R89-Android OS / Launcher / UI.... issues - feedback here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R89-Android OS / Launcher / UI.... issues - feedback here

oman, I open this new thread because of some issues at the "Beelink R89/UBOX ROM/Tools release" and other issues at "Beelink R89 --RK3288 Cortex-A17 Mali-T7 4Kx2K RGMII HDMI2.0 supported by ODM&developers" and other at...
    and all this also doesn't match to "R89-Android OS features/Launcher/UI....feedback here"

__________________________________________________ _______
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Originally posted by Arbelzapf View Post
    Thanks, I successfully flashed the ROM and nothing changed. It's still constantly "flashing" the background after booting up. So I guess the ROM you posted already includes the OTA?

Is there anything I can try to make it work on my box? Or can you upload the original rom so I can at least get back to a working state?
    I described the problem in the other thread, let me quote it here:
    I can't go "Home" anymore. Right after booting up, it will only show constant flashing of the android default "dark grey gradient" background, as if an app was constantly starting and crashing. There's no way to do anything useful with it

The navbar is still working, so I can shut down the box and acces the "Recent Apps". While the recent apps are shown, I can access the status bar and go to the settings. I tried choosing different default launchers, but nothing made the home screen come up again. Any advice how to solve this?
    Alright, I tried to factory reset through settings and now it's completely screwed. I still get the constant flashing, but cannot go to settings anymore because I haven't passed the setup wizard yet. Can I get a flashable rom from before the OTA to restore my box, please?
    So that's where I'm at now. I could switch launchers before I reset the box by going to the settings from the recents panel.

But now that I'm on a fresh install with the setup wizard not completed (and no way to do so), the settings are unavailable and I cannot do anything
    Thank you, it loads suprisingly fast.

So this will get me to the settings again, right? I can try switching launchers again and take a video of it

Okay I made a video of the problem and I'm currently uploading it.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUwO...wLIcUlY_nRP7bQ
    Yes, I just connected it to my secondary computer monitor and switched resolutions. It's always the same.

I connected via adb and grabbed a logcat.

This is from a couple of seconds on the homescreen. I already cut it down to half, and it's probably repating the same couple of errors thousands of times, but here it is:

http://pastebin.com/2twDyzLv
    Next time I should really set a different log level. I only googled the very basics of grabbing a log through adb since it's been a year since I have done this the last time.

You have obviously seen all the exceptions caused by "com.mbx.settingsmbox" resp. "com.mbx.settingsmbox/com.mbx.settingsmbox.OobeActivity" (towards the end of the log).

I'm beginning to think I might get around the issue if I just delete/deactivate the app in settings. But that's not a real solution, of course (The real solution, of course, would be to wrap the whole app in a try/catch{} block. )

I hope you find the root of the issue. It's irritating that only my box seems to have this problem, yet it shows on a fresh install right through the flash tool. There's no way I could have broken something by changing settings/disabling apps/doing some root stuff.

I'll gladly try any crazy idea you might have and the box is always ready to flash In the meantime, I'm back to stock.
    I had the problem after applying the OTA and again after flashing the full (updated) ROM through the flash tool. The only way to get the box working again was to go back to stock. The factory reset was just something I tried, not really related to the problem. But I am somewhat relieved to hear I'm not the only one who has seen this weird behaviour
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

@Arbelzapf
      I don't have this issue at my 2GB/8GB version after OTA.
      Have you also tried to flash my ""hole"" NAND dump?

Because "... IMG only contains misc, resource, boot, recovery, system ..." maybe to be sure to get a clean device???
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I'm missing (not really but not working) the "Touch sounds" after OTA to 107k4... at 106k4 I recognised that is sometimes work and sometimes not...

I also had the situation that there was no sound at first start-up of 'Riptide GP2 v1.2' at 106k4, but only at first start-up...

EDIT:
        -----
        Found out that I lost every audio after OTA to 107k4... reflashing my stock dump and will see if I get back the audio...
        -----
        audio via HDMI to TV
        106k4 = OK
        OTA to 107k4 = KO (no audio)

EDIT2:
        ------
        after 'Factory data reset' at 106k4 I also lost the audio...

EDIT3:
        --------
        If I leave at TV the HDMI and switch to another port, I also lost at 106k4 the audio (one reboot didn't fix it)...
        Sometimes it helps to often switch between the HDMI port which is attached to the R89 and another port at TV to bring back audio at the R89 input...
        (BTW: at the tools (which use curves) I use I also have seen, that the curves pauses during at another HDMI port at TV)

If you need some logs, please tell me which one at which situation...
        Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 08-31-2014, 15:23.
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Would really like it if, Google contacts and calendar would sync with my Google account on this box.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            Still confuse about what @Arbelzapf met..

I'm missing (not really but not working) the "Touch sounds" after OTA to 107k4... at 106k4 I recognised that is sometimes work and sometimes not...

I also had the situation that there was no sound at first start-up of 'Riptide GP2 v1.2' at 106k4, but only at first start-up...

EDIT:
            -----
            Found out that I lost every audio after OTA to 107k4... reflashing my stock dump and will see if I get back the audio...
            -----
            audio via HDMI to TV
            106k4 = OK
            OTA to 107k4 = KO (no audio)

EDIT2:
            ------
            after 'Factory data reset' at 106k4 I also lost the audio...

EDIT3:
            --------
            If I leave at TV the HDMI and switch to another port, I also lost at 106k4 the audio (one reboot didn't fix it)...
            Sometimes it helps to often switch between the HDMI port which is attached to the R89 and another port at TV to bring back audio at the R89 input...
            (BTW: at the tools (which use curves) I use I also have seen, that the curves pauses during at another HDMI port at TV)

If you need some logs, please tell me which one at which situation...
            Waiting the 108k4..then we will see
            Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

@Arbelzapf
              I don't have this issue at my 2GB/8GB version after OTA.
              Have you also tried to flash my ""hole"" NAND dump?

Because "... IMG only contains misc, resource, boot, recovery, system ..." maybe to be sure to get a clean device???

TBH I did not really try anything new after going back to stock. Flashing the full dump sounds reasonable. Otherwise I would have waited until the next update. Will report back when I found time to do it. Currently working :P

Comment

"GUI" reset

Is it a bug / issue or not? I don't know, BUT if I leave the HDMI port and switch to another one at the TV, the "GUI" resets, which means, if I'm at an app with e.g. curves, it begins at zero, and e.g. the stock video player stops...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Icons and Fonts perfect

After the update, the icons and fonts are perfect, no need to change the DPI from 160 to 240, that problem is solved.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

with 108k4 I get back audio at HDMI to TV (also after leaving the HDMI port at the TV and back to it)...

A little issue is, that the "Touch sound" is sometimes missing:
                    e.g. at Settings -> Ethernet -> there from [on] to [off] (no sound, but that's every time, so maybe normal) and then click another entry (e.g. USB) then there is no "Touch sound" but at the next click somewhere (maybe also USB) I hear a "Touch sound"...
                    And that effect also happens after e.g. return, the first click without "Touch sound" and the next clicks with "Touch sound"...
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I have an input issue. When I type on a wireless keyboard or an airmouse almost always the letters stick and it types the same letter continuously like I have my finger pressed on the button for a long time

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
                        I have an input issue. When I type on a wireless keyboard or an airmouse almost always the letters stick and it types the same letter continuously like I have my finger pressed on the button for a long time
                        Noone else has that problem?

Comment

If I turn on wifi internetsharing Beelink re boots after a while.

Comment

Location services are not available on the r89. Does anyone else have the same problem? Also it says that i dont have space even though i have installed only7-8 apps

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
                              Location services are not available on the r89. Does anyone else have the same problem? Also it says that i dont have space even though i have installed only7-8 apps
                              Yes, to both of those statements. No location services. Also, I ran into the same problem of running out of space when there should have been lots of space. I just did a factory restore from the settings menu, then reinstalled everything. Now that you have said you have or had the same problem of running out of space, it must be a bug.

Comment

Working...
                              X