Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux on Beelink R89

Hi

Have anyone had success with getting linux on their R89??

I have tried both ubuntu 14 and ubuntu 16 from http://en.t-firefly.com/en/firenow/f...3288/download/ since its the same chip it uses.

My testing so far. the 14. version: Works, but permission and where folders defaults paths sometimes bug and you have to set it manually. And it a low ubuntu version with not much in it.

the 16 version: Has it all, but is slow, and every 2-5 min it hangs shows an timeout error and then goes back to desktop after a while.

So have anyone had success with getting linux on their box?

Why I want linux, is because I wanna try running my own phant server ( http://phant.io/ ). Its a logging service for IOT devices, made by data.sparkfun.com.
    And then I want a webserver that can run node.js so it can use google charts to make dynamic graph data from the phant server.
    And that I dont think is possible on android.

Cheers Morten

I was able to run linux on RK3288 using Linux 14.10 RFS from here and using a compiled kernel from Firefly BitBucket. The resource.img was taken from original Android ROM I put everything on a SDCARD and boot it. It works fine, o lag, quite stable. However, I wanted to install MAC-L1 Hybris that allow hardware accelerated, without luck. After installing hybrys and kodi using MAC-L1 scripts, the colors on the screen somehow became washed out and seem that the box crash some times times in the process of boot ( I can't see the errors, as having frame buffer deactivated, only a splash screen appear) . Finally the box managed to boot, but kodi did not start giving an error. Also the test_hevc gave error.
    Is something that I missed out?

Comment

hello, i have the same device, i wish i could get a stable linux version with hardware graphics support.
      any news about it?

Comment

I do not own this box. Has anyone tried Ugoos' Linux(works well on the UT3(+/s)). It is 15.04, but a newer version is expected, don't know when. MAC_L1 works well for Kodi, it is not system-wide. Something might be happening to bring acceleration system-wide, but have not heard anything for quite a while.

Comment

Big issue that rockchip not own vr gpu software so they had to back door it to get it to work. Mac1 excel works just have to read up and install as he states.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Try this Linux, i guess it runs better.
            GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Neomode

Comment

did it worked? anyone tryed?

Comment

Working...
              X