Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paradoxman View Post
    I have here a short HEVC H.265 file which I couldn't play on any of my desktops/laptops ; I gave it a try today with wasser's firmware on a R28 and mxplayer using hw+ decoding and it plays perfectly smooth to my surprise ! no other player like stock or any xbmc version can play it, only mxplayer with custom codec pack, I wonder why ... ?!

http://cloud.ultrahdtv.net/hollywood-makeover-8000.mkv

please someone test it and report back if you happen to find the solution to play the file in xbmc, thanks

I just played the file on my R28 using SPMC 13.3.4 beta 1 and it's flawless with just a little audio sync that can be corrected by changing the offset.

On your desktop/laptop, you may be able to play it using this version of VLC

https://github.com/strukturag/vlc-2.1/releases/tag/2.1.4-libde265-4
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by TitoXx View Post
      What launcher is used in the wasser rom?
      It's Launcher 3 but works for me with Nova and Solo Launchers too.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Thanks for the rom wasser! Must say it's blazing fast. I really like the custom shutdown dialog and the hardware keyboard support. Wifi is also very good.

The XBMC passthrough(HDMI) still have some problems. When I try to play a movie with DD or DTS the movie and audio is stuttering, also the audio is a bit out of sync. Have tried both Wasser Kodi, Kodi RC2 and SPMC 13.3.4b. We are heading in the right direction though. PT is recognized by the receiver now, but just has to be optimized.

Comment

Maybe the question is stupid, but how I install this firmware?

I just put the zip on the sd card and install it from the recovery mode?

Comment

It is realy noob question but because I done this twice today that's why I will answer.
            You must use your Windows PC and:
            1. Download Release_DriverAssitant.zip and AndroidTool_Release_v2.3.zip from there then unpack these archives to known location.
            2. Run Drive Assitant and update your drivers and preferably reboot once.
            3. Connect your Beelink R89 to your PC with USB <-> micro USB cable (OTG).
            4. Take your R89 box into Loader mode as described in before mentioned thread.
            5. Run AndroidTool and choose "Upgrade Firmware".
            6. Click "Firmware" button and point to unziped firmware image file (*.img).
            7. Click "Upgrade" button and wait patiently.

After this procedure do not power off the Android TV box for few more minutes because it will reboot and make some one time preparation.

Then you can explore your new toy
            But do not expect that second time upgrading the same firmware file will change anything for better or worse . At least it didn't help with my "colorful pixel" HW video decode problem and micro stattering whole system .
            Last edited by Gormar; 12-09-2014, 21:45. Reason: Wrong hyperlink
            RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
            Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
            bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

wasser firmware 2.0.1 release

Hi folks

wasser firmware 2.0.1 is released, Please take a look at the first post to get more infos.

Have fun!

Wasser
              http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                It is realy noob question but because I done this twice today that's why I will answer.
                You must use your Windows PC and:
                1. Download Release_DriverAssitant.zip and AndroidTool_Release_v2.3.zip from there then unpack these archives to known location.
                2. Run Drive Assitant and update your drivers and preferably reboot once.
                3. Connect your Beelink R89 to your PC with USB <-> micro USB cable (OTG).
                4. Take your R89 box into Loader mode as described in before mentioned thread.
                5. Run AndroidTool and choose "Upgrade Firmware".
                6. Click "Firmware" button and point to unziped firmware image file (*.img).
                7. Click "Upgrade" button and wait patiently.

After this procedure do not power off the Android TV box for few more minutes because it will reboot and make some one time preparation.

But do not expect that second time upgrading the same firmware file will change anything for better or worse . At least it didn't help with my "colorful pixel" HW video decode problem and micro stattering whole system .
                Thank you very much for the detail installation guide

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                  This issue should be fixed in 2.0.1. Please test and report!

thanks

Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock View Post
                    Wasser's ROM is a great rom , yet there is one major issue (at least for me) ; h/w decoding for videos in mx player for instance is a must (DTS/DOLBY audio), but sadly , this rom can't play videos if h/w decoded... it can play such videos if s/w or h/w+ is chosen , which can only do (PCM) , no dts/dolby audio... i truly hope that such an issue can be addressed...
                    it's fixed in 2.0.1. Please update and report the results.

Thanks
                    Wasser

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                      Nice job Wasser!

Wasser, do you know tips / a way to fake hdmi flag to off ? it will be great to play some live tv app like bein sport

Anyway thanks for your time.

it's fixed in 2.0.1. hdmi flag is off by default in 2.0.1. Please update and report the results.

Thanks
                      Wasser

Comment

please add hdmi-cec and suspend mode like a MXIII , MK902.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                          it's fixed in 2.0.1. hdmi flag is off by default in 2.0.1. Please update and report the results.

Thanks
                          Wasser
                          Wasser! AWESOME! Thx mister. I flash now!

Comment

proving once again that you are simply the best.....

Comment

CAMERA SUPPORT

HI, I AM THINKING OF FLASHING THIS ROM. ONE QUESTION. DOES IT HAVE BETTER CAMERA SUPPORT THAN FINLESS 1.2 AND STOCK ROM. I HAVE TWO LOGITECH CAMERAS (C270, C525) AND BOTH HAVE PROBLEM WITH SKYPE. MY MK908II AND CS918 WORK GREAT WITH BOTH CAMERAS. THE R89 SOMETIME IT REBOOTS AND SOME TIMES THE CAMERA CAN'T TURN ON. IN ALL CASES I HAVE A USB HUB EXTERNAL POWERED. ANYBODY TRIED CAMERA WITH THIS ROM?

Comment

Is there any way to install this rom using a micro SD card? Sometimes I can get my Ubox R89 8 gig version to connect with the Android tool, and other times it won't connect. I tried yesterday for hours to get my box to connect, but no go. I think my box has a mind of it's own and refused to let me update a new rom.

thanks
                                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X