[HOWTO] Enable Maskrom-Mode / perhaps UnBrick your device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HOWTO] Enable Maskrom-Mode / perhaps UnBrick your device

If your ENYBOX Clone failed while flashing or never turned into blue led after pressing the turn-on button, you should bring your device into maskrom-mode and flash the stock/orignal firmware.
    A sign for a bricked eny-clone is a poping yelow device symbol like this, hangs at 100% testing:

-You need the right driver for eny-clone like my one here < -> original enybox here
    There should be no warning in windows device manager!
    -open your box:
    2 screws under the rubber-flats, then clip of the bottom panel
    2 screws hold the mainboard
    -connect only usb, no power!
    -start Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7 as admin ->Source or here or here or just google it
    -PIN the 7 & 8 connectors of your nand (here cheap FORESEE):

-Then when you did this, connect the power cable:

-Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7 should show you instead of an green device label a blue device label:

-If is is blue you can simply flash yur stock rom again

I hope I can help you with that.

Greetings by DuHaudegenDu
    I own a ENY-BOX Clone:
    Chipset: RK3288 & AP6330
    PCB board: ENY-Q8P-V10

Label: OTT TV BOX RK3288 Quad Core Model: EKB328
    More Info and photos of pcb here.
    Bootloader seems t.b. locked.
    But Android 5 (wasser rc4) runs on it

Hello Thanks for "How to"

My problem is my device EKB311B is already in maskrom- mode but when I try flash appears the error message "Prepare IDB Fail"
    ​I already try erase IDB but without sucess

Can you help me?

Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure, but maybe sounds more like a hard brick (like bad nand and because of that the RK3288 is already at maskmode) ?
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Chyko View Post
        Hello Thanks for "How to"

My problem is my device EKB311B is already in maskrom- mode but when I try flash appears the error message "Prepare IDB Fail"
        ​I already try erase IDB but without sucess

Can you help me?

Thanks
        To fix your IDB failure, you have to be in maskrom first and Look for the letters (GND and CLX) inside the board and try to connect them for 2 seconds while pressing upgrade button.

Comment

Originally posted by Haizenberg View Post

To fix your IDB failure, you have to be in maskrom first and Look for the letters (GND and CLX) inside the board and try to connect them for 2 seconds while pressing upgrade button.
          Hi ,

this really works for RKBoxes ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

this really works for RKBoxes ???

greetings / gefattern
            Yes, it works successfully for my X88 Max plus tv box. However, I upgraded my tv box with the new Andriod 9.0 version which has no wifi connection and very slow. I need help please if you have a stock rom for my X88 Max plus device because Andriod 9.0 version from Geekbuying does not function at all and it is very very slow comparing my original version of Nougaut 7.1.2. plz help me

Comment

Originally posted by Haizenberg View Post

Yes, it works successfully for my X88 Max plus tv box. However, I upgraded my tv box with the new Andriod 9.0 version which has no wifi connection and very slow. I need help please if you have a stock rom for my X88 Max plus device because Andriod 9.0 version from Geekbuying does not function at all and it is very very slow comparing my original version of Nougaut 7.1.2. plz help me
              Hi ,

i dont have this Box , i only ask because this will help many User with "prepare IDB" Error ,

it would be good to make a sticky Post in RK Section , like "Unbrick IDB fails" , so many

others can maybe restore there Boxes again , i had a UT3 with that Error and could not

restore it , had to trash it , maybe with this Info i would have repaired it .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

[QUOTE=gefattern;n800193]

Hi ,

i dont have this Box , i only ask because this will help many User with "prepare IDB" Error ,

it would be good to make a sticky Post in RK Section , like "Unbrick IDB fails" , so many

others can maybe restore there Boxes again , i had a UT3 with that Error and could not

restore it , had to trash it , maybe with this Info i would have repaired it .

greetings / gefattern[/QUOT

I would be happy if i manage to help someone.

Comment

where to locate CLX? please

Comment

I'm in Maskrom and i got blue color on connection but when i click upgrade message show fail? any advise please

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence jd View Post
                      I'm in Maskrom and i got blue color on connection but when i click upgrade message show fail? any advise please
                      https://mrkzgulfup.com/uploads/16395522608441.jpg
                      Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Observations from image

Sure that is original Factory Firmware?

Try this maybe

You post that device is in maskrom mode when you insert USB

You still have to short pins on Nand and here the Magic sound

Found One Maskrom Device

Close Batch Tool
                      Close/Uninstall Driver Assist

And start from Scratch

Happy Testing

Comment

Thanks for kindly reply, i start over and still nothing happen
                        My Tvbox from outside its S9Pro, from inside wirtten X88PRO RK-3318 D4-V1.1
                        2019/07/22
                        Yes I'm in found one Maskrom device
                        Yes i hear sound when i connect USB to PC (short pin)
                        i go to PC/manage/device manager i cant find device name? where to locate that mightbe missing something ?
                        Please see below pics

Comment

Device manager maybe listed
                          usb host wuth letters followed by numbrs
                          warning from Windows.

Also maybe move to Rockchip 3318 section.
                          lots more info

From images posted all looks as it should

No select upgrade
                          Not restore (your other post image shows selected restore)

Good luck

Happy Testing

Comment

I gave up on that one but i have another one from outside its MX10+ 6K from inside written MX10-H6-D4-V2.0
                            2019-07-16
                            Stuck on red light when i hold reset button and conected to PC recognized directly i tried reflash with upgrade or restor reach to 73% and keep show faild,
                            any advise please

Comment

Yes

Leave this thread

Move to Allwinner Tv Box section

Search threads/ posts there for similar problems with
                              H6

Or
                              Start a new thread instead
                              Explaining your problem

Happy Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X