X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nicenicenicee View Post
    Dear All,
    I am new, considerting RK3288 based device,

Do these devices capable of decoding 3D blu ray movies as well?

I read this complete thread of 11 pages, but no one reviewed this aspect of playback?
    i know that any media player can play Side by Side, but not frame packing, does this one support it?
    Can any one check that?

I have 3D tv, but don't want to go for investing into one more 3D blu ray player separately..

Regards,
    Support 3D-Blueray by 3288,but not now..
    In the future it will be fixed by Firmware.

BTW,where did you get the 3D-Blueray videos?
    I want to find more to test.
    Last edited by oman; 10-20-2014, 04:45.
    Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Alice in WonderLand

Originally posted by oman View Post
      Support 3D-Blueray by 3288,but not now..
      In the future it will be fixed by Firmware.

BTW,where did you get the 3D-Blueray videos?
      I want to find more to test.

I would like to play this one as an example and many more.

by the way what does it mean to have ability to play MVS 1080 (60fps)? what specific format is it? though i am not sure but is it related to 3D frame packing? Can you try

Comment

Originally posted by nicenicenicee View Post
        http://www.amazon.in/Alice-Wonderlan...26724&sr=1-122

I would like to play this one as an example and many more.

by the way what does it mean to have ability to play MVS 1080 (60fps)? what specific format is it? though i am not sure but is it related to 3D frame packing? Can you try
        You mean MVC?

RK3288 Multimedia Codec Benchmark v1.1 -->FYI.
        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Comment

According to this benchmark the 3288 does support AAC LC 5.1 sound! - that is great news but it is also the only type of Surround sound (that I have found) that does not work with the stock player. So there is hope!

Comment

can these devices play 3D frame packing / Dolby / DTS sounds?

Yes I meant MVC only. Does it indicate that it will play 3d, as good as a blu ray player?
              I have started a feeling that media players are not yet there.

with sheet you indicated, i am not sure these chip will be able to support different audio format like Dolby, dolby plus , DTS, HD etc etc.

Can you also educate me that what happens in case of HDMI Passthrough, audio stream(s) are sent directly to the AVR (which may inturn be capable of recognizing / processing it).

With that can it be concluded that if you have proper passthrough functionality you still have hope to have proper audio process (with help of an AVR etc?)

Thanks

Comment

what i can conclude with this article

Thanks for article, though i knew about it earlier.

but i don't find it so usefull because it doesn't help me to decide if any of the android box is capable of playing 3d etc or not?

Comment

this box HiMedia Q5Ⅱ full support 3D bluray ISO,

our box (r89) not yet(?) support
                  Last edited by almirus; 10-21-2014, 14:35.

Comment

Just a quick feedback. Ive just received another r89 through the post and there was something rattling around inside. I opened it up and the heatsink wasnt attached to the motherboard!
                    I managed to clip it back on but im worried as it doesnt seem much is holding it on.

Comment

Bricked R89 Beelink

I bought a Beelink R89 from Mobase on Aliexpress. I opened it and connected it and everything worked fine but i decided to install the XMBC App Modiified for 3288 devices , after installing, no output on the screen.

I have tried the following

I used AV cable in case HDMI output is the issue but no output
                      I tried pressing reset button , button clicks but no difference
                      I cried connecting to PC to flash but PC does not recognize the device
                      I plugged Power then OTG (blue light comes on) then press reset button but no recognittion (same PC recognizes my 3188 device) I updated drivers but still no resolution
                      I tried using the short circuit method to go into flash mode but still no resolution

Kindly advice on what can be done device is just a week old

@Beelink Oman what do you advice

Comment

Press and hold reset button in then power the unit on then release the reset button.

Then connect the otg cable.

Comment

Originally posted by almirus View Post
                          this box HiMedia Q5Ⅱ full support 3D bluray ISO,

our box (r89) not yet(?) support
                          I mean R89 will support 3D blue-ray ISO later by updating Firmware...But I dont know when,RK is working on it.

Originally posted by koleojo View Post
                          I bought a Beelink R89 from Mobase on Aliexpress. I opened it and connected it and everything worked fine but i decided to install the XMBC App Modiified for 3288 devices , after installing, no output on the screen.

I have tried the following

I used AV cable in case HDMI output is the issue but no output
                          I tried pressing reset button , button clicks but no difference
                          I cried connecting to PC to flash but PC does not recognize the device
                          I plugged Power then OTG (blue light comes on) then press reset button but no recognittion (same PC recognizes my 3188 device) I updated drivers but still no resolution
                          I tried using the short circuit method to go into flash mode but still no resolution

Kindly advice on what can be done device is just a week old

@Beelink Oman what do you advice
                          ==>

Originally posted by Jakemate View Post
                          Press and hold reset button in then power the unit on then release the reset button.

Then connect the otg cable.

Comment

No output on R89

I mean R89 will support 3D blue-ray ISO later by updating Firmware...But I dont know when,RK is working on it.

==>

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Tools-release
                            I tried that still no output.

Comment

Oman, NO video at A/V
                              => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post246563

EDIT:
                              Forget it, everything is FINE
                              (You find the answer to post later)
                              Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 11-09-2014, 15:04.
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hi,

I just got my R89 Beelink few days ago, so I soon updated with the 111k4110_1219 firmware.
                                I connected this one on port 1 of my screen TV TCL LED U40S7606DS 4K UHD
                                But this is what I see when going to screen setting on the R89 beelink:

Very disappointed, I thought I could use the 60Hz but it is not available only 30Hz is available from the menu when I'm using HDMI 2.0 ports on both sides.

Is there someone who already met you the same worries?
                                Or is there same problem on a different 4K screen model with HDMI 2.0 port ?

Thank you for your help
                                Beelink R89 2/16GB Version PCB 3.0
                                Stock Firmware 111K4110_1219
                                Output: TCL U40S7606DS

Comment

Working...
                                X