Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup and clone MK903V firmware image

Hi,
    I've got few MK903V Android HDMI TV Sticks. I've set one up and now want to clone its firmware to the other devices so each has identical setup.

I've followed the Backup instuctions using "AndroidTool v2.1" and created img-files for all partitions. I've also made a backup of a brand new device, never beeing powered up, just in case...

Btw. the instructions don't tell you how to put the device in loader mode. Just for the record, if I got this right:
    If you press and hold (~3s) the recessed "R" button while powering the device, it will
    - boot into recovery, if no USB host with valid drivers (and AndroidTool running?) is detected
    - boot into loader mode, if USB host (with AndroidTool running?) is detected

Also using "AndroidTool v2.1" I now want to flash my master image to the other sticks. In the "Download image" tab I've created a new config with "system" starting at 0x00092000 and "userdata" starting at "0x00214000". However, the Tool always lists "Loader" at 0x00000000 which cannot be removed (just unchecked), and that confuses me...

Do I actually have to write a valid loader even if I just want to write system/userdata image? Or is it enough to let it unchecked?
    Where do I get a valid loader from?
    Since the loader cannot be backed up, how can I find out which one is currently used?

Thx

Okay, just wanted to let you know that uploading just system.img and userdata.img worked fine, just uncheck "Loader" ... I've cloned my master device to few other HDMI sticks now and all work fine - even without wiping cache which I thought might be needed...
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
    X