Trying to edit a rk3288 7.1 rom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to edit a rk3288 7.1 rom

I have a bunch of these rk3288 units that are used for reading temperature. I need to find a way to delete the apk that's inside the firmware img file and put my edited on in there. The issue is I haven't found any useful tools to do so. Sergio's tool doesn't work right, it only can extract system.img which I don't need. The file I need to edit is vendor.img which I haven't found any tools to extract it and repack it. Or any tool to repack the split files back into one firmware img. Sergio's tool won't do it for some reason. My other guess was to install a custom recovery on one tablet and make a nand backup from one that I already got setup and flash the rest with it. No luck with that either, since anything I flash just gets stuck in boot. I would appreciate if anyone got any ideas on this matter. Here's the link to the rom file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HX0...ew?usp=sharing

Originally posted by alysia00 View Post
    I have a bunch of these rk3288 units that are used for reading temperature. I need to find a way to delete the apk that's inside the firmware img file and put my edited on in there. The issue is I haven't found any useful tools to do so. Sergio's tool doesn't work right, it only can extract system.img which I don't need. The file I need to edit is vendor.img which I haven't found any tools to extract it and repack it. Or any tool to repack the split files back into one firmware img. Sergio's tool won't do it for some reason. My other guess was to install a custom recovery on one tablet and make a nand backup from one that I already got setup and flash the rest with it. No luck with that either, since anything I flash just gets stuck in boot. I would appreciate if anyone got any ideas on this matter. Here's the link to the rom file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HX0...ew?usp=sharing
    Hi ,

why do you think they are in "vendor.img" ??? ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Preinstall apps are in system.img in < Android 7, in vendor.img in Android 7, in oem.img in Android 8/9 and in super.img(still to confirm) in Android 10.

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

why do you think they are in "vendor.img" ??? ,

greetings / gefattern
    because they're not in system.img I already checked so I know they're not there. The apk is around 140mb so is the vendor.img so I know it's in there.

Comment

If I could just take that apk out and put mine in there and repack the img then I can use Factory Tool 1.63 which the version that works with this tablet to flash them easily 10 units at a time.

Comment

If I could just take that apk out and put mine in there and repack the img then I can use Factory Tool 1.63 which the version that works with this tablet to flash them easily 10 units at a time.
        Please post the link to the app you want to use and the one you want removed.
        Maybe I can try to do it but don't know if it will work.
        Do you have a link to this device, never heard of IOT-RK3288-X before?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Please post the link to the app you want to use and the one you want removed.
          Maybe I can try to do it but don't know if it will work.
          Do you have a link to this device, never heard of IOT-RK3288-X before?

This is the page of the manufacturer, it uses a baidu to download the modification tools but I don't have a Chinese number to sign up. It has firmware tools and firmware tools.
          Here's also the link the new apk: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16P...HzNgofTopNad1A

Comment

Hi ,

only for one App , i would do it simple with "root" , one by one ,

for sure you already would be ready ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

They're all already rooted out the box.

Comment

Firmware couldn't be unpacked and link to the app doesn't work, so couldn't help.

Comment

Great Post !!!!!
                  made me think
                  This is my theory only and could be totally incorrect

CPU waits for those commands in bootload sequence.
                  The vender image/partition is in the system image if you change anything bootload sequence is fffffffffed
                  The vendor partition will contain code that is non android open source protocol.
                  I dont think you can extract the image and replace with your image again those commands are not open source
                  CPU doesnt care it just wants to execute and detect tempature

You would have to clone the ROM and embedd your code in vendor partition .
                  Or compile your own ROM

gjwa yzma

Comment

Well turns out I just needed the firmware tools from that website. Was able to unpack the firmware and everything and can repack it fine.

Comment

Sweet !!!!

And you had no problems editing vendor partition
                      Replace with your drivers/binary/paramiters
                      Repack
                      Good to go
                      Wow

This is why iam Theory and Analyitcs
                      I suk at practicle
                      I suk at code
                      And my Theory is not so great either
                      LOL