CS-918+ HTC RK3288 Microstutter turned into megastutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS-918+ HTC RK3288 Microstutter turned into megastutter

So my RK3288 started with occasional micro stutters which was disappointing but the power and speed were awesome. Over time it has been stuttering more and more to where it has fits every 5 minutes it has a minute of just agony. Apps are failing to load now, it's taking 8 minutes to boot up... Is it hardware related or is it possibly just a corrupt kernel or something a flash would resolve?

Originally posted by JupiterPaladin View Post
    So my RK3288 started with occasional micro stutters which was disappointing but the power and speed were awesome. Over time it has been stuttering more and more to where it has fits every 5 minutes it has a minute of just agony. Apps are failing to load now, it's taking 8 minutes to boot up... Is it hardware related or is it possibly just a corrupt kernel or something a flash would resolve?
    Hi ,

the best is to backup your data and flash the FW new , what about cooling , or about dust inside ,

new installed Apps , that can make the Problems ??? good luck / gefattern

Comment

gefattern - I downloaded the stock Android 5.1 ROM from Rockchip and flashed. Everything​ works for the most part, I used the same ROM before, but the storage is reading as an 8gb unit but it's 16gb. No biggie on that, but now Google Play says some apps aren't compatible. Luckily it's rooted so I can just side load the APKs. It's pretty much like new again! Oh and the standard tiny sheet of a heatsink on the RK3288 SOC sucked so I cut a heatsink from an old motherboard South ridge and thermal paste held down by a custom ring terminal set I made, and removed the outer layer of plastic as it sticks out 3/8" higher than the case. That works great even tho it looks redneck

Comment

Working...
      X