Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTT-928 TV Box RK3288 - 2GB RAM - 16GB Storage (pre-order available)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OTT-928 TV Box RK3288 - 2GB RAM - 16GB Storage (pre-order available)

With this...measurement from the top and temperature from the bottom

Comment

OK, "hand made"

But of cause that's not the SoC temperature and as you can see at my test, the SoC can get really hot without any trouble and the kernel also throttles...

And these temperatures I can see at your test aren't really critical, it's normal (also because of the "small" case)...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Gd to hear that the temp is normal. Was kind of worried initially.

Comment

OTT CS928 UNBOXING

UNBOXING OTT CS928

Last edited by Javimetal; 09-22-2014, 23:41.
          Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Different Board Used

Unless I am missing something the photos above show a different version or model of the HTC board.

This board is the HTC-T031-V0.2

The BlueTimes QPro has the HTC-T032-V1.2

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
              EDIT: Now I found, this board 99.9% sure is same than Rikomagic's MK902II
              Originally posted by OZReddog View Post
              Unless I am missing something the photos above show a different version or model of the HTC board.

This board is the HTC-T031-V0.2

The BlueTimes QPro has the HTC-T032-V1.2
              ...you didn't miss anything; you're right on point.

The QPRO, Measy B4S, Cloudnetgo CR12 and MK902II use the later revision of this HTC board.

It's version HTC-T032-V1.2 - as you correctly pointed out.

You can see some differences just from the pictures. Not just placement, but also components.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                ...you didn't miss anything; you're right on point.

The QPRO, Measy B4S, Cloudnetgo CR12 and MK902II use the later revision of this HTC board.

It's version HTC-T032-V1.2 - as you correctly pointed out.

You can see some differences just from the pictures. Not just placement, but also components.
                So, the natural conclusion is that a later version of a board has to be better, correct? Hence the boxes using the HTC-T032-V1.2 are better than those using the HTC-T031-V0.2?? Pure logic here.

Comment

So, the natural conclusion is that a later version of a board has to be better, correct? Hence the boxes using the HTC-T032-V1.2 are better than those using the HTC-T031-V0.2?? Pure logic here.
                  I don't think they are using the good one in some devices and the bad ones, or olders, in anothers. In fact, I'm total sure that's not true.

They gave me this board BEFORE finish the one for CS928:

Later they used the experience with this one to design OTT CS928 and OTT CS918II:

They are TOTAL DIFFERENT boards for different produts. Numbers and dates are related to another questions.
                  Last edited by Javimetal; 09-23-2014, 11:26.

Comment

Thank you, I knew you would respond and defend this. What interest exactly do you have in these boxes? Financial? I think it should be declared very clearly here.

Do the 2 boxes run the same ROM?

Comment

Thank you, I knew you would respond and defend this. What interest exactly do you have in these boxes? Financial? I think it should be declared very clearly here.

Do the 2 boxes run the same ROM?
                      I did not defend one board over the other one. But they are not same, it's clear, just look at the pictures (all of them made by me). Different sizes, different boxes, connectors in different place... what can I say?

I know what I said because they gave me the smaller board in the testing stage. Ive been waiting for the CS918II, and later waiting again to see the CS928 finished (delayed because camera issues, it seems).

We sell these products from China as many others here, I said a lot of times, also can find this in my sign.

I know Rikomagic's people from even before that company was made (even I have been with them in the Hong Kong's fair few time ago). We have sold Measy products until their X5 and X7 was not produced (and some sticks too if I don't remember wrong). So, no, I don't have any problem or interesting over any HTC board.

I did not try if their ROMs are same. Of course no body paid any cent to me to speak about anything... but most of design houses contacted us anyway to help them show their devices.

I hope I'm enough clear.

Comment

NOT the V is the imported different information BUT the T031 and T032 because it describes the different pcb types
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                          NOT the V is the imported different information BUT the T031 and T032 because it describes the different pcb types
                          Right, T031 & T032, two different boards for different products.

And the "v" is the version of each one, also different without any relation between boards.

Comment

Right, T031 & T032, two different boards for different products.

And the "v" is the version of each one, also different without any relation between boards.

..yup, I should have been more clear in my post about that. But the poster is right, 032 came later; although it doesn't necessarily mean anything substantial, for better or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                              ..yup, I should have been more clear in my post about that. But the poster is right, 032 came later; although it doesn't necessarily mean anything substantial, for better or worse.
                              At begining I thought this is same board than RKM, because I don't have any RKM here, later, after put more attention I found the one of RKM is the smaller one.

But they are different boards anyway. They used the smaller to be their first test, after that the big was made. This is their explanation (in that moment). Maybe they chose those numbers because another reasons.

I guess same rom will work well in both boards. I can not test it just now.

Comment

I guess same rom will work well in both boards. I can not test it just now.
                                The ROM does work on both boards, for now. It's been tested.

I've been told going forward this may not be the case, and ROM compatibility will not be the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X