Installed Plex server on Beelink Ubox R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed Plex server on Beelink Ubox R89

Been testing different hardware that I have accumulated to see how they run the Plex and Emby servers. I used the Ugoos UT3 Linux port and installed it on my Beelink R89 box. I then installed Plex server, I could not get Emby server installed, will try again later.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

what linux are you running, and can you share the installation files for the r89? i wanted to run tvheadend server and kodi as player, and add some usb tunners

Comment

Originally posted by renatofelicio View Post
      what linux are you running, and can you share the installation files for the r89? i wanted to run tvheadend server and kodi as player, and add some usb tunners
      I am running Ubuntu 16.04 as you can see from the information below. This box will make a good tvheadend server, but not a player, because there is no hardware decoding.

Here is the link to get the Linux distro for your R89.

Once you get Linux installed, and having difficulty installing tvheadend server, I can show you how to do it.

login as: ugoos
      [email protected]'s password:
      Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.10.0 armv7l)

* Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com
      * Management: https://landscape.canonical.com
      * Support: https://ubuntu.com/advantage
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

hmm, thank you, wel i configured a Z83 mini pc, with lubuntu and tvheadend... i think it should be the same.
        does this rom, have some problems? for example, lan, wifi, everything working? except graphics?
        there is a firmware version with libreelec for rk3288 with working graphics as it seams...

the problem is, that is not 100% compatible with the r89, it has to be compiled... and then it gets out of my knowledge
        anyway, thank you for fast reply!!!

Comment

hmm, thank you, wel i configured a Z83 mini pc, with lubuntu and tvheadend... i think it should be the same.
          does this rom, have some problems? for example, lan, wifi, everything working? except graphics?
          there is a firmware version with libreelec for rk3288 with working graphics as it seams...

the problem is, that is not 100% compatible with the r89, it has to be compiled... and then it gets out of my knowledge
          I never tried the WiFi, but Ethernet works, but it does make a good server, but no on the fly transcoding.

Comment

there is a firmware version with libreelec kmspico mcdvoice for rk3288 with working graphics as it seams...
            http://www.omegamoon.com/blog/index....y170216-205140
            Thanks! Through this, I have also configured my mini p with ubuntu. Its working fine!
            Last edited by amisaxd; 05-17-2022, 13:47.

Comment

Working...
            X