Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to repair corrupted SD card from Android.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to repair corrupted SD card from Android.

After second hard freeze of my device some data wasn't properly written to SD card. That caused ext4 driver to mount this storage as read only (RO).

To repair that I needed to use e2fsck or fsck.ext4(2) shell tool. I didn't have any in my system therefore I procured it from debian repository.
    Then I faced problem how to unpack deb file. Because it is basically gzip file containing two tar.gz files inside. It could be done easy way or hard way (find offset of gzip magic number "1f8b" with hex editor and use dd command to copy only data.tar.gz file part to another location). Easy way: use Zarchiver .

When I succesfuly extracted e2fsck.static file then it required to set executable permission. As a root user I executed command when inside same directory as extracted e2fsck.static file: chmod 555 e2fsck.static.

Using this tool was easier than finding it . Only problem is how to identify blok device associated with SD card reader. Because in my case card was mounted (only read only mode) and not completely "rejected" therefore mount command pointed my quite clearly to that device. In its output there was line like this:
    /dev/block/dm-0 /mnt/expand/bb36f86c-4323-46f6-a73c-840ae75df625 ext4 ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noatime
    Then I entered system Settings -> Storage & USB and unmounted SD card. Then command "./e2fsck.static /dev/block/dm-0" resolved my issue.
    Before complaining that this dosen't help you do not forget to mount SD card again .
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10
Working...
X