Modifying boot.img

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying boot.img

I am trying to modify my boot.img splash screen when my device boots up. I would also like to enable audio with the bootanimation.

I currently have my bootanimation working, but without audio. The splash screen I have been unable to get changed...

I read a thread that said "On Rockchip devices, audio hardware is not initialized early in boot like other devices." If this is true, how can I initialize it? I can provide any files needed.

Thank you!!

Originally posted by KJThaDon
    I am trying to modify my boot.img splash screen when my device boots up. I would also like to enable audio with the bootanimation.

I currently have my bootanimation working, but without audio. The splash screen I have been unable to get changed...

I read a thread that said "On Rockchip devices, audio hardware is not initialized early in boot like other devices." If this is true, how can I initialize it? I can provide any files needed.

Thank you!!
    Some RK3229, RK3328 devices with new Nougat firmware support a bootvideo in mp4 format.
    The audio/video will play at the same time.
    For older devices, firmwares you will need to use a bootanimation.zip and startup ogg file but it will be 5 seconds out of sync after the video starts.
    If you want to change the static kernel logo on bootup before the bootanimation plays, you will need to build a new kernel as it's built into the kernel.
    If you want to change the uboot logo, it is inside the resource.img.

Comment

Originally posted by KJThaDon

Thank you!!
      Hi ,

first as possible stay in one Thread with your Problem and what Box do you have RK3328 or RK3288 ??? ,

then i know which one i can delete , okay , no need for double Thread .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Some RK3229, RK3328 devices with new Nougat firmware support a bootvideo in mp4 format.
        For older devices, firmwares you will need to use a bootanimation.zip and startup ogg file but it will be 5 seconds out of sync after the video starts.
        If you want to change the static kernel logo on bootup before the bootanimation plays, you will need to build a new kernel as it's built into the kernel.
        Thanks for the reply!
        I have a bootanimation.zip working fine, just without the audio. I've tried placing a PowrrOn.ogg file in several system/media folders, but none have worked. Also tried renaming the audio to boot.ogg etc...which got me to start searching if it was a hardware issue or just in the wrong location..

as far as the logos, I changed them all using fw factory tool and oddly enough, nothing changed.. even extracted the modified img I created and see the logos I places in..

any ideas?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

first as possible stay in one Thread with your Problem and what Box do you have RK3328 or RK3288 ??? ,

then i know which one i can delete , okay , no need for double Thread .

greetings / gefattern
          3288. I tried to delete the thread when I noticed i mistakenly posted in the wrong forum, but it didn't appear that this forum gives the ability to do so. Can you move this thread to the 3288 section and delete the other?

thanks

Comment

Hi ,

as you can see it is done , good luck with your "boot"

greetings / gefattern
            Last edited by gefattern; 05-03-2018, 00:59. Reason: corrections

Comment

Hi, mo123. Can you know, how to fix the sha checking in last ugoos nougat firmware? After repacking boot.img - tv-box does not start with errors in uart:
              boot or recovery image sha mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
                Hi, mo123. Can you know, how to fix the sha checking in last ugoos nougat firmware? After repacking boot.img - tv-box does not start with errors in uart:
                boot or recovery image sha mismatch
                You can't repack Nougat, will need to build you own images from Android source code only Ugoos has so far.
                RK Firmware Tools only work with Marshmallow or below OS.

Comment

will need to build you own images.
                  Only new bootloader, I think, new bootloader with disabled secureboot

Comment

Hi Mo123,

My Lenovo G66 just have audio & video at the same time when bootup,quite good sound result.It's a bootanimation.MP4 file under the /system/media directory.

RK3288-CG in Android 4.4.2 http://ms.myapp.com/myapp/ministatio...ion_update.zip

How did they do it?

Comment

Working...
                    X