Serial port on XT-Q8L-V10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serial port on XT-Q8L-V10

For anyone who maybe interested, I've managed to connect a CP2102 based USB-serial converter to the serial port that maps to /dev/ttyFIQ0 in linux on the XT-Q8L-V10 board found in the ENY and Q8 rk3288 boxes.

Connecting with GtkTerm or similar you can see the output from the boot loader and early logging from the kernel. Great for debugging duff kernel builds!!

The connections left to right are:

GND - Purple
    TX - Blue
    RX - Green

Connect with 115200-8-N-1 without flow control.

Click image for larger version

Name:	XT_Q8L_V10serial.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	440256

This site doesn't seem to like my picture. I've started a BitBucket project with wiki linked below.

Comment

Hey Timp74. I am so happy to read your post!!!

Can you explain a little bit what are can do with this connection?
      I own a enybox clone with locket bootloader and want to unlock to run unsignet code.

Think manufacturer locked my bootloader.
      I can only flash signed firmware from manufacturer.

I think about to read more infos diretly from my eMMc, it's a FORESEE NCEFES76-08G but I just don't find a datasheet with clk, data0 - 7 or cmd pin-layout.

Perhaps you have some informations for me or can help me with your serial-adapter.
      See this thread here.

I hope to hear from you!

Greetings by DuHaudegenDu
      I own a ENY-BOX Clone:
      Chipset: RK3288 & AP6330
      PCB board: ENY-Q8P-V10

Label: OTT TV BOX RK3288 Quad Core Model: EKB328
      More Info and photos of pcb here.
      Bootloader seems t.b. locked.
      But Android 5 (wasser rc4) runs on it

Comment

Originally posted by Timp74 View Post
        For anyone who maybe interested, I've managed to connect a CP2102 based USB-serial converter to the serial port that maps to /dev/ttyFIQ0 in linux on the XT-Q8L-V10 board found in the ENY and Q8 rk3288 boxes.

Connecting with GtkTerm or similar you can see the output from the boot loader and early logging from the kernel. Great for debugging duff kernel builds!!

The connections left to right are:

GND - Purple
        TX - Blue
        RX - Green

Connect with 115200-8-N-1 without flow control.

[ATTACH]n440256[/ATTACH]
        Hello Tim. I have the same Vsmart Q8 box, I want to run Lubuntu too, can you tell me how did you installed the linux? Can you give a tutorial? I have a good news for you. Kodi has been successfully ported for RK3288. http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/07/...ware-decoding/

Comment

Originally posted by hotxboy View Post
          Hello Tim. I have the same Vsmart Q8 box, I want to run Lubuntu too, can you tell me how did you installed the linux? Can you give a tutorial? I have a good news for you. Kodi has been successfully ported for RK3288. http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/07/...ware-decoding/
          I already installed it and Kodi on Linux runs great but on my HPH RK3288.
          Feel sorry for people with Q8 boxes and it's all the manufacturer's fault that lock the bootloaders.
          People with Q8 boxes will probably also not get Lollipop firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I already installed it and Kodi on Linux runs great but on my HPH RK3288.
            Feel sorry for people with Q8 boxes and it's all the manufacturer's fault that lock the bootloaders.
            People with Q8 boxes will probably also not get Lollipop firmware.
            What kernel and what bootloader? Can you write a tutorial of your method?

Comment

Can you please add the picture of serial port. I am unable to see it here and also on bitbucket web page
              Thank You

Comment

Working...
              X