Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henkdevries View Post
    Thanks for your input, makes sense.

You flashed mo's 1.2 kernel, with what rom? Stock r28?
    And where do i find these updates libraries and where do i put them?

Thanks!
    Yah
    I'm actually using mo's v1.2 ROM. First I downloaded his v1.4 ROM, mounted the system image, copied all the updated omx*.so, rkstagefright*.so, libvpu.so, anything else that looked like it was related (he actually gave me a list a few pages back). I mounted the 1.2 system image, copied in the new lib files. Oh I forgot to mention there no space in system from 1.2, so I deleted bootanimation.old, spmc 13 apk from pre-install directory to make space for the libs, still only copy a few at a time or you will be told not enough space, but if you only copy a few at a time, most libs are overwriting old ones, very few are totally new. Last thing was put spmc14beta2 apk in pre-install before saving the image.

In the rk android tool installer for 1.2, replace resource.img and boot.img with the ones you unpacked from tronsmart 110K4 firmware, make sure that if you saved your new system.img in another file that it is selected to flash as well then lower format and flash.

This works well, although didn't seem to load Bluetooth at startup (which is a function that I wanted, which stock ROM does) so I had to add a few lines to init.rc. now everything seems to be working great so far. Haven't really tested any high bitrate files yet or anything, just some xbmc plugin streaming.

If anyone else is interested in this, or even if only 1 person would use it, I can pack it and upload it. Why not, I've already done the work right?

Unofficial fork of mo123 for tronsmart anyone? Lol.
    Cheers,
    -SB
    ---------------------------------------
    Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
    Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
    Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
    RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
    ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Of course now that tronsmart has finally released an 111K4 ROM as of today, everything I just posted about might be unnecessary. You may be able to use tronsmart resource and boot image from that with newer ROMs without need to worry (although someone posted something in the thread linked to a couple of posts before mine about Bluetooth not working in that ROM and tronsmart's ROM. I can't say because I haven't tested either. I'm not planning to either because I've got to get this box back to a customer). I would have really like to have used mo's 1.3 or 1.4 as a base instead, even if I had to use tronsmart 111 kernel, boot, and resource, just because I prefer one partition. That goes for wasser, too.

I really wish tronsmart had released 111k4 back when beelink did, could have possibly saved me a lot of trouble! I was afraid they weren't going to update anymore. I told my customer that the tronsmart looked like a good choice awhile back, then my dad got me an r89 for Christmas and I'm glad to have it now.. beelink 111k4 ROM runs pretty well stock, except I prefer the SPMC beta 2 over KODI.

Cheers,
      -SB
      ---------------------------------------
      Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
      Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
      Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
      RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
      ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Wasser Firmware 2.0.4 release

Hi All,

Wasser Firmware 2.0.4 is released. Please take a look at the first post to get more info.

Enjoy

Wasser
        http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
          Hi All,

Wasser Firmware 2.0.4 is released. Please take a look at the first post to get more info.

Enjoy

Wasser
          Just tested a couple of movies which I use to test for the micro stutter and unfortunately the stuttering is still there

Could be the system settling as its a new install, will keep testing.

Comment

Re: NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.4 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

Hi All,

Enjoy

Wasser
            Wow! micro stutter is fixed?! Need to download this baby!

Comment

Originally posted by gffmac View Post
              Just tested a couple of movies which I use to test for the micro stutter and unfortunately the stuttering is still there

Could be the system settling as its a new install, will keep testing.

how have you tested it? with SPMC? Please try to test it with stock player, it should play without any micro stuttering. The SPMC still needs to be fixed for micro stuttering issue.

Wasser

Comment

Thank u. Hope my torrent is fixed with this rom . the 4 version its your success

Comment

how have you tested it? with SPMC? Please try to test it with stock player, it should play without any micro stuttering. The SPMC still needs to be fixed for micro stuttering issue.

Wasser
                  Yes SPMC Kodi beta 2, will test with built in player... Does anyone actually use that? lol

Does the stock media player even work with smb its only listing my DLNA shares.
                  Last edited by gffmac; 01-16-2015, 20:32.

Comment

Video playback is much better but I always get system reboot when open tinyCam Monitor. This never happen using previous rom.

Comment

Wasser
                      Any idea why latest beta for Open Hour Chameleon Firmware 1.0.11 manages to play fine no stuttering in SPMC? Only problem with that rom is no bluetooth and power button.

Comment

Originally posted by d4nny82 View Post
                        Video playback is much better but I always get system reboot when open tinyCam Monitor. This never happen using previous rom.
                        And always get system reboot on YouTube.....

Comment

Originally posted by sawbones999 View Post
                          Yah
                          I'm actually using mo's v1.2 ROM. First I downloaded his v1.4 ROM, mounted the system image, copied all the updated omx*.so, rkstagefright*.so, libvpu.so, anything else that looked like it was related (he actually gave me a list a few pages back). I mounted the 1.2 system image, copied in the new lib files. Oh I forgot to mention there no space in system from 1.2, so I deleted bootanimation.old, spmc 13 apk from pre-install directory to make space for the libs, still only copy a few at a time or you will be told not enough space, but if you only copy a few at a time, most libs are overwriting old ones, very few are totally new. Last thing was put spmc14beta2 apk in pre-install before saving the image.

In the rk android tool installer for 1.2, replace resource.img and boot.img with the ones you unpacked from tronsmart 110K4 firmware, make sure that if you saved your new system.img in another file that it is selected to flash as well then lower format and flash.

This works well, although didn't seem to load Bluetooth at startup (which is a function that I wanted, which stock ROM does) so I had to add a few lines to init.rc. now everything seems to be working great so far. Haven't really tested any high bitrate files yet or anything, just some xbmc plugin streaming.

If anyone else is interested in this, or even if only 1 person would use it, I can pack it and upload it. Why not, I've already done the work right?

Unofficial fork of mo123 for tronsmart anyone? Lol.
                          Cheers,
                          -SB
                          I am interested in this unofficial fork Sounds good.

Comment

hdmi virtual switch

@wasser:

I have a question about 'hdmi virtual switch'. This tool writes '0' into /sys/class/switch/hdmi/state and it works with your custom firmware. But the file has no write permissions in the stock firmware. I tried to change this and I add following line in init.rc: chmod 0666 /sys/class/switch/hdmi/state. But it dont work. After a reboot the edited line is dismissed in init.rc and /sys/class/switch/hdmi/state has no write permissions. So 'hdmi virtual switch' cant write '0'. If I manually change the right permissions then it works. Could you please help me to solve the problem ? Thanks!

Comment

I am interested in this unofficial fork Sounds good. (2)

Comment

Originally posted by Humpty Dumpty View Post
                                @wasser:

I have a question about 'hdmi virtual switch'. This tool writes '0' into /sys/class/switch/hdmi/state and it works with your custom firmware. But the file has no write permissions in the stock firmware. I tried to change this and I add following line in init.rc: chmod 0666 /sys/class/switch/hdmi/state. But it dont work. After a reboot the edited line is dismissed in init.rc and /sys/class/switch/hdmi/state has no write permissions. So 'hdmi virtual switch' cant write '0'. If I manually change the right permissions then it works. Could you please help me to solve the problem ? Thanks!
                                You don't need this tool in my fw. In my fw you can change it in build.prop

Comment

Working...
                                X