Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catadarius View Post
    It is an light OC. I use leolas rom from 2 weeks now, without problem.

Now, i want to know if they work or not. I think your rom + OC kernel is the best combination.

i will build some OC kernels for my FW at the weekend.

Wasser
    http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
      That issue was reported but as it seems not everyone is affected by it. Maybe it is connected to hardware revision (not only PCB). What even stranger is that the first person who encountered it now says that after second firmware update this issue is gone (with the wind). I'm just preprering to undergo such procedure myself. I will report back how it went but probably not today.
      it's strange, i cannot reproduce this issue

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by ls2000 View Post
        hi ,wasser .i'd like to ask how can it hide the status bar automatically when starup.thank you !
        it's feature which i will add in next firmware release.

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by furryhamster View Post
          Installed it an hour ago.
          My mkv files with 1080p and ac3 dont work with your firmware and your modded kodi. At first i got some realy loud crazy sounds out of my boxes. After a restart, my receiver recognizes a dolby signal but it stutters that much that i dont understand anything (PT on). Skipping forward 10 minutes takes round about 15-20 seconds.

Another problem is that the device read (or write?) from my usb device all the time without break even in the main menu but this is like in the original firmware.

i don't have the hardware to test DTS passthrough stuff. Can someone else reproduce this issue?

please test an report if passthrough DTS works

Thanks,
          Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
            Dear wasser,
            I'm glad to see your magic appearance with your first piece of art ROM for 3288 based device.
            All people here in freaktab have been missing you so much for about three months.
            Are you going to bring a piece of happiness for well-known Hotac made boards too?
            You probably know that these
            HTC-T031-V0.2(1.0) and HTC_T032_V1.2 boards with AP6330 onboard,
            are inside the huge pile of another branded devices like CS918II, CS928, MK902II, Bluetimes QPRO BOX, Cloudnetgo CR12, Measy B4S, Ugoos UG-CS968S, Ugoos UG-T032B, CS968II, etc.
            If you are going to, please let me know and I would be glad to take one of the tickets to your tester's crew like it was with 3188.
            Kind regards from 4PDA russian speaking grateful community
            Hi Digger,

it's very hard or impossible to make FW for device which i don't have.

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post

Wasser
              Would like to know your results. Got my Firefly recently and wanting to push that 2.0 limit. Have installed heat sink and fan (board actually set up for a fan).

---cappybob

Comment

hdmi cec not work please add suspend mode and hdmi cec like a MXIII on Amlogic!

Comment

How to set HDMI CEC?

Can you please explain me how to activate/turn on HDMI CEC?
                  Does it require some special device connected or additional programs to be installed?
                  In the past I had raspberryPi and hdmi cec worked like a charm without any trick.
                  Is there any step-by-step tutorial for HDMI CEC on this device?

Comment

R: NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.0 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

Wasser
                    Great news wasser.... we will waiting for the OC kernel.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by polas View Post
                      Can you please explain me how to activate/turn on HDMI CEC?
                      Does it require some special device connected or additional programs to be installed?
                      In the past I had raspberryPi and hdmi cec worked like a charm without any trick.
                      Is there any step-by-step tutorial for HDMI CEC on this device?
                      in Amlogic device easy activate HDMI CEC in setting and work suspend mode end power off/on with TV , with RK3288 not work and not settings for this

Comment

R: NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.0 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

Wasser
                        Great news wasser.... we will waiting for the OC kernel.

Thanks again

Comment

Why Amlogic S802 is gaining more points in Antutu and Antutu Video Test than RK3288 ??
                          Amlogiс MXIII 1G - Antutu 39890 !!! Antutu VideoTest 620 Video very smooth
                          RK3288 UBOX R89 - Antutu 37120 Antutu VideoTest 314 Video not very smooth
                          I have two devices and do not know what to choose While Amlogic best around except wifi !

Comment

HTC boards support

I have just flashed my CS918II with this newest ROM.
                            At first for people who don't understand why I'm doing here with this another device, I can tell that there isn't any difference what modification of 3288 based device we have in our hands for firmware testing. There are two main distinguishes among such a wide range of devices, that will influence on wifi/BT and stock IR remote support only. The rest 3288 based hardware configuration is similar and if even not to say the same.

I've installed my standard package of applications which my all another rockchip devices have.
                            UI is perfect and fast, one internal memory partition and five available USB storage in settings are excellent too.
                            Internet speed test shows me about 1Gbps for DL and ...ZERO for UL for Ethernet.
                            When I use 100Mb port it properly shows approximately 100 DL/UL.
                            I tried to play my test 1080p movies and inspite of flawless enough image I have to confirm sadly that I experienced HW decoding sound issues too.
                            HW decoding:
                            Both stock and MX player don't produce any HDMI TV sound with the Defaul Output.
                            Both stock and MX player produce HDMI TV sound with the HDMI Bitstream(w/o ability to change volume of course) but downmixed DD AC-3 sound tracs only, DTS and TrueHD doesn't do at all (I've custom MX codec installed).
                            MX Player produces 5.1 DD AC-3 sound via SPDIF but not DTS with Spdif Passthrough.
                            HW+ decoding:
                            MX player produces all (DD AC-3, DTS and TrueHD) downmixed HDMI sounds with the Defaul Output.
                            MX player produces all kinds of sounds (DD AC-3, DTS and TrueHD) via SPDIF with Spdif Passthrough as LPCM Stereo.
                            MX player produces all (DD AC-3, DTS and TrueHD) downmixed HDMI sounds with the HDMI Bitstream(w/o ability to change volume).

Two my Samsung TVs and MX Player Pro V1.7.31 with custom codec for DTS were used for this test.

It is definitely something wrong with the ffmpeg because with my stock FW I didn't meet this kind of issues.

And Dear wasser,
                            Concerning the kernel+boot+resource images pack for two HTC boards, I'm not able to insist on it by any way, but I can test them so fast as you want with my device(HTC_T031_V1.0) and my friends can do the same with HTC_T032_V1.2.
                            You know it is required to add AP6330 driver support into the kernel and making tiny adjustments in rk-kernel.dtb.
                            Thanks and I hope it helps.
                            CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                            CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                            K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

I have here a short HEVC H.265 file which I couldn't play on any of my desktops/laptops ; I gave it a try today with wasser's firmware on a R28 and mxplayer using hw+ decoding and it plays perfectly smooth to my surprise ! no other player like stock or any xbmc version can play it, only mxplayer with custom codec pack, I wonder why ... ?!

http://cloud.ultrahdtv.net/hollywood-makeover-8000.mkv

please someone test it and report back if you happen to find the solution to play the file in xbmc, thanks

Comment

What launcher is used in the wasser rom?

Comment

Working...
                                X