Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update-kernel-fix-2.0.4.zip

Hi all

i upload the update-kernel-fix-2.0.4.zip which now fixes the kernel crash (when running youtube or similar app). This update will improve the stability of the system.

You have to update it per recovery mode.

Please report the results, thanks

Enjoy
    Wasser
    http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Thanks for the update, but unfortunately for me it fails at "update kernel..." with

"E:Error in /mnt/external_sd/update-kernel-fix-2.0.4.zip"
      (Staus 0)
      Installation aborted.

I've tried re-downloading, re-copying and installing in recovery a few times.

Also, is there a trick to getting fastboot working when rebooting to fastboot mode?
      I've followed this guide: http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/74...fastboot-qtadb and several others.

lsusb on my Linux box returns my device (after booting into fastboot mode):

Bus 002 Device 011: ID 2207:320a (there is no manufacturer info)

"adb devices" returns nothing and the fastboot commands don't show anything either.

Comment

I also got the error when trying to apply "update-kernel-fix-2.0.4.zip" from an external microsd card.
        "E: Errr in /mnt/exteral_sd/update-kernel-fix-2.0.4.zip"
        (Status 0)
        Instllaion aborted.

Comment

Anyone uses an airmouse with this rom? If yes, which one and does it work well?

Does the Mele F10 deluxe work well with this rom?
          Thinking of buying one.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by duckymcse View Post
            I also got the error when trying to apply "update-kernel-fix-2.0.4.zip" from an external microsd card.
            (Status 0)
            Instllaion aborted.
            extract update-kernel-fix-2.0.4.zip
            get kernel.img and resouce img
            use rk3288 AndroidTool.exe to update with pc

it can also update resource-ddr700-gpu600-beelink-r89-wasser.img with this method
            antutu score

Wasser Firmware V2.0.4 bring the best 4K video playback for R89 until now
            But it is not perfect for 4k 60FPS high Mbps video and I also hope next version.

Great job Wasser!!!

Comment

How do you flash just the kernel.img and resource.img with AndroidTool 2.3?

Originally posted by shakebaby View Post
              extract update-kernel-fix-2.0.4.zip
              get kernel.img and resouce img
              use rk3288 AndroidTool.exe to update with pc

it can also update resource-ddr700-gpu600-beelink-r89-wasser.img with this method
              antutu score

Great job Wasser!!!

Comment

Flash kernel & resource.img from within Android.

@duckymcse. Why bother with Windows PC when you can write these images directly from rooted Android BOX.

Take 1:
                Steps:
                1. Install "Tincore QuickFlasher" from Google Play Store.
                2. Downloaded kernel update ZIP archive.
                3. Rename downloaded file to something which ends with "_quickflasher.zip" (i.e. kernel_upd_quickflasher.zip).
                4. Move this file to /sdcard/quickflasher directory.
                5. Run Tincore QuickFlasher.
                6. Select Device as "RockChip Universal".
                7. Select Package with name you chosen is step 2.
                8. Confirm destruction of your device .

I personaly preffer do do this by hand but this will demand physical keyboard.
                Take 2:
                Steps:
                1. If you don't have terminal application install Terminal Emulator from Google Play Store.
                2. Download updated kernel and resource ZIP archive.
                3. Extract kernel.img and resource.img from update-kernel-fix-2.0.4.zip with ES File Explorer Archiver to some known location . i.e /sdcard/Download/kernel_upd/
                4. Open Terminal Emulator and enter super user permissions: su.
                5. Change current directory to where you have unpacked kernel.img and resource.img files. If you followed this tutorial it should be:
                cd /sdcard/Download/kernel_upd
                6. Write these files to corresponding partition on your intarnal flash memory:
                dd if=kernel.img of=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/kernel
                dd if=resource.img of=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/resource
                RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by duckymcse View Post
                  (Status 0)
                  Instllaion aborted.
                  there's a bug in update-binary which caused the above issue.
                  i have uploaded new update-kernel-fix-2.0.4.zip which should work now. Please download the file and update it again

Please don't forget to reports the result. Thanks

Wasser

Comment

update file now works but tinycam monitor pro still causes reboot when in multi video display. when i chose to display only one video it is fine

Comment

Originally posted by d4nny82 View Post
                      update file now works but tinycam monitor pro still causes reboot when in multi video display. when i chose to display only one video it is fine

strange, i have tested tinycam monitor free, it works fine for me in multi video display. it doesn't crash.

Wasser

Comment

i reinstall your rom and apply the update just to be sure but its still crash.

Comment

Hi Wasser,
                          are the microstutter fix a part of your new firmware?

Originally posted by vanzylst View Post
                          Good news people, I've found a software-only fix/workaround to the micro stutter problem

Just put the following in your init.d config file (or you can run it from the command line):
                          Code:
                          /system/bin/iptables -F bw_INPUT
                          /system/bin/iptables -F bw_OUTPUT
                          Now you can just use the internal Ethernet as you would normally, and you don't have to plug in a USB adapter.

The culprit seems to be the following iptables rules:
                          Code:
                          Chain bw_INPUT (1 references)
                           pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
                          3162K   12G            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            ! quota globalAlert: 2097152 bytes
                          7279K   57G            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            owner socket exists

Chain bw_OUTPUT (1 references)
                           pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
                          1809K  113M            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            ! quota globalAlert: 2097152 bytes
                          5369K  389M            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            owner socket exists
                          It looks like these rules are used by Android for some sort of bandwidth management (BandwidthController), but it's implemented in a way that hangs the system for a short period of time when it's doing its bandwidth management.

So just delete those rules and voilĂ ! Micro stutters gone...

Hope this works for you as well, let me know.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by d4nny82 View Post
                            i reinstall your rom and apply the update just to be sure but its still crash.
                            i uploaded 2.0.4a which fixes the reqgressions. Please download 2.0.4a and flash it again.
                            Question, does this issue appear in 2.0.3?

Wasser

Comment

oc kernel

hi, are the oc kernels updated too?

Comment

Working...
                              X