R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R89-WIFI/BT/Ethernet feedback here

Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

I tried to connect my Apple Wireless but got a "Can't communicate" error every time. Logcat does not show anything useful, but I might fetch a dmesg later to see if something is in there

Comment

Been playing with the box for about 20 minutes. Can't get ethernet to connect with the internet. It shows in my router, but can't connect to the internet. The wireless connects without any problems.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        Been playing with the box for about 20 minutes. Can't get ethernet to connect with the internet. It shows in my router, but can't connect to the internet. The wireless connects without any problems.
        did you disable wireless to make ethernet work?
        old android couldnt have ethernet and wlan enabled, i didnt try my ethernet yet

Comment

Originally posted by sync View Post
          did you disable wireless to make ethernet work?
          old android couldnt have ethernet and wlan enabled, i didnt try my ethernet yet

Off topic, but did you root your box yet?
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Off topic, but did you root your box yet?
            i think it came rooted, i had supersu already installed
            havent tried any root apps yet

Comment

i think it came rooted, i had supersu already installed
              havent tried any root apps yet
              Yes, supersu is installed, but not rooted. Also, what version is your box?

Comment

Yes, supersu is installed, but not rooted. Also, what version is your box?
                aww that sucks

android version 4.4.2
                vendor version 106k4

Comment

aww that sucks

android version 4.4.2
                  vendor version 106k4
                  Ok, I have the same version 106k4. Still not sure why I can't get sound or ethernet working.

Comment

Ok, I have the same version 106k4. Still not sure why I can't get sound or ethernet working.
                    ac3 is now working for me, ill plugin some cables now and see if ethernet works
                    //edit, yeah its working, i disabled wifi to make sure but it even with wifi on it connected to ethernet, maybe i can make it a 2nd wifi router or wifi ap, awesome

it even switched the symbol in light home from the typical wifi bars to lan computer

did you try static ip?

Comment

ac3 is now working for me, ill plugin some cables now and see if ethernet works
                      //edit, yeah its working, i disabled wifi to make sure but it even with wifi on it connected to ethernet, maybe i can make it a 2nd wifi router or wifi ap, awesome

it even switched the symbol in light home from the typical wifi bars to lan computer

did you try static ip?
                      I swapped cables and got Ethernet working. Still no audio. Are you running 1080p, everything is so small and I have my icon setting to huge.

Comment

aww that sucks

android version 4.4.2
                        vendor version 106k4
                        I did a factory restore and now it is rooted. Very strange.

Comment

ANTUTU called this device as a MONSTER! yes it is

AP6335 Wifi Chip is amazing

5ghz wifi speed Test Download result ; 88 mbps!!! Upload ;6.5 mbps

2.4ghz wifi speed test Download result; 62mbps! Upload is 6.54mbps (thats my max U.S)

P.s UK Virginmedia Superhub 100mbps connection

Also post "ONLY" wifi/BT/Ethernet test results or problems here please....

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                            ANTUTU called this device as a MONSTER! yes it is

AP6335 Wifi Chip is amazing

5ghz wifi speed Test Download result ; 88 mbps!!! Upload ;6.5 mbps

2.4ghz wifi speed test Download result; 62mbps! Upload is 6.54mbps (thats my max U.S)

P.s UK Virginmedia Superhub 100mbps connection

Also post "ONLY" wifi/BT/Ethernet test results or problems here please....
                            Had simalar results Virgin 100meg here to and agree AP6335 Is exellent using Superhub 2 .

2.4 have maxed at Down/Up 80/6.5
                            5GHZ have maxed at Down/up 95/6.5

Wifi/Ethernet connected without issue.

Comment

Speedtest

What do you folks use to test your internet/wifi speed? I normally use ookla's Speedtest but PlayStore tells me it is not compatible with this device.

Paired the device with a bluetooth RocketFish mouse and I am using it - no problems to report
                              Also paired it with a Nexus 7 (2012 - KitKat) but I have not really tested the interface
                              Last edited by 4WheelSpyder; 08-27-2014, 03:09.

Comment

Working...
                              X