Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ROM with, or a way to add Vulkan support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ROM with, or a way to add Vulkan support?

I have an old Ugoos UM3 which I use to connect to my TV to play some android games and it would be nice to have vulkan support to gain a few fps here and there. The Nougat fw from Ugoos
    has never been updated beyond the beta stage so I opted to stay on MM and at least have a fully working version. In the past it was said that due to the Rockchip (lack of) support and SDK no vulkan drivers where available, has something changed in recent years?

thanks!

Originally posted by bosou View Post
    I have an old Ugoos UM3 which I use to connect to my TV to play some android games and it would be nice to have vulkan support to gain a few fps here and there. The Nougat fw from Ugoos
    has never been updated beyond the beta stage so I opted to stay on MM and at least have a fully working version. In the past it was said that due to the Rockchip (lack of) support and SDK no vulkan drivers where available, has something changed in recent years?

thanks!
    Yes, Vulkan is fully supported from Android 9 upwards.
    But you won't easily get Android 9 for RK3288 since most manufacturers discontinued the device 3 years ago.

Comment

Thanks, I thought it was supported from 7, and maybe working with ROMs for other boards, like TinkerOS. But yeah, I don't see any great development going for an SoC from 2014...

Comment

Originally posted by bosou View Post
        Thanks, I thought it was supported from 7, and maybe working with ROMs for other boards, like TinkerOS. But yeah, I don't see any great development going for an SoC from 2014...
        I will try to make an AndroidTV 7 ROM in future, but yes, it's difficult since no manufacturer can provide patches or support for RK3288 anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X