Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard "Enter" key bug

Hi,

I'm using my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard and most of the time it works fine, however I have noticed a weird bug. When you operate with the keyboard ie. type a website address in the browser and you hit the "Enter" key, the mouse pointer appears and if it's above any buttin it will click it instead. It's like "Enter" key is the shortcut for the mouse-click, so you need to be careful that the mouse pointer is above the item you currently edit. In other words, please differentiate between hitting "Enter" key and mouse click

Also not sure if that's relevant but in some apps ie. games I cannot click on some buttons using the mouse pointer. Not sure if I need any extra app that simulates the touching/tapping but fixing this would also be awesome!

One more time thank you for your hard work!

Cheers!

Originally posted by newkind View Post
    ... When you operate with the keyboard ie. type a website address in the browser and you hit the "Enter" key, the mouse pointer appears and if it's above any buttin it will click it instead. It's like "Enter" key is the shortcut for the mouse-click, ...
    Are you sure it isn't an interaction via the touchpad next to the 'Enter' key instead of an action because of the use of the 'Enter' key?
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yah, I'm sure. I'll try to record this behavior once I'm back at home

Comment

Allright so here's a video : https://cloudup.com/c6aRl--1o4n

And here's what I'm doing in this video :

1. Hover the mouse cursor over the Kodi (don't worry about the icon)
        2. Use the Beelink remote to go over the built-in browser
        3. Press the enter key on the keyboard
        4. The built-in browser should launch but instead Kodi launches as it was under the cursor (as you can see the mouse cursor has reappeared)

This bug is all over the system ie. when using different apps ie. Kodi, Chrome, VyprVPN. If you are using keyboard to navigate and you press the enter key it will execute whatever item is under mouse cursor, and if it's empty the "enter" key simply won't work

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release

Comment

OK, because you press the [Enter] from the left side, it couldn't be an interaction via the touch-pad but seems to be an interaction with the (invisible) mouse-curser instead of the 'focus' ...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

plugin the keyboard (receiver) to the OTG port with adapter.
            Not to the side usb ports.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try it once I get the adapter

Comment

Did you ever figure this out? I have a K400 keyboard that behaves absolutely fine on all of my Android boxes except for my new Zidoo X1 II, where it misbehaves just as you described. Pressing enter launches the thing that the mouse pointer was pointing at instead of what's highlighted.
                MXQ / M8S+ / MXIII-Plus / Mini MX / Mini MXIII / T95 / Mini M8S II / R68 / V88 / GT1

Comment

Hi there! I've been using Logitech wireless keyboards with my Android TV boxes with no issues, until I got a new M8 pro box with K400, and the enter key issue turned up. After much searching and trying many recommended options, I figured out on my own that "holding the FN (function) key while hitting enter" resolved my problem.

Comment

I agree, FN-enter "fixes" my problem. I've also noticed this misbehavior on my Beelink R68 box. The Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard does not have this problem. It's just the Logitech K400 that I'm having a problem with. I would like to find a solution that doesn't involve holding in the FN key. (Other than getting rid of the K400 keyboard or the Android boxes that don't like it.)
                    MXQ / M8S+ / MXIII-Plus / Mini MX / Mini MXIII / T95 / Mini M8S II / R68 / V88 / GT1

Comment

Change the default key layout button 28 to ENTER
                      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                        Change the default key layout button 28 to ENTER
                        Is that something that will require root access, and editing one of the files that defines the key map?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon7sky View Post

Is that something that will require root access, and editing one of the files that defines the key map?
                          Yes to both
                          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by newkind View Post
                            Hi,

I'm using my Logitech K400 wireless keyboard and most of the time it works fine, however I have noticed a weird bug. When you operate with the keyboard ie. type a website address in the browser and you hit the "Enter" key, the mouse pointer appears and if it's above any buttin it will click it instead. It's like "Enter" key is the shortcut for the mouse-click, so you need to be careful that the mouse pointer is above the item you currently edit. In other words, please differentiate between hitting "Enter" key and mouse click

Also not sure if that's relevant but in some apps ie. games I cannot click on some buttons using the mouse pointer. Not sure if I need any extra app that simulates the touching/tapping but fixing this would also be awesome!

One more time thank you for your hard work!

Cheers!
                            Hello,

Did you reslove this issue? if yes could please tell me how? I am having the same weird issue with the ENTER button using a K830 Logitech keyboard.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X