LibreELEC and Linux for RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LibreELEC and Linux for RK3288

I opened this theme to support running ArmbianTV and LibreELEC on 32-bit ARM models. To date, there are first results on launching ArmbianTV and LibreELEC on the Rockchip rk3288.

Armbian

The link to the images

MEGA (name -rk3328)
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Libreelec
    (name -rk3328)

Recommended startup procedure on Ugoos UM3.

1. Install the Linux firmware version in eMMC (either a dual boot or a single Linux).

2. follow these instructions to download and run the Linux version from linuxium

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-rk3288-device

(do not forget to immediately expand the system partition to the entire media after writing the image). After launch, make a full backup eMMC with the DD command (or copy the ddbr utility to the system and use it).

3. Erase the first 4Mb on eMMC (using a simple DD command).

4. Download, unpack and burn the ArmbianTV image to your SD card.

5. Connect to the TV box and turn on the power. The system will start automatically.

For those who are not afraid to lose their regular firmware and be able to easily restore it later, you can use the "accelerated" launch option (erase eMMC use the tools for Rockchip TV boxes).

For more information, see this topic.

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/1423...w-armhf-armv7/
    Last edited by balbes150; 06-08-2020, 13:13.

Libreelec test image 20200607 for Ugoos UM3 (rk3288). 4k decoding is working.

Kernel 5.7-rc7
    KODI-19
    Last edited by balbes150; 06-08-2020, 13:13.

Comment

Uploaded the LE Addons for ARMv7 to the site (for KODI-19).
      They are now available for installation on UM3 (3288) via the standard procedure in GUI LE.

New image Libreelec 20200608
      Add USB WiFi
      Last edited by balbes150; 06-08-2020, 13:14.

Comment

The new version Armbian 20200609.
        In it, I switched to using the u-boot version 2020.04 (source shared with universal images for aarch64). This version has long implemented the function of starting the system from USB media. Now rk3288 also has the option to start the system from USB media. Minimal Bionic and Buster images have also been added to the site.

Starting from USB is available on both systems (Libreelec and Armbian). For example. You can write to an Armbian SD card, and write to a Libreelec USB flash drive. When you connect both media, LE will work, and when you disable the USB flash drive, Armbian starts.

p.s. The correct installation of these systems in eMMC is currently being tested.

Comment

Hi

Here is 4.4 kernel dts for Ugoos UT3S.
          Please check if there are differences compared to UM3 then I can help to test it for mainline support.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            Hi

Please check if there are differences compared to UM3 then I can help to test it for mainline support.
            I'll check this file.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
              Hi

As I was informed by some owners, UT3s works with DTB, which is used by default (only some elements that do not affect the overall operation do not work).

New image Armbian and LE kernel 5.7.2

Comment

Image kernel 5.8-rc2 (dev) and 5.6 (legacy)

Details (rk3288 and rk3188)

Comment

New versions of Armbian with the 5.8 core and Libreelec with the 5.7.14 core.
                  Both systems use the EMMC installation feature.

Comment

??? ????????? Libreelec ?? Beelink R89?
                    ??? ? ?????:
                    1. ?????? LibreELEC-ARMv7.arm-9.80-devel-20201006155018-8945356-rk3288.img.gz ? ? ??????? Win32DiskImager ??????? ?? micro sd.
                    2. ? ????? extlinux.conf ???????? ?? FDT /dtb/rockchip/rk3288-r89.dtb
                    3. ??????? micro sd ? ???? ? ??????? ??????? ? ???????. ?????? ????? (
                    4. ???????? ????????? ? ??????? AndroidTool 2.3 ? ????? AndroidTool 2.3 Loader RK3288Loader_uboot_V2.17.02.bin ????? ????? ???? ?? ???????? ? ?? ???? ??????? ???????? ??????? ?? prepare idb fail. ?????????????? ???? ??? ??? ???????? ? micro sd ? ?????????? ??????? sdcard_Xubuntu_0.3.1_ut3.img.7z ? ????? ??????? sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0. ????? ????? ????????? ???? ?????????? ????????? ?? ????? ? ?????? ????? ? ??? ????????.
                    ?? ???? ??? ???????? ??????????? ? ??? ?????? ?????? ?? ???????. ??????????.

Comment

Where can I write to you in Russian?
                      Last edited by 3MMM; 11-19-2020, 05:32.

Comment

Originally posted by 3MMM View Post
                        Where can I write to you in Russian?
                        to PM

Comment

Update image for rk3288 kernel 5.10

Comment

Can they work on Station M1?
                            Station M1 information: https://www.stationpc.com/portal.php...opic&topicid=7

Comment

Originally posted by Station View Post
                              Can they work on Station M1?
                              Station M1 information: https://www.stationpc.com/portal.php...opic&topicid=7
                              Station M1 has its own versions and there are many more of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X