Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best firmware for the tv box tronsmart orion r28 meta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best firmware for the tv box tronsmart orion r28 meta?

To this day, which is the best firmware-rom for tronsmart orion r28 meta.
    Thank you.
    a greeting.

Hello DOLCHEMAS, I do not own this box, so I can't suggest a ROM for it.

Have you looked around here?

NOTE: Before flashing alternate firmware, it is a good idea to have a copy of the original(stock) firmware, in case you want to go back or something goes wrong.
    Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by DOLCHEMAS View Post
      That mostly depends from how you use this TV Box. For example: do you have 5.1 audio setup and wish to pass audio to it through SPDIF or HDMI.

For my simple use case when I have connected one HDMI monitor with 2.0 audio Wasser's Marshmallow firmware is the best. Only drawback for me is that MX Player in version 1.8.x doesn't decode in HW mode videos which are encoded with H265 (HEVC) 10 bit. Similar situtation I have with VLC but there I couldn't find version that works with this codec when Main10 profile is used.

RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
      Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
      bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
        That mostly depends from how you use this TV Box. For example: do you have 5.1 audio setup and wish to pass audio to it through SPDIF or HDMI.

For my simple use case when I have connected one HDMI monitor with 2.0 audio Wasser's Marshmallow firmware is the best. Only drawback for me is that MX Player in version 1.8.x doesn't decode in HW mode videos which are encoded with H265 (HEVC) 10 bit. Similar situtation I have with VLC but there I couldn't find version that works with this codec when Main10 profile is used.
        Hello good afternoon.
        Currently I do not use 5.1, but maybe later.
        But what about the latest firmware stock 112?
        And wasser 4.0.11? And how about the Lollipop Beta_150811?

Comment

Stock firmwares (k112 and Lollipop Beta from 2015) for these devices are antient history. Even when you only watch movies downloaded to USB drive or SD card and don't browse Internet with this device it is much wiser to use Android Marshmallow on RK3288 platform.

Side not. This topic should be placed inside RK3288 devices -> Tronsmart rather than RK3288 global.
          RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
          Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
          bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by DOLCHEMAS View Post
            Thank you.
            a greeting.
            From my experience and after testing several f/w i ended up that mo123 Lollipop roms was the best match for my needs.
            I have Tronsmart R28 Meta with 2G/16G and BT, WiFi is working ok.

If you have a 4K TV then use Lollipop firmware 1.7b, If not a 4K and you want only 1080p then use 1.8a, If you have 720p TV then 1.8.
            In 1.7b the HDMI bit-stream works perfect but if you root the device you will have problems with Google apps.
            In 1.8a the HDMI bit-stream does not work (you can use SPDIF for 5.1 core) but everything else works perfectly.
            The HPH Launcher in this roms is very nice and neat and the network (Lan in my case ) is very fast.
            The embedded version of Kodi (NTMC) is very smooth and fluent in any video i tested (even in H265 HEVC with 10bit).
            The MXplayer installed in the above versions is 1.7 which does not have any problem with HW acceleration, just do not upgrade it to 1.8.

Note that in the above roms the Tronsmart remote does not work.

Comment

Thank you so much Orionas21 for sharing your experience with those machines. Your comment above was very helpful to me, you make my two years old r28 meta great again!
              A huge thanks to the developer MO 123 for all your efforts and time building such a great roms.

Using 1.8a rom completed transformed my box and I can enjoy it so much. maybe for the first time since I bought it, early 2015.
              Thanks again be well.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X