Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo G66 TV Box - RK3288 / Android 5.1.1 / 2/16GB ROM / 2.4G + 5.8G Wi-Fi / 100Mbps / BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo G66 TV Box - RK3288 / Android 5.1.1 / 2/16GB ROM / 2.4G + 5.8G Wi-Fi / 100Mbps / BT4.1

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171211114916_52198.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	700756
    Descriptions
    Lenovo G66 is a high-performance TV box, which runs on steady Android 5.1.1 system. Large 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM capacity ensures more smooth and flexible operation. You can enjoy high-definition image at home. And it is reliable and safe to use in your home.

Main Features
    ● 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM, large capacity allows you to enjoy more pleasure
    ● RK3288 processor ensures more smooth and flexible operation
    ● 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz Wi-Fi, dual-band Wi-Fi brings you high-speed wireless transfer experience
    ● Supports many different video, audio, and photo formats

Gearbest
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today we can have look see at the

We can step back in time to when the 3288 was King (maybe)

This Unit does have a History
    It going to be a Games only type of unit google is you friend on this
    Guess it did not make it
    Now here it is Android 5.1, a good speck extremely well built groovy look and hardly any ports sad really.

So lets have a look.

The Box, Huge and well packed

What's in the box

Ports and that's it

Lets Pull it to Bits

Done

Seriously now, Pop the Cover, Power Touch Off/On switch, top PCB part of Blue LED show and Only Blue so far

Look around: Side, excellent thermal design

Other Side, all that alloy

Top Side Led stuff and some Venting or a Fan evan

Bottom Side, and Heat sink 1

Removed and not much to see Underside

Topside even less to show all covers soldered on

More destruction, WiFi Antenna and one on the other side

Heat Sink 2 the wrap around

All back together and working

Here you can see the Base plate with Vents, the top has a grill I gather its for venting and all that Alloy Excellent Thermal design.

As seen well Built, not just a PCB slapped into a Clam shell
    As mentioned great Build pity it did not make it...
    Tests Later

Gearbest
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Continuing on with a look at UI system etc

Running Android 5.1 and being a RK3288 it does ok I am finding
      Google and startup/setup and installing apps all Good

One USB port well out with a Mini USB hub for keyboard and Included Remote with Dongle

Remotes works excellent, No 100% Keyboard friendly easy fit later

No SD card slot
      One USB Port

No Root access or Task Bars

WiFi Excellent, Ethernet as expected I found.
      BT Deaf as a post at present not sure why,
      Onto the the Look around.

UI Installed Apps

Settings

System information

Antutu

Ram and Storage Truth

CPU-Z

Geekbench CPU.

More Info >
      http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/6371892

Geekbench Computer

Kodi 17.6 Installed, no app would read temps.

Plus you can see in Apps all the others installed

A1 SD Bench

Found a QR code on the Box, thought it might to lead to something interesting.
      Called Mini Station APK, maybe full of games and stuff there own little Spot..
      Nope an APP in Chinese, I believe for paring phone and sharing from what I could gather

A quick look may have a use.
      A Well made good looking Unit for sure, may get lucky with a custom Rom or some other joy, ok as it is Social games, Web interactions etc.

Netflix had a Sync problem drop to 24hz fixed that one and Just BT at present may Antenna to plugged on 100% after the show and tell.

You could leave on the Mantelpiece or coffee table plugged in when guest arrive..has a interesting look.

Did discover when there is no Network Connection/Internet the Led displays On bar flashed RED

Gearbest
      Last edited by trebor; 01-13-2018, 04:23.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Wow, $70 USD, Thanks, but no thanks.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

A nice bit of coffee table furniture.....I know has no clock....
          I did get BT to connect to the Phone but no other device seen..Must be some special BT..

treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Yes the price looks a little bit high, but the hardware is very well selected. This RK3288 will never run hot, because they have built a remarkable cooler pipe system.

I see just two weak points, only one usb port and the standard 5.11 ROM, nothing special inside and some useless apps.

The gaming system part is only in the Chinese Version, but of course in Chinese language.

JD

Comment

When we received this we hunted down the original Tencent OS, although in korean, a big step up from the android system that now comes nstalled.

Comment

Where can I find rom stock and rom cook?
                Thank you.

Comment

Official ROM is Tencent OS based on Android 4.4,so this 5.1.1 was built by someone else?Thus BT not working so well as the stock ROM,and the UI need to be beautified SERIOUSLY!

Where is this 5.1.1 ROM? I believe this forum has several gurus who can improve much better.Pls share the forum with this ROM,thanks.

Comment

Hello,

I already try to make ROM.
                    But that Device is special.
                    Needs special Bootloader and It has an property Wifi Chip inside where no drivers exist.

Neomode

Comment

Hi,neomode,

So glad you surfaced.
                      The wifi chip is AP6356s,should be broadcom's wifi&bluetooth chip,brcm shall work but needs more refinement for bluetooth.I guess the OP's ROM use generic that's why bluetooth doesn't work.Also it's due to the special chip that the stock ROM always enables wifi for mobile to mirror & control.

Maybe you can extract from the stock rom the kernel for some analysis and use?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

There is a link to original tencent recovery rom http://ms.myapp.com/myapp/ministatio...ion_update.zip
                        but i donĀ“t know to install

Comment

Hi ,

use Androidtool 2.35 or higher and u need RKDrivers 4.4/4.5 ,

http://ugoos.net/blog/rockchip-firmw...flashing-guide

http://ugoos.net/blog/reflashing-in-maskrom-mode-if-device-bricked

follow Instructions for restore . If something unclear ask ,

greetings / gefattern
                          Last edited by gefattern; 06-08-2018, 18:08. Reason: corrections

Comment

Hello! ordered a G66 console! and where to get the firmware 5.1.1?

Comment

• trebor
                              trebor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Have tried but no luck so far

Originally posted by Stanislav Belkin View Post
                            Hello! ordered a G66 console! and where to get the firmware 5.1.1?
                            Hi ,

that was no good idea , this Box is not well supported and with A5.1 it has a to old

Firmware , the Wifichip is a different one to all other Boxes with that Chip , most used

AP6335 , so you will not be able to use other Roms , hope you can be happy with the

stock A4.4 Rom from Years ago , even many Apps shall maybe not work with this Box ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                            X