No announcement yet.

Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@gridlock. Then you have set Sound Device Manager as SPDIF passthrough? But even if that is true Oman wrote that SPDIF or HDMI passthrough isn't stable and they know about user having problems with some amplifiers.
    Last edited by Gormar; 12-11-2014, 17:38. Reason: nothing changed :)
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

@Gormar ; even if that is true......!!!!!! i've got no reason to lie about such a matter and i always talk about what i am experiencing despite of how simple i express it. anyway , leave it. maybe developers know exactly what i'm talking about and as far as i can remember they were talking about getting spdif passthrough via xbmc and the ability of some receivers to get it ....
      i said (as far as i can remember) for me not to be called a liar indirectly again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
        In my opinion this firmware is better than 110k4 version but it isn't perfect. To be precise: I didn't found one thing which work worse than stock.

If I understand your question correctly then I must say that I didn't personaly test downloading from torrents files bigger than 4GB on either EXT4 (internal) or NTFS (external or USB) partitions but as far as I know there shouldn't be any problems because there is no 4GB max file size limit as in FAT(32) file system.
        All my question are for this rom , because with stock rom like Mk902 II and Beelink 3288 stock i have problem , i am asking because wasser is all in one partition , and make or non make difference.

thank u

Comment

@gridlock. I didn't accuse you of lying. What I wrote was about Sound Device Manager and if "SPDIF passthrough setting" is true. Sorry but meaning was lost in translation .

Even if I'm realy sorry about your problem I think that there are some more important things to solve that are encountered by more people and persist in both stock and this firmware. One of them is Youtube playback. App can only access 720p quality videos because there is propably problem with dash player (variable media playback) on this firmware. It was supposedly resolved by mo123 in his but he isn't to eager to share his solution. It wouldn't be such a drag if only youtube will work well in internet browser. But in Chrome with standard configuration there are blue faces because VP9 decoding is done in software. And when someone change web User Agent and pose as Windows XP then AVC decoder will shut down broweser when you try fast forward current video similar like when XMBC is set to mediaCoder mode .
          RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
          Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Originally posted by wolfheart79 View Post
            All my question are for this rom , because with stock rom like Mk902 II and Beelink 3288 stock i have problem , i am asking because wasser is all in one partition , and make or non make difference.
            Yes, one data partition make realy BIG difference not only because of size but mostly because it isn't FAT file system but much better EXT4 which is native to Linux and Android.

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock View Post
              thank you Wasser for your extreme effort... i really really love this rom , yet again i'm truly feeling bad because it played almost everything fine with stock player and mx player in H/W mode EXCEPT FOR MOVIES WITH DTS AUDIO (movies with dts play fine but with no audio in h/w mode).... aside from that everything else plays fine in h/w ( i mean movies with dolby digital audio )... so ;
              in mx player (h/w mode) :
              -movies with dts ( awesome video and no audio )
              -movies with DD ( awesome video and awesome audio )
              I've just tested 4 DTS samples and all play audio with MX Player using HW.

Have you patched MX Player with the custom codecs here?

https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ). Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I...
              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

@bluesmanuk ...... yup bro i did use the custom codec... i never encountered this issue with the stock firmware(110k4) using the optical cable and with spdif passthrough audio set up.... i don't know if you used hdmi bitstream , but the spdif passthrough using my optical cable is not giving me sound in movies with dts audio in this rom

Comment

@bluesmanuk ...... yup bro i did use the custom codec... i never encountered this issue with the stock firmware(110k4) using the optical cable and with spdif passthrough audio set up.... i don't know if you used hdmi bitstream , but the spdif passthrough using my optical cable is not giving me sound in movies with dts audio in this rom
                  I don't use hdmi bitstream but if I use spdif passthrough, I get dts from my surround sound system.
                  R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                    I've just tested 4 DTS samples and all play audio with MX Player using HW.

Have you patched MX Player with the custom codecs here?
                    From my MXPlayer tests apear that Custom Codec isn't neccesary to decode DTS on RK3288 in HW mode. On the other hand in HW+ it is necessity. But it probably means that there is diferrent audio path in HW+ and HW mode.

@gridlock. Maybe you should try MXPlayer in HW mode but select software audio. To do so you must open audio stream menu (note/tune icon) and check below "use s/w audio decoder".

Comment

@Gormar... Thanks a lot , but when i choose to decode using s/w or h/w+ i get pcm instead of dts... anyway, truly appreciate it bro...

Comment

I have problem with Rii mini i24 , the key stay sticky , the same with stock and wasser , kodi rc3 , play with freeze , the frame go up and down. I don t now but with MK902 II i have more stability with the same add-on installed.

Any stock rom with version ??

Comment

Originally posted by wolfheart79 View Post
                          I have problem with Rii mini i24 , the key stay sticky , the same with stock and wasser , kodi rc3 , play with freeze , the frame go up and down. I don t now but with MK902 II i have more stability with the same add-on installed.

Any stock rom with version ??
                          Have the same problem with lots of additional (Mini-) Keyboards. While some work some act like crazy...you press a button one time and it acts like its pressed 232343 times.

Omar told us in another thread to use the OTA Port with a OTA Cable and: IT WORKS.

Still its a annoying bug...and I hope its not a hardware bug so it might get fixed in the future...but no info on that from omar

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                            Flashed the ROM and done some testing.

External SD card write is fixed.

FakeID vulnerability still requires manual patching.

At the top of the notification tray there is usually an indicator with 3 lines that you click to clear the entries from the drop down list. This is no longer present.

Videos play as perfectly as they can at this time and the same as with the 2.0.2 beta.

Everything else, just as before and no issues for me.

Nice to know what one of the PCB changes was between 2 and 3 with regards to the LED not having any form of control on the original.

1. i haven't found the fixes for the FakeID vulnerability. Do yuo have a link to the fix so i can take a look?

2. the indicator with 3 lines is still in 2.0.2

Wasser
                            http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
                              Have the same problem with lots of additional (Mini-) Keyboards. While some work some act like crazy...you press a button one time and it acts like its pressed 232343 times.

Omar told us in another thread to use the OTA Port with a OTA Cable and: IT WORKS.

Still its a annoying bug...and I hope its not a hardware bug so it might get fixed in the future...but no info on that from omar
                              I don't think it can be fixed in the firmware. It's a hardware bug.

Wasser

Comment

thank you Wasser for your extreme effort... i really really love this rom , yet again i'm truly feeling bad because it played almost everything fine with stock player and mx player in H/W mode EXCEPT FOR MOVIES WITH DTS AUDIO (movies with dts play fine but with no audio in h/w mode).... aside from that everything else plays fine in h/w ( i mean movies with dolby digital audio )... so ;
                                in mx player (h/w mode) :
                                -movies with dts ( awesome video and no audio )
                                -movies with DD ( awesome video and awesome audio )
                                Could you please upload short test video to reproduce this issue?

Thanks
                                Wasser

Comment

Working...
                                X