This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasser Marshmallow ROM SDCard version R89 2G/16G

Ok heres a 16GB ROM image https://mega.nz/#!AEtHCbTS!16rBRCJck...HKOCnOVmE1Qe5M
    designed to be used with the Beelink R89. The download is just over 800MB

This works on mine which is a pre production model 2G/16G .

Ignore benchmarks just use and I bet its a smoother experience which in reality it works as a quicker device ad a whole
    This image has been made with HDD Raw Copy then compressed with WinRar.

Steps

1. Download HDD Raw Copy http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-...y1.10Setup.exe
    2. Extract Rar archive
    3. Open HDD Raw Copy
    4. Double click File, locate and chose SDWasser IMGC click continue
    5. Choose SDCard Reader then click start
    6. Once writings finished put sd in android box and power up

******First boot may take a while but let it settle down before judging give it 10mins from homescreen before rebooting then see what performance is like*******

Dont thank me thank the ones that make it work I'm just a bodger

The reason for this image:-

So having messed with tons of android devices trying to find the holy grail I found realistically the SOC's usually are fine and within spec (except s905 which has never run @2Ghz no matter what device its in as amlogic has set the chips at 1.56ghz which came to light about a month ago from odroid c2 users so all s905 devices wrongly advertised). The issue time and time again has been the crap components that have be used with the SOC. Heres an example I became a beta tester for the beekink R89 and having had a tronsmart MK908II with crap faulty reclaimed foresee nand flash memory never worked right until I started using an Sdcard to run android from which made this TV stick almost perfect (best device out of them all once running from SD), I asked beelink to NOT use foresee nands and on receiving my R89 discovered it did indeed have foresee nand chips which cause it to stutter and stop all the time. So what was the point of carrying on beta testing the product which is crippled hardware wise and unusable?
    Nearly 2 years later I picked the box up again and put Marshmallow on a sandisk 16GB U3 sdcard. I've run it now for about 2 weeks but its like lightening scores over 57000 on antutu suffers no microskips. So the SOC does do its job as the card reader is built into the SOC and not something beelink has added. Its probably the best android device I've got now and I'm really pleased with it. So if you struggle with these devices try and run of SD but don't use any old shit use a sandisk U3 card or a Samsung Evo SD trust me all SD cards are not the same transcend and Kingston have big compatibility issues I'll show any one my pile of different makes I've tried and won't touch any other brands in future.

May edit more later........

LawlessPPC

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by LawlessPPC; 11-16-2016, 15:09.

Thanks for shering . I don't have so fast SD card therefore I will stay with broken eMMC. At least there was quite nice progress with this problem thanks to Wasser.

On the side. Could you share detailed Antutu score for SD card and eMMC variants? Here is mine: 62148 total, 3D: 12284. I don't know where to check FPS in archived benchmark score.
    Last edited by Gormar; 11-13-2016, 18:18.
    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Just for info sdcard is performing at 23MBs read 21MBs write. Internal nand gives read speeds of 49MBs but with constant skips and pauses will put antutu scores on soon I'm also trying to have ago at running of USB but that's very early days

Comment

I can't even complete an antutu benchmark without using sdcard for internal storage!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar
          Thanks for shering . I don't have so fast SD card therefore I will stay with broken eMMC. At least there was quite nice progress with this problem thanks to Wasser.

On the side. Could you share detailed Antutu score for SD card and eMMC variants? Here is mine: 62148 total, 3D: 12284. I don't know where to check FPS in archived benchmark score.

The sdcard in the benchmarks is actually a USB 3 pendrive, internal is sdcard with ROM on

Comment

Originally posted by LawlessPPC View Post
            I can't even complete an antutu benchmark without using sdcard for internal storage!!!!!
            It seems that eMMC in your pre-sell model is in quite bad shape.

On the other hand I was sure that those temporary freezes in Beelink R89 are connected to bad eMMC. I read on russian forum (4pda.ru) that one person resoldered new eMMC chip from another producer (IIRC Sundisk) and all the problems with random stutters went away.
            RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
            Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Awesome! I had to order a new 16GB U3 from Amazon ($8). I can't wait to test this out. I have 4 of these boxes and have been waiting for a great resolution like this. The great news is that as speeds continue to get better for external memory, these boxes should see better performance. I will test and report back once I get my new memory card.
              -Aaron
              Last edited by amclean123; 11-15-2016, 19:23.
              Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Should I buy a Sandisk Extreme or Sandisk Extreme Plus? The Sandisk Extreme Plus goes up to 90Mbs/85 for read and write. The Sandisk Extreme is 90/60.

Comment

Samsung better... 90/80
                  next step up 95/85 but price almost doubles for few bits more.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                    Samsung better... 90/80
                    next step up 95/85 but price almost doubles for few bits more.
                    OK thanks! Do you know what the max read/write speed is for a mini SD card that the R89 can handle?

Comment

hardware will not let it go faster then cpu can transfer. Distance traveled ect. I loaded on mk902ii got much lower score of 50000 but it in principle works thats for sure read write speeds help but to what point i cant tell until i test some more.

Lawless was image 16 or 32 gig sd card.
                      Testing on 32 gig samsung 90/80 and read write speeds nothing that i expected with very fast card.

Can you share how to get stock image onto sd card then ill test stock of a few devices sd ves internal. Good job on this antutu actually ran 3d test on sd card with very little skips pauses as in nan test
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                        hardware will not let it go faster then cpu can transfer. Distance traveled ect. I loaded on mk902ii got much lower score of 50000 but it in principle works thats for sure read write speeds help but to what point i cant tell until i test some more.

Lawless was image 16 or 32 gig sd card.
                        Testing on 32 gig samsung 90/80 and read write speeds nothing that i expected with very fast card.

Can you share how to get stock image onto sd card then ill test stock of a few devices sd ves internal. Good job on this antutu actually ran 3d test on sd card with very little skips pauses as in nan test
                        Does using the Samsung sd card fix the YouTube skipping?

Comment

Sorry didnt test youtube ill load ot back on in minute and test that on mk902ii.

Comment

I expected scores closer to 40 60 read at least.

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
                              Do you know what the max read/write speed is for a mini SD card that the R89 can handle?
                              As far as I know SD controller in RK3288 SoC can support card with bus up to 8 bit wide with 26MHz clock speed and DDR mode. Therefore maximum theoretical transfer is about 52MB/s (50MB more realistically). Even so random access time is more important (especially for writes). But I forgot about one important thing. Without possibility to supply 1.8V to SD card (not only 3.3V) it wouldn't work in DDR mode. Therefore maximum transfer speed for Beelink R89 device SD card interface is about 26MB/s.

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
                              Does using the Samsung sd card fix the YouTube skipping?
                              If you use YouTube application then it buffers video material on internal memory. Which cause more stress to eMMC and therefore higher propability of write stall. You shouldn't have so many skips when you use browser. As far as I investigated at least Chrome doesn't write YouTube video to disk cache.
                              Last edited by Gormar; 11-16-2016, 06:52.

Comment

Working...
                              X