Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lenovo G66 TV Box - RK3288 / Android 5.1.1 / 2/16GB ROM / 2.4G + 5.8G Wi-Fi / 100Mbps / BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ! No vibro, my button does not work.
    To dump I used "rkdumper"

Comment

Originally posted by Pavluha View Post
      Sure,if you flash the stock 4.4.2 firmware,it works.You can try it http://ms.myapp.com/myapp/ministatio...ion_update.zip
      The 5.1.1 firmware definitely was not from Lenovo,it has only 1.6Ghz of the CPU,while mine with the stock one goes to 1.8Ghz as it should be.It's a newer RK3288-CG.

How did you pour the dumped one back into the box?
      In your link,what's the firmware under the directory /image? there're two config one is for 8GB,another is for 16GB...

Comment

Hi Anteros,

I found some information about box - Lenovo ministation vxc10. As I understand, this is our box but for Vietnam and other countries in Asia.
        here the link to firmware - Android 5.1 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OHR...JbQWAp9oe/view
        and how to update it - https://boba.vn/android-tivi-box/ho-...android-box-le
        and some pictures from Android 5.1 - https://hdnew.vn/tin-tuc/lenovo-mini...0-android-5-1/
        Last edited by minimax2007; 10-20-2019, 07:43.

Comment

Hi Anteros,

I see that you asked Pavluha to explain you how to restore the dumped firmware.
          here the link - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry38778836
          and for anycase, how to dump the firmware - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry37271684

Comment

Originally posted by Pavluha View Post
            Hi Pavluha,

do you have any progress with Ugoos firmware for our box?
            (что-то получается с прошивкой для нашего девайса?)

Comment

Originally posted by minimax2007 View Post

Hi Pavluha,

do you have any progress with Ugoos firmware for our box?
              (что-то получается с прошивкой для нашего девайса?)
              Hi Minimax2007,
              Thanks for the link.

I tried,and not to my surprise.The Vietnamese firmware is handicaped,it used an old SDK to compile the firmware.

1.The CPU of Lenovo G66 is RK3288-CG,which can clock to 1.8Ghz,this firmware only limit to 1.6Ghz.It's cpu stepping is from 408-1608Mhz while the stock firmware 4.4.2 is 126-1800Mhz,no wonder it's not only laggy and even hotter than the stock firmware.I can hardly feel the temperature with the stock firmware,but after somewhile,the box is warm with the Vietnam firmware.

2. handicapper 5G wifi using sdio2.0,I have already listed the patch some Chinese developers put.

3.LED is always on,while the stock one is actually 5 breath lights which dim on and off,giving it a futuristic feel and energy efficient.

4.the shutdown is actually restart.

5 full of bloatware from Vietnam,not sure about any backdoor.
              There is Ugoos update module inside it so I guess they used Ugoos's SDK to compile this firmware.

Anyway,thanks for the info,but the firmware is a shitty one.

While ROM developers depend heavily on SDK from manufactures,but this firmware shows we actually can develop customized firmware,but just do some patches.
              Getting some GPIO info buy export /sys/class/gpio,and we can conrol the CPU voltage,LED light,etc... with some code.

But no ROM developers are interested,so still no perfect solution yet.
              About Pavluha's dump,I use android tool to flash,but no boot up at all,black screen,only the LEDs are always on.It should be a handicapped firmware too,only 1.6Ghz,no breath lights function and Pavluha, guess what,the stock rom has a Rktest.apk,which when I test the vibrator,the force is so strong!

Need ROM developers to dig into this box,really good design and fanless heat dissipation secondary to none.

Comment

Originally posted by anteros View Post

Hi Minimax2007,
                Thanks for the link.

I tried,and not to my surprise.The Vietnamese firmware is handicaped,it used an old SDK to compile the firmware.

1.The CPU of Lenovo G66 is RK3288-CG,which can clock to 1.8Ghz,this firmware only limit to 1.6Ghz.It's cpu stepping is from 408-1608Mhz while the stock firmware 4.4.2 is 126-1800Mhz,no wonder it's not only laggy and even hotter than the stock firmware.I can hardly feel the temperature with the stock firmware,but after somewhile,the box is warm with the Vietnam firmware.

2. handicapper 5G wifi using sdio2.0,I have already listed the patch some Chinese developers put.

3.LED is always on,while the stock one is actually 5 breath lights which dim on and off,giving it a futuristic feel and energy efficient.

4.the shutdown is actually restart.

5 full of bloatware from Vietnam,not sure about any backdoor.
                There is Ugoos update module inside it so I guess they used Ugoos's SDK to compile this firmware.

Anyway,thanks for the info,but the firmware is a shitty one.

While ROM developers depend heavily on SDK from manufactures,but this firmware shows we actually can develop customized firmware,but just do some patches.
                Getting some GPIO info buy export /sys/class/gpio,and we can conrol the CPU voltage,LED light,etc... with some code.

But no ROM developers are interested,so still no perfect solution yet.
                About Pavluha's dump,I use android tool to flash,but no boot up at all,black screen,only the LEDs are always on.It should be a handicapped firmware too,only 1.6Ghz,no breath lights function and Pavluha, guess what,the stock rom has a Rktest.apk,which when I test the vibrator,the force is so strong!

Need ROM developers to dig into this box,really good design and fanless heat dissipation secondary to none.
                Hi Anteros,

thank you for the update!
                Unfortunately, I don't think that somebody has desire to prepare the custom firmware for our tablet. At least in Russia, this is not popular tablet. There were discount in the Gearbest and I bought the tablet for 25 usd. Otherwise, I wasn't interested in it due to very high price.
                In general I am satisfied with the tablett.
                However, I am also interested in firmware update because I am restricted in downloading and installing most of the programs and games...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by anteros View Post

Sure,if you flash the stock 4.4.2 firmware,it works.You can try it http://ms.myapp.com/myapp/ministatio...ion_update.zip
                  The 5.1.1 firmware definitely was not from Lenovo,it has only 1.6Ghz of the CPU,while mine with the stock one goes to 1.8Ghz as it should be.It's a newer RK3288-CG.

How did you pour the dumped one back into the box?
                  In your link,what's the firmware under the directory /image? there're two config one is for 8GB,another is for 16GB...
                  Are you sure that this is full firmware?? It seems to me that this is update, it is also stated in the firmware's title.

Comment

Originally posted by minimax2007 View Post

Are you sure that this is full firmware?? It seems to me that this is update, it is also stated in the firmware's title.
                    Hi,this is the firmware provided by the official website.
                    Use a USB stick and press the reset to power on,it shall get it flashed.
                    It may be not full like those need android tool, resources.img,kernel.img...etc.

Comment

Good afternoon ! I will answer myself to my old post. This is the second USB 2.0 host. The usual plug does not fit. It rested against the rib of the case. Found from a Lenovo laptop on a cable. Everything works fine, reads flash drives. I stuck a transmitter from my remote control there. If you choose to repeat this, then remember that you do this at your own peril and risk. P.S. I gave the prefix to my relatives for a long time, and I have no opportunity to deal with it. Thanks everyone! Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38097.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	796901Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200201_093632.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	796902Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200201_094757.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	796903