Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally we got some patches from RK for the micro-stutter and HDMI Audio problem,but we want more videos to verify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oman View Post
    I watch two long 23.976fps mkv videos in 1080P24 mode using our 111k4110 ROM, didnt find obvious stutters...That's why I always be so confuse about this issue
    Which version hardware are you testing on.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I watch two long 23.976fps mkv videos in 1080P24 mode using our 111k4110 ROM, didnt find obvious stutters...That's why I always be so confuse about this issue
      Did you tested this file? https://mega.co.nz/#!VkxQXAQQ!bxbxvg...2xT0NALo1M5mqU

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

Which version hardware are you testing on.

Both v2.0 and v3.0 .....
        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by heiko123 View Post

Yes, as Mo123 said 'I must say the video hurt my eyes a bit, so many fast moving scenes and only 23.976 framerate, it should have been 30 or 60fps then it would have looked much smoother.'

And I test it on s812 platform,it seems the same ..

Look at here:

5.What's the frequency the stutters occur ? on time per 1min? or start to stutter after 1 hour playing(Because of thermal hot)?
          No, it's not regular, can happen every few minutes, or maybe 3-4 times during a 45 minute show. It doesn't depend how long it's been playing (so not temperature related).
          Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Since people's experience varies, I am curious about some seemingly unrelated issues, regarding this problem. And while it is better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and prove it, I'm going to risk it.
            Is everyone using identically rated power supplies? 2 amp, 3 amp, etc. And even if they are all the same, how do you know if you have a supply that hasn't gone off spec. Dirty output or failing to produce or sustain the rated output, could all cause adverse operation. This maybe most evident under high circuit demand, such as HD decode or other high-demand use, but would not be limited to that.
            I am also curious, if the people experiencing this problem, are also using wireless USB dongles of any kind. Would it not be possible for an out of spec USB accessory to hog the bus, throw continuous errors or interrupts, or have it's wireless function interfere with on-board devices? Or what about a broken, poorly written or implemented USB device driver?
            Please go easy on me critics, my brain is old. I realize I'm probably shooting-in-the-dark here.
            Last edited by RISCy Dude; 07-24-2015, 03:30.

Comment

When people test this are you 100% sure you have turned off any post processing on your TV sets? Set to PC mode, turn off all postprocessing and any interpolarization/frame rate speed up etc... Cause these things can definitely interfere with the viewing experience and any issues reported.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post

Since people's experience varies, I am curious about some seemingly unrelated issues, regarding this problem. And while it is better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and prove it, I'm going to risk it.
                Is everyone using identically rated power supplies? 2 amp, 3 amp, etc. And even if they are all the same, how do you know if you have a supply that hasn't gone off spec. Dirty output or failing to produce or sustain the rated output, could all cause adverse operation. This maybe most evident under high circuit demand, such as HD decode or other high-demand use, but would not be limited to that.
                I am also curious, if the people experiencing this problem, are also using wireless USB dongles of any kind. Would it not be possible for an out of spec USB accessory to hog the buss, throw continuous errors or interrupts, or have it's wireless function interfere with on-board devices? Or what about a broken, poorly written or implemented USB device driver?
                Please go easy on me critics, my brain is old. I realize I'm probably shooting-in-the-dark here.

Power Supply
                Power supply - I use an actual 3A power supply
                Maybe someone can test actual power output of 2A power adapter and then also with USB devices, airmouse & harddrive connected.
                Then also with overcloked kernel and playing high bitrate 4K video.
                I remember people had problems with 2A power adapters with HPH boxes and an external harddrive connected, as it didn't have enough power when also overclocked and playing games/4k video.
                Device would freeze or become slow.
                I think now most of their boxes have 3A power supplies.

USB Drivers
                USB device drivers - You are absolutely correct.
                Synopsys the maker of the USB controllers on the RK3288 devices complained to Rockchip about using an old driver, the dwc_otg_310 driver instead of DWC2 driver.

Some of the symptons of that driver are: Keyboards repeating keys, unresponsive USB touch controllers, slow data transfers.

From http://irclog.whitequark.org/linux-rockchip/2015-07-08
                "naobsd: basically I am investigating some (apparently) serious issues with the dwc_otg_310 driver shipped with the Rockchip v3.10 kernel, for RK3288 - the CPU is flooded with IRQs when using a USB hub especially and that is something that the RPi community has taken onboard with a complete USB controller driver re-write:https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...ic.php?t=39175 04:34 <bashintosh> The link from the RPi community shows the same issues that I am experiencing with all RK3288 platforms - keyboards repeating keys, unresponsive USB touch controllers, slow isochronous data transfers etc. The manufacturer of the OTG HS controller (embedded in the RK3288) which is Synopsys, suggests that Rockchip should use DWC2 driver rather than dwc_otg_310. Was thinking to port the RPi driver (or
                04:34 <bashintosh> attempt) onto RK3288 and see what happens."

The Raspberry Pi use exactly the same USB Port/Host drivers from manufacturer Synopsys as Rockchip RK3288 devices do.
                Raspberry Pi fixed the issues by rewriting the driver for their device and Synopsys(http://www.synopsys.com/home.aspx) company suggested to Rockchip to use DWC2 driver rather than dwc_otg_310 driver.
                Maybe someone can try to use that other driver DWC2 and do tests or port the Raspberry Pi driver(maybe someone at Raspberry Pi forums can help) to RK3288 kernel & compile a new kernel with the DWC2 USB drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by ProsjektX View Post
                  When people test this are you 100% sure you have turned off any post processing on your TV sets? Set to PC mode, turn off all postprocessing and any interpolarization/frame rate speed up etc... Cause these things can definitely interfere with the viewing experience and any issues reported.

So the guys who really go through the micro-stuttering should be here to clarify...

Comment

Sorry to disturb your conversations, as I'm originally using OHC rom modified for BEELINK R89. But even with the newest SPMC 15 beta 1, the stutter is so obvious that it occurs every few mins for H.264 1080p videos, even the 4K video as mentioned above by mo123 has so much stutters that it's not really playable.

May I know that how could I flash my Beelink r89 with the HPH rom made by mo123, just by the official flashing tool? Could I use the overlock kernel provided by wasser combined with the HPH rom? Or I need to use other methods to overclock? Because now the video stutters so much that I can't even contribute to the testing of videos, hope to achieve at least what mo123 mentioned, so that I can test my videos as well. Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

Just asking has anyone tried the lollipop rom and tested video files ??
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Which ROM do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by heiko123 View Post
                          Which ROM do you mean?

See post 4.
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Ok I finally did some testing tonight. And flashed the test rom. I had my usual stutters. But I was having them all the time. Didn't matter if i was watching a movie or not so it is not the movie watching that was causing the issues. I installed set cpu and set my min and max to 600. Guess what...stutters are gone...I assume that is is a faulty power supply. I cant believe i didn't assume the obvious that the power supplies are at fault. I don't have a 3a 5v power supply to test but will order one...

Oman I really think that this is the root cause of my issues and will get one and confirm. But please urge the manufacturers to include better power supplies.

I urge everyone not to go purchase quite yet until it is confirmed. I will try to rig one with a good 2a that i have and let you know.
                            Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                              Ok I finally did some testing tonight. And flashed the test rom. I had my usual stutters. But I was having them all the time. Didn't matter if i was watching a movie or not so it is not the movie watching that was causing the issues. I installed set cpu and set my min and max to 600. Guess what...stutters are gone...I assume that is is a faulty power supply. I cant believe i didn't assume the obvious that the power supplies are at fault. I don't have a 3a 5v power supply to test but will order one...

Oman I really think that this is the root cause of my issues and will get one and confirm. But please urge the manufacturers to include better power supplies.

I urge everyone not to go purchase quite yet until it is confirmed. I will try to rig one with a good 2a that i have and let you know.
                              Just a reminder to make sure the PS you order, has a plug with the correct "Tip Polarity". I don't mean to state the obvious, but a mistake in tip polarity is one of the quickest ways to immediately kill a DC powered device. That being said, some devices do have some protection against reverse polarity, still, I would not risk it.

Most ATX PC power supplies will supply a great deal of cleanly regulated 5vdc. Any old, but healthy, ATX PS should give you ample current for the test. Although, an appropriate lead would have to be made, there would be little doubt, it could supply all the clean current the box could possibly want. I do realize that not everyone has these old PSs lying around.
                              Of course, do so at your own risk.

Anyway, I look forward to your results.

Comment

May have spoke too soon but still would like to get a new one to confirm. I did take 2 feet off of my power supply cable to see if it helped.

I used latest spmc with mediacodec playing a 1080 h.264.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that I also tred vanilla kodi. With cpu settings set normally it would not start properly. Not until I set to 600 600 would it start. This is very similar to when I hady mk808b orig and it was hot/ insufficient power when I ran antutu. There was another app that wouldn't work either but I can't remember.

Anyone know a link to a proper ps replacement?

Wish I had access to an oscope. I think it could confirm power.

Comment

Working...
                                X