Any firmware that play AC3/DTS through SPDIF in KODI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any firmware that play AC3/DTS through SPDIF in KODI

Any firmware that play AC3/DTS through SPDIF in KODI ?
    I tried LP Wasser 3.03 and 3.06. With every version of kod/SPMC maximum I get was to play DTS through SPDIF. AC3 however send only stereo. If I activate AC3 transcoding, the receiver detect AC3 stream but no sound at all. I really need AC2 through SPDIF, as my TV a Samsung does not have passthrough.
    With Wasser 4.0.11 is even worse. Besides the same situation regarding the sound, the video starts fine and in few minutes begin lot of interruption no mater what plugin I use However if I just move a little bit the mouse the videis fine for another couple of minutes when again the interruption appeas.

I don't need LP or MS. It can be KK as well, but what I need is to be able to play Video fine through Kodi, and AC3/DTS through SPDIF

From my experience and after testing several f/w i ended up that mo123 Lollipop roms was the best match for my needs.
    I have Tronsmart R28 Meta with 2G/16G and BT, WiFi is working ok.

If you have a 4K TV then use Lollipop firmware 1.7b, If not a 4K and you want only 1080p then use 1.8a, If you have 720p TV then 1.8.
    In 1.7b the HDMI bit-stream and SPDIF works perfect but if you root the device you will have problems with Google apps.
    In 1.8a the HDMI bit-stream does not work but you can use SPDIF for 5.1 core but everything else works perfectly.
    The HPH Launcher in this roms is very nice and neat and the network (Lan in my case ) is very fast.
    The embedded version of Kodi (NTMC) is very smooth and fluent in any video i tested (even in H265 HEVC with 10bit).
    The MXplayer installed in the above versions is 1.7 which does not have any problem with HW acceleration, just do not upgrade it to 1.8.

Note that in the above roms the remote, depending on what device you have, may not work.
    The New f/w 1.10 is all you gonna need SPDIF works great.
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-v1-6-by-mo123

Comment

Did you checked this? https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...vis/RKMC-Build

Comment

Working...
      X