Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Hour Chameleon ROM for R89 ?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could modify the original Open Hour Chameleon firmware to work with our R89 devices ? I tried the vanilla rom and the remote doesn't work and there are also issues with
    automatic lowering volume and random hdmi refreshing.

Would be great if we could use that firmware

Thanks!

See this link:

Comment

wow! thank you! too bad it's in russian, but what do we have google translate for?

Comment

Firmware v1.01 is installed using AndroidTool 2.3. On Beelink r89 works without problems. TWRP - RK3288_TWRP_1080p.exe

Comment

Originally posted by gun-fan View Post
          Firmware v1.01 is installed using AndroidTool 2.3. On Beelink r89 works without problems. TWRP - RK3288_TWRP_1080p.exe
          Thank you sooo much gun-fan!

I have made a backup of the 1.01 (made by hisound) based on Open Hour Chameleon 1.0.24 in case if someone would need it later :

https://mega.co.nz/#!3h9gGJLT!bP2Ily...2ug7QG4u0gQFb0

Kernel and Resource files needed for the R89 remote :

https://mega.co.nz/#!SkFyGaxJ!_IhbQw...ob0Lt0I8nhxue0

Parameters for different partition sizes :

https://mega.co.nz/#!jxdzyTKT!R_GAj7...tedB-DuQ88xyPw

And a backup for the TWRP posted by gun-man above :

https://mega.co.nz/#!vo11URzQ!5VfTfL...X69Ap6nlOYtRiI

Google translated changelogs

1. Stable work WI-FI.
          2. Fix does not work Bluetooth.
          3. Fixed the functionality of the hardware and soft-power button.
          4. Fixed shutters upper bar.
          5. Support for the new console Tronsmart (if you Beelink, it will work all the buttons except power).
          6. Governor performance default 1800 MHz (software for controlling the CPU are not necessary).
          7. Stable operation stock video player (up to 4K, do not forget about framerate sync check for smooth playback).
          8. Added support init.d.
          9. Integrated ROOT.
          10. Updated some libraries.
          11. integrate the script - the removal of rules governing the network bandwidth, cache RAM mount (to activate the browser go to the directory init.d and set rights for files and tv1 tv2 755 letter P, restart and monitor execution of scripts by the presence of files in the / data / OK_init.txt and /data/OK_init1.txt).
          12. Added the ability to change the size of the system partition 2, 4, 6, 8Gb (folder parameter).
          13. Russian language by default.
          14. It is not harmful preinstalled software.
          15. It is possible to replace the kernel and resource for the proper functioning remote Beelink (folder R89).
          1. Fixed synchronize your calendar and contacts.
          2. Added support for a physical keyboard.
          3. Fixed not right off the menu display, call menu by holding down the front edge.
          Version 1.02 by hisound

Tronsmart R28 version : https://mega.co.nz/#!WtV3kQCJ!CBjbCH...S3LIRmQwWx6PIs

Beelink R89 version : https://mega.co.nz/#!b5kyEQqA!8ipWqL...TLhWmJgYMBc-t0

1800Mhz Resource for 1.02 : https://mega.co.nz/#!jxcHiCqA!ZzFg9K...OvIGXgiX2aLyec

1. Fixed the lack of multi-channel audio output for HDMI bitstream katabatic player RK (if you get the noise output remove the check mark on the framerate sync).
          2. Change the maximum frequency of the Governor to the optimum perfomance 1008 MHz (overheating will not happen under any circumstances).
          3. Fixed minor bugs.
          4. Improved smooth images without framerate sync.
          5. Added resource1800.img for those wishing to get the maximum frequency of 1800
          Last edited by newkind; 05-16-2015, 09:19.

Comment

Good! Thanks hisound for this Open Hour Chameleon firmware modification.

Comment

hisound made a new version of the OHC_mod 1.02. I have not tested it yet.

Comment

1.01 is very stable for me and I love it! Do you know if there's a possibility of upgrading to 1.02 without loosing any data ?

Comment

Is this working on the U-BOX ?

Comment

Originally posted by willlagreen View Post
                    Is this working on the U-BOX ?
                    IMHO, this firmware installed without problems. The Beelink R89, Tronsmart R28 and U-BOX hardware are identical. Try to compare specifications. Before mod installation, make TWRP backup.

Comment

Originally posted by newkind View Post
                      1.01 is very stable for me and I love it! Do you know if there's a possibility of upgrading to 1.02 without loosing any data ?
                      hisound writes that it is possible, install a new resource.img and system.img will be enough. See the original link

Comment

Great to hear that! The only issue is that I need a modified resource.img (from version 1.00) in order to get my R89 remote working. He would have to provide the modified version just like for version 1.00

Can you ask him about that and say thank you from me ?

Comment

Originally posted by newkind View Post
                          Great to hear that! The only issue is that I need a modified resource.img (from version 1.00) in order to get my R89 remote working. He would have to provide the modified version just like for version 1.00
                          Can you ask him about that and say thank you from me ?
                          I ask your question for hisound and report the results here.

Comment

The only issue is that I need a modified resource.img (from version 1.00) in order to get my R89 remote working. He would have to provide the modified version just like for version 1.00

Originally posted by gun-fan View Post

I ask your question for hisound and report the results here.
                            hisound replied: "Yes it is possible, I will gather the full image lay a little later as the need to test some things." See link

Comment

The 1.02 version is not with hd audio support yet, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X