one point me to some manuals or "how to" to start to working on that?

Comment

... and fireprime (the latter: sound only through audio jack)
                          What is the reason for this? Why there is only analog audio available on fireprime?
                          Is there a possibility to enable and use HDMI-audio ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bokrenok View Post
                            What is the reason for this? Why there is only analog audio available on fireprime?
                            Is there a possibility to enable and use HDMI-audio ?
                            Hi Bokrenok,
                            I don't exactly know why. My guess is that alsa audio has never been configured rightly for the fireprime. I guess that if you manage to configure it decently by creating a correct /etc/asound.conf things would be better. For mackodi I copied an existing one (from ugoos device) to at least solve a cracking sound also on audio jack. Maybe the firefly devs know how to do it on their site, better ask them.
                            It should be possible to fix this, as the kernel is the same than the android kernel in that regard and on android it is working correctly. So it really seems a configuration issue to me.
                            Cheers -- mac-l1
                            And Donate...

Comment

OK. Sounds great. Maybe there is quite a simple solution for using HDMI-sound.

BTW did you try videos 1080p @ 50fps ?
                              I've tried IPTV stream with these parametres in mackodi and it seems that playback is two times faster than it should be...
                              Seems like mackodi tries to decode that stream at rate of 24 fps.
                              Last edited by Bokrenok; 06-27-2016, 19:06.

Comment

Working...
                              X