No announcement yet.

Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasser, What do you need from me to fix this compatibility issue?

Originally posted by Xinot View Post
    I have searched high and low but have not found help to my issue with hbo nordic. First it said can not run in rooted device, and with modified hbo apk its now working but without video. Sound and text works ok, but screen stays black (seek bar etc. works ok). Is there any way to fix this?
    Orion meta + Wasser v2.0.4a
    I'm convinced that it doesn't have anything to do with the RK3288 being rooted, or DRM. I can play Xfinity Tv Go and WatchESPN (most popular streaming TV apps in N. America) on rooted amlogic M8 (tomato) without any problems. I can ALSO, however, watch them on the RK3288 for varied lengths of time (sometimes for an hour, sometimes 30-45 minutes, sometimes only 1 minute) but then they randomly crash with an Error Code.

It has to be an RK3288 compatibility/software issue. I would be happy to send you the logs, Wasser, if you have the time. Why would the TV Go apps run/stream for 45 minutes (sometimes) and then crash?
    Tronsmart Orion R28 Meta. Wasser Lollipop Beta 5 (very stable). Video Out: 60" 1080p LG Plasma TV-HDMI 1.3. Audio Out: Default (stable). Remote In: TaoTronics TT-MK005 Air keyboard/mouse (keys repeating). Apps: Kodi (stable), Plex (stable), WatchESPN (Stable), Amazon (Stable).

Comment

Overclock

Great rom's and overclock kernels.

Same problem with HDMI sound in 2.0.4a.
      Inside kodi to settings->system->audio output (in expert mode), if i enable pass-through then i have no sound from HDMI and only SPDIF works, while with the previous version 2.0.3 everything was fine.

Can you make also if possible a kernel that has cpu 2000 ddr 600 and gpu 600?
      If not can you advice me where to change the ddr settings and drop it from 700 to 600?

Comment

Wasser his uses the spdif passthrough method.

But at the moment Ac Ryan is pretty far with the passthrough on hdmi.

I will use this passthrough hacks also for my Veolo 4k Custom Roms

And some smart programmers here can probaly port the fix to other players

I can not share the program code but here are the results so far

So things are looking good for the future.

As soon as my Custom rom is done i will post it here on the forum to share.
        Should also be able to be flashed on other rk3288 players i guess.

Audio Type/ Video Player
        RK Video
        MX Player
        SPMC 13.4.0
        Kodi (Enable Digital Transcoding)
        Kodi (Disable Digital Transcoding)
        Pre-installed XBMC (Enable Digital Transcoding)
        Pre-installed XBMC (Disable Digital Transcoding)
        DTS 5.1
        Dolby 5.1
        PCM
        X
        PCM
        DTS 96_24
        Dolby 5.1
        PCM
        X
        PCM
        DTS ES
        X
        PCM
        X
        PCM
        DTS HD-HR
        DTS 5.1
        DTS 5.1
        DTS 5.1
        X
        PCM
        X
        PCM
        DTS HD-MA
        X
        X
        DTS 5.1
        X
        PCM
        X
        PCM
        Dolby Digital 5.1
        X
        PCM
        X
        PCM
        Dolby Digital EX
        Dolby 5.1
        PCM
        Dolby 5.1
        PCM
        Dolby Digital+ 7.1
        PCM
        Dolby 5.1/ PCM
        X
        PCM
        X
        PCM
        TrueHD 5.1
        X/ Dolby 5.1
        PCM
        Dolby 5.1/ PCM
        X
        PCM
        X
        PCM
        TrueHD 7.1
        X/ Dolby 5.1
        X/ Dolby 5.1
        Dolby 5.1/ PCM
        Dolby 5.1
        PCM
        X
        X
        Dolby ATMOS
        X
        PCM
        Dolby 5.1/ PCM

My players,

Ac Ryan Veolo 2
        Ac Ryan Veolo 4K
        Ac Ryan Playon!HD2
        Ac Ryan Playon!HD3

Comment

Originally posted by kraakie View Post
          Wasser his uses the spdif passthrough method.

But at the moment Ac Ryan is pretty far with the passthrough on hdmi.

I will use this passthrough hacks also for my Veolo 4k Custom Roms

And some smart programmers here can probaly port the fix to other players

I can not share the program code but here are the results so far

So things are looking good for the future.

As soon as my Custom rom is done i will post it here on the forum to share.
          Should also be able to be flashed on other rk3288 players i guess.

Audio Type/ Video Player
          RK Video
          MX Player
          SPMC 13.4.0
          Kodi (Enable Digital Transcoding)
          Kodi (Disable Digital Transcoding)
          Pre-installed XBMC (Enable Digital Transcoding)
          Pre-installed XBMC (Disable Digital Transcoding)
          DTS 5.1
          Dolby 5.1
          PCM
          X
          PCM
          DTS 96_24
          Dolby 5.1
          PCM
          X
          PCM
          DTS ES
          X
          PCM
          X
          PCM
          DTS HD-HR
          DTS 5.1
          DTS 5.1
          DTS 5.1
          X
          PCM
          X
          PCM
          DTS HD-MA
          X
          X
          DTS 5.1
          X
          PCM
          X
          PCM
          Dolby Digital 5.1
          X
          PCM
          X
          PCM
          Dolby Digital EX
          Dolby 5.1
          PCM
          Dolby 5.1
          PCM
          Dolby Digital+ 7.1
          PCM
          Dolby 5.1/ PCM
          X
          PCM
          X
          PCM
          TrueHD 5.1
          X/ Dolby 5.1
          PCM
          Dolby 5.1/ PCM
          X
          PCM
          X
          PCM
          TrueHD 7.1
          X/ Dolby 5.1
          X/ Dolby 5.1
          Dolby 5.1/ PCM
          Dolby 5.1
          PCM
          X
          X
          Dolby ATMOS
          X
          PCM
          Dolby 5.1/ PCM

Will it be possible to use it with plex also?
          Beelink R89
          Pioneer SC-2022
          Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
          Minix X8-H
          Minix X5
          Logitech Revue

Comment

Is that a player Plex ?
            My players,

Ac Ryan Veolo 2
            Ac Ryan Veolo 4K
            Ac Ryan Playon!HD2
            Ac Ryan Playon!HD3

Comment

Originally posted by kraakie View Post
              Is that a player Plex ?
              Yes, pretty big. Working on lots of devices.
              Enjoy all of your entertainment, no matter where it lives, plus 50,000+ free titles from us.
              Beelink R89
              Pioneer SC-2022
              Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
              Minix X8-H
              Minix X5
              Logitech Revue

Comment

I am not sure if that will work guess you have to try
                My players,

Ac Ryan Veolo 2
                Ac Ryan Veolo 4K
                Ac Ryan Playon!HD2
                Ac Ryan Playon!HD3

Comment

Cool, will wait
                  Beelink R89
                  Pioneer SC-2022
                  Samsung 55" LED 2012

Previous:
                  Minix X8-H
                  Minix X5
                  Logitech Revue

Comment

Please help, I purchased this Beelink R89 about 3 weeks ago. Currently running Wasser V2.0.3, Wasser-Kodi 1.0 & SPMC-v7a_14.1.0_beta1. I must confess I'm getting discouraged, I'm about ready to give up on this device and just purchase a PC. I was very excited with the idea of running these Android boxes but now i'm just not sure if it's worth the hassle. If the software was stable I think this box would be great.

Set up:
                    I have a Projector and LED TV but it is either/or (only one is in use at any time).
                    The R89 is connected via standard 6ft HDMI to Audio Video Receiver which handles all HDMI switching, AVR is a Pioneer Elite VSX-21THX, Projector is BenQ W1070 on 150" screen (via Monoprice HDMI 40ft RedMere cable from AVR). TV is ViZIO 70"LED (via standard 9FT HDMI cable from ARV)

Over all I'm satisfied with the quality of video and sound playback when it works; however, there is no consistency, I'm getting tired of glitchy/micro freeze playback, random crashes, having to restart and no sound/no 5.1. Using SPMC I have to turn off and on the enable pass-through every time I start a video to get sound back. The problem happens after the HDMI handshake with my projector to reset the resolution/refresh rate of each video, this isn't a problem using Kodi-wasser. SPMC seems to have slightly better playback and fast forward works, but I'm still having crashing and freezing issues (not sure if this will be better on V2.0.4a as I had no sound and reverted back to V2.0.3).

Another issue I have with the R89 is I currently have 2 portable USB drives (1TB & 2TB) for storage. If I have 2 drives plugged into each of the side USB ports, my drives must not have enough power to function as they make noise and the LEDS flash. I assume the R89 power supply can't run more than one drive at time. I think this would be fixed by running external drives with their own power supply, Which I plan on purchasing a 4TB of anyway. Not a big deal but right now I have to plug in which ever drive I want to use instead of just leaving them attached.

It's getting embarrassing when friends are over to watch movies and this thing keeps crashing "Oh let me just restart this one more time". My question is do I abandon the R89 and the Android boxes? Am I going to have the same issues running Kodi on a PC? My understanding is that Kodi support is primarily for PC and its being adapted to run on Android. I need some words of encouragement, a new ROM, something, or does anyone want to buy a cheap R89?

Comment

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-for-R28-combo + SPMC 14 beta = Perfec

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                        sadly i cannot reproduce this sound issue, it works for me. What is your sound setting?
                        Please try to set the "Sound output devices" to "Default Output" in Settings->Sound and restart your box and check if sound works for you.

Do you have any USB device, which has embeded sound, connected on your android box?
                        If yes, please remove it and restart your box, check sound again if it works

Just Info, i don't use PT, only connect the R89 to HDMI input on LCDTV.

Wasser
                        Hey Wasser, I`ve just received my R28 Orion Meta...first thing I did was install your latest rom.

As I expected...there was no sound across the board. I did manage to fix it... First I tried playing with the sound settings in Android...going from default to bitstream and back to default.

Still no sound...So I decided to reboot. Again no sound...but I did notice that the volume was muted when I accidentally hit the volume button on my k400 keyboard.

Sound works on 2.04a now. I`ve hooked it up to different televisions and I still get sound.

Great rom...

I hope it works for others as well.

Any ideas how to get the remote working for the r28? or is that on the to-do list?

Thanks again for this rom.

Comment

NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.5 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

Hi all,

wasser firmware v2.0.5 is released, For more infos please take a look at the first post.
                          feedback is very important, please report the results. thanks!

Have fun!

Wasser
                          http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Cláp, Cláp, Cláp..........

Thanks Wasser

Comment

Hi Wasser,

I'm still very interested in trying to "port" your Rom to CX-998 (AP6330) and of course giving feedback...
                              I only need a little help :-)
                              If it's simple like replacing "kernel.img"

I can manage with AndroidTool...CX-998 forum is a little poor, maybe we can add some stuff for the communauty :-)

Thanks for your help

Comment

Playback is so much smoother on the R28 with 2.05. That slight chopiness at the start of 1080p videos is gone. Much smoother overall...antutu scores 38 100.

So far so good.

If we can figure out how to get bluetooth and remotes working, that would be the icing on the cake.

Comment

Working...
                                X