Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally we got some patches from RK for the micro-stutter and HDMI Audio problem,but we want more videos to verify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gffmac View Post
    Try this file I tend to use for testing, it gives me a few glitches usually. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mkv%20test.rar
    Hello,

I tested this file on my R28 with this ROM, but I cannot see any micro stutter.
    either I'm too old or its nano stutter.

I watch this demo on a acer pc-monitor with 1920x1080 60Hz (local and over lan-connection)
    with MX Player and Kodi 15 RC2.

Comment

I ran it on my R28 Meta, not expecting it to be completely compatible due to it being for the R89 and in general I found it to be fine.

Running the Avatar 1080p demo from Youtube at 720p there is very slight micro stutter when there is side to side panning but I am being super picky there.

MX Player plays all my test videos as well as it has done before.

Ran the video files through Kodi 15 RC2 and SPMC and 15.0 beta1 and found that performance was essentially the same as I see in my current ROM (HPH RK3288 ROM v1.6 by mo123 with OHC OC kernel and resource)

One file that I have never see play perfectly all the way through is 4K-Chimei-inn-60mbps (http://box.houkouonchi.jp/4k/)

Don't use HDMI passthrough as I use SPDIF, so can't comment on that.

Would I be happy to use this ROM in general?

I think so at the moment.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Oman look here may that Help :-)

RK3188 kernel source (unofficial), modified to parameterize hardware settings and clock speeds - phjanderson/Kernel-3188

This is the fix for the RK3188 vsync problem i think the same on rk3288

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

One file that I have never see play perfectly all the way through is 4K-Chimei-inn-60mbps (http://box.houkouonchi.jp/4k/)
          I tried to play that file in SPMC and I saw micro-stutters for the first time.
          Got several dropped frames.
          It happened when the camera angle zoomed around the plate.

Then I test the video again with my modified ROM and new kernel and
          all the stutters are gone if I use H/W+ in MXPlayer, perfect playback.
          In SPMC video playback is also much better but still get 3 dropped frames from information - pressing 'o'
          Zooming around the plate is now smooth and video is totally watchable.

Will do some more tests with different settings and see if I can find something that triggers the stutters.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I tried to play that file in SPMC and I saw micro-stutters for the first time.
            Got several dropped frames.
            It happened when the camera angle zoomed around the plate.

Then I test the video again with my modified ROM and new kernel and
            all the stutters are gone if I use H/W+ in MXPlayer, perfect playback.
            In SPMC video playback is also much better but still get 3 dropped frames from information - pressing 'o'
            Zooming around the plate is now smooth and video is totally watchable.

Will do some more tests with different settings and see if I can find something that triggers the stutters.

That replicates exactly what I get on very single ROM and player that I have tried.

Not tried with HW+ in MX Player but will check on this ROM.

With your HPH RK3288 ROM v1.6 with OHC OC kernel and resource it comes very close to being perfect.

Comment

Thanks for all your feedback..

I read from http://forum.openhourlab.com/showthread.php?tid=971

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Enable frame rate sync could cause audio lost when start playback.
              - 23.976fps playback in 1080P24 have micro-stuttering issue.
              - SPMC HD Audio support require Koying to enable that in SPMC. We are in communication between Rockchip and Koying for this matter.
              - Audio out of sync slightly after seeking/switching in BDISO/BDMV for DTS-HD MA only. Already feedback this issue to Rockchip.

so the '23.976fps playback in 1080P24 have micro-stuttering issue.' is the big problem?

But I tested several 23.976fps of videos in 1080P24Hz, didnt find any obvious stuttering.

Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by heiko123 View Post

Hello,

I tested this file on my R28 with this ROM, but I cannot see any micro stutter.
                either I'm too old or its nano stutter.

I watch this demo on a acer pc-monitor with 1920x1080 60Hz (local and over lan-connection)
                with MX Player and Kodi 15 RC2.

It seems I am an old oman ....I didnt see any obvious stutter either.
                Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post

It seems I am an old oman ....I didnt see any obvious stutter either.

Hi

With normal firmware with MXPlayer(enable H/W+ in settings) & SPMC 15 Beta 2 I had stuttering with this video.
                  http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/pub...&id=Za7c7uitXV - SPMC
                  4K-Chimei-inn-60mbps (http://box.houkouonchi.jp/4k/)

But after applying your stutter patch & vsync patch it has no stuttering in SPMC(but part of video where camera is moving around plate, it is still a bit slow and 3 dropped frames but much better then previously)
                  Can press 'o' on keyboard to see video playback information(resolution,bitrate,codec,framerate,dro pped frames, skipped frames etc.)
                  With MXPlayer H/W+ ,no problems.
                  Also try overclock for DDR/GPU for 4K playback.
                  Would be interesting to find out if overclock can make 4k high-bitrate 23.976 videos play better or if it's more codecs/vpu not optimized enough.

With 1080p 23.976 video, no stuttering even without patch.
                  But 4K 23.976 high-bitrate had stuttering without patch and overclock.

Comment

Hi Mo123:

Thanks for your feedback.

Quick question:

Why openhourlab said this '23.976fps playback in 1080P24 have micro-stuttering issue.' ? what I understand is that the key point is 23.976fps..but as you said the key point is high-bitrate?I mean the stuttering issue is related to 4k high-bitrate not 23.976fps ,so you try to overclock the DDR/GPU/ARM for tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                      Hi Mo123:

Thanks for your feedback.

Quick question:

Why openhourlab said this '23.976fps playback in 1080P24 have micro-stuttering issue.' ? what I understand is that the key point is 23.976fps..but as you said the key point is high-bitrate?I mean the stuttering issue is related to 4k high-bitrate not 23.976fps ,so you try to overclock the DDR/GPU/ARM for tuning.
                      Maybe because Openhour use SD-Card for firmware instead of EMMC flash memory for firmware then it's slower and maybe also cause some problems, CPU/DDR/GPU might also be clocked lower?

The 4K video I tested had 23.976 framerate and was 60mbps bitrate, played it from a flash drive. (had stutter but now only few dropped frames and video playback looks a little slower in high movement scenes but much better than previously.)
                      The 1080p videos I tested was 23.976 framerate but only 20mbps bitrate and no stutter.
                      I don't know where to get higher bitrate 1080p 23.976 videos, then I can also test it and see if the higher bitrate causes stuttering.

Have to do more tests with normal CPU/DDR/GPU and then overclocked ones.
                      But think it might only be DDR since CPU in SPMC player show less than 40% usage or it can be that CPU doesn't scale from low frequency to higher frequency fast enough, but that was fixed in your patch.
                      Then to test with Vsync patch and without. Don't know a lot about Vsync, but they say it makes video playback smoother. In RK3188 there was a vsync video playback problem, don't know if it went over to RK3288 devices. Can read about it here - http://hwswbits.blogspot.com/2013/10...vsync-fix.html and latest fix was posted here - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...980#post512980

Comment

Maybe because Openhour use SD-Card for firmware instead of EMMC flash memory for firmware then it's slower and maybe also cause some problems, CPU/DDR/GPU might also be clocked lower?

The 4K video I tested had 23.976 framerate and was 60mbps bitrate, played it from a flash drive. (had stutter but now only few dropped frames and video playback looks a little slower in high movement scenes but much better than previously.)
                        The 1080p videos I tested was 23.976 framerate but only 20mbps bitrate and no stutter.
                        I don't know where to get higher bitrate 1080p 23.976 videos, then I can also test it and see if the higher bitrate causes stuttering.

But think it might only be DDR since CPU in SPMC player show less than 40% usage or it can be that CPU doesn't scale from low frequency to higher frequency fast enough, but that was fixed in your patch.
                        Then to test with Vsync patch and without. Don't know a lot about Vsync, but they say it makes video playback smoother. In RK3188 there was a vsync video playback problem, don't know if it went over to RK3288 devices. Can read about it here - http://hwswbits.blogspot.com/2013/10...vsync-fix.html and latest fix was posted here - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...980#post512980

Interesting, everyone said rk3288 is a bad SoC for video decoding...I admit it might be not as good as aml SoC,but not so bad...The main weakness is not perfectly compatible with kodi..

BTW, the video(4K-Chimei-inn-60mbps.mp4)'s fps is 29.970,not 23.976.

Comment

Further test files here:
                          Free software, tools and videos for DVB,HDTV,UHD recordings. Tools for ts,ts4,m2ts,mts,trp,str,tp,dvr,rec

And here for high bitrate:

Comment

I've found that all the Jellyfish files play perfectly on pretty much every RK3288 ROM that I have tried and certainly all that have been released in the past few months.

Comment

Hi Mo,
                              My appologies for sticking my nose into your with Oman conversation.
                              I've not tried LP yet, but I've been using this (4K-Chimei-inn-60mbps.mp4) video with 29.970 fps for a long time when I do my tests for different 3288 ROMs or kernels.
                              My CS918II (with Toshiba 16GB eMMC Read22/Write13) plays this video flawlessly under modified(by hisound from 4PDA.ru) KitKat OHC rom but with my stock kernel and resource adjusted to DDR792/1,35V.
                              I didn't do anything with stock CPU1800/GPU480 settings.
                              MX Player Pro HW(not HW+) and stock Video Player are used by me preferably, because I'm not fan of KODI/SPMC(they both make my room too hot and produce terrible noise instead of AC3/DTS sound ) No difference for these players if they play this video from USB Drive/USB HDD or via net from NAS(DLNA, smb), no stutters.

If you speak about vsyncfixomatic by Peter Anderson, it doesn't work for 3288 kernels because another pattern was implemented, I tried it but w/o any success.

CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                              CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                              K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                                Hi Mo,
                                My appologies for sticking my nose into your with Oman conversation.
                                I've not tried LP yet, but I've been using this (4K-Chimei-inn-60mbps.mp4) video with 29.970 fps for a long time when I do my tests for different 3288 ROMs or kernels.
                                My CS918II (with Toshiba 16GB eMMC Read22/Write13) plays this video flawlessly under modified(by hisound from 4PDA.ru) KitKat OHC rom but with my stock kernel and resource adjusted to DDR792/1,35V.
                                I didn't do anything with stock CPU1800/GPU480 settings.
                                MX Player Pro HW(not HW+) and stock Video Player are used by me preferably, because I'm not fan of KODI/SPMC(they both make my room too hot and produce terrible noise instead of AC3/DTS sound ) No difference for these players if they play this video from USB Drive/USB HDD or via net from NAS(DLNA, smb), no stutters.

If you speak about vsyncfixomatic by Peter Anderson, it doesn't work for 3288 kernels because another pattern was implemented, I tried it but w/o any success.

I use OHC kernel and resource from 4PDA.ru and get the best playback but not perfect.

What do i have to do to adjust to DDR792/1,35V on KK as I'd like to try it?

Comment

Working...
                                X