Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Anyone tried these bluetimes boxes? Latest one with RK3288 is supporting HDMI2 with specs comparable to HPH discussed here?

Bluetimes RK3288 for ~$100 it seems to be a good deal? Should I consider for my next box?

Found a video about Bluetimes here.
    Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta
    CS968 -> HTC_T018 v4 20131216 with MTK
    GM282 (aka CX 919 II aka J22) - dead

I have one on the way, the Bluetimes QPRO. I'll be posting a review here once I get it.

Comment

This is one of the better looking RK3288 Boxes.
      Pity it only has 8GB ROM, if a 16GB version is available it would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        This is one of the better looking RK3288 Boxes.
        Pity it only has 8GB ROM, if a 16GB version is available it would be great.
        My CS968 looks exactly the same though not from Bluetimes. The 8GB constraint can be easily overcome with external SD card and foldermount, I think.

Does anyone have comparison points between this and any others? Yes, reviews would help!
        With $99 pricepoint on Aliexpress, this seems attractive..any thoughts?
        Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Review coming soon

I have the Bluetimes QBOX Pro RK3288.

What kind of tests and details would you like to see in the review?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
            I have the Bluetimes QBOX Pro RK3288.

What kind of tests and details would you like to see in the review?

Do you have an A/V receiver, and if so do you have sound when connecting with HDMI?

Also, what is the amperage on your included power supply?

thanks
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
              Do you have an A/V receiver, and if so do you have sound when connecting with HDMI?

Also, what is the amperage on your included power supply?

thanks
              5V 2.5a power supply is included with the device.

The left-side forward port also accepts universal 5v power adapters for powering the device. The included power supply powers the device well up to 1.8Ghz, so far.

I do get HDMI sound via receiver, but that was during a brief test. Sound options include
              • Default Output
              • Spdif Passthrough
              • HDMI Bitstream

Comment

5V 2.5a power supply is included with the device.

The left-side forward port also accepts universal 5v power adapters for powering the device. The included power supply powers the device well up to 1.8Ghz, so far.

I do get HDMI sound via receiver, but that was during a brief test. Sound options include
                • Default Output
                • Spdif Passthrough
                • HDMI Bitstream
                Would love to know if you are able to get Dolby surrround or DTS from this box. If you play a movie from XBMC that has 5.1 surround, does your receiver show as 5.1 surround while connected through HDMI?
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Would love to know if you are able to get Dolby surrround or DTS from this box. If you play a movie from XBMC that has 5.1 surround, does your receiver show as 5.1 surround while connected through HDMI?
                  I'll test the multimedia playback with XBMC later. Is there anything else you want me to look at in the meantime?

I'll be posting a video review and I want to include as many important details for users as possible.

Comment

These boxes will probably have much room for optimization, especially for tweakers and overclockers. The CPU runs very stable at 1.8GHz at a (comparatively) low 1350000 voltage.

This RK3288 kernel has the DDR on this box woefully underclocked at 528Mhz. Even the RK3066 now runs stable w/ DDR at 650Mhz.

Kernel/system date all show 8/20/2014 build.

Comment

These boxes will probably have much room for optimization, especially for tweakers and overclockers. The CPU runs very stable at 1.8GHz at a (comparatively) low 1350000 voltage.

This RK3288 kernel has the DDR on this box woefully underclocked at 528Mhz. Even the RK3066 now runs stable w/ DDR at 650Mhz.

Kernel/system date all show 8/20/2014 build.
                      Is it properly rooted and does it connect your google account with your contacts and calendar?

Comment

Is it properly rooted and does it connect your google account with your contacts and calendar?
                        Yes & yes. Kingo Root made rooting easy.

Comment

4K capable

I would like to know how this box is handling 4k. Does it do up scaling from 1080p or does output true 4k? Does it not get too hot running @ 1.8GHz or it has good heat sinks installed?
                          Tronsmart Orion R68 Meta

Comment

Originally posted by ghanashyaml View Post
                            I would like to know how this box is handling 4k. Does it do up scaling from 1080p or does output true 4k? Does it not get too hot running @ 1.8GHz or it has good heat sinks installed?
                            I have yet to open it; I probably won't, to be honest.

It's a very nicely designed box. I have no way of testing 4K. The only sets here are 1080/720.

It barely gets warm at 1.8GHz, I even set it to performance and ran stress tests and it was plenty cool throughout.

Something is wrong with ondemand governor. It will not work correctly; setting it to ondemand causes the cpu to act as if it's on conservative, with the freq locked to 126MHz.

Antutu does not complete.

Comment

It has a heatsink, but upon examination I'm not sure it's making sufficient contact with the CPU below. It may need to be reseated. The case has very poor ventilation in the form of 22 very thin slats across the lower case edges. The heatsink and CPU are stuffed under the PCB facing downwards towards the bottom of the case.

...the pictures are terrible, but you get the idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X