Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
    New firmware: https://mega.co.nz/#!7UJGDLZY!WqL-4y...Sqj7gfFWHrRbmg

If your system is already up and running, you only need to flash kernel, boot, and system to update without losing your files and data.

Hi Shomari, I love to try this ROM, if I only flash the "new_boot.img" and "new_system.img", will I lost my apps (application/software inside the current ROM)?
    Thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by Bentalk View Post
      Hi Shomari, I love to try this ROM, if I only flash the "new_boot.img" and "new_system.img", will I lost my apps (application/software inside the current ROM)?
      Thank you...
      If you flash that way you'll keep all your data. You won't lose anything.

Feel free to try my custom ROM, it has improvements as well:

Comment

If you flash that way you'll keep all your data. You won't lose anything.

Feel free to try my custom ROM, it has improvements as well:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...tgo-CR12-13-16
        I am using Android tools 2.3 and only selected "new_boot.img" and "new_system.img" files (the rest is unchecked). AFTER done.. I plug back the power and system boot show with "Android upgrading" Optimizing app 10 of 68 ... I waiting for long time .. System look like hang there... Please advise am k doing any wrong steps? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bentalk View Post
          I am using Android tools 2.3 and only selected "new_boot.img" and "new_system.img" files (the rest is unchecked). AFTER done.. I plug back the power and system boot show with "Android upgrading" Optimizing app 10 of 68 ... I waiting for long time .. System look like hang there... Please advise am k doing any wrong steps? Thanks
          Was your system set on ART runtime? What you're seeing is normal if the system was set to use ART before flashing, that's just the runtime preparing your apps.

Comment

Was your system set on ART runtime? What you're seeing is normal if the system was set to use ART before flashing, that's just the runtime preparing your apps.
            I am sorry,I did not really good in programming world, I did not understand what is ART runtime, basically I am using Android tool 2.3 flashed 2 image file (boot & system), and when it is done , I just disconnected the usb cable from computer and plug back the power supply back to my CR12 Rk3288 box, the box just boot up and stuck with that message for long time.. what should I do now? Or where can I turn off the ART runtime? Thanks.

Comment

Thermal images

Hi,
              I had my measy b4s open, and shot some thermal images of the PCB (playing a 720p movie)

Click image for larger version

Name:	RK3288 TOP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	434869Click image for larger version

Name:	rk3288 bottom.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	434870
              TOP side BOTTOM side

The hottest chip is the powersupply and system controller (60'C). This temperature is normal for these kind of IC's. The RK3288 itself was 55 'C.
              Ambient temperature was +/- 25'C and there was no forced air flow.
              In this case the PCB was removed from it housing, i think it will heat up 10'C more when it is in its housing. (no holes at all in the Measy housing)
              The orange dot on the Wifi module is just a reflection. so no hot spot here..

I would say.. No worries....
              Pedorie

Comment

Originally posted by pedorie View Post
                Hi,
                I had my measy b4s open, and shot some thermal images of the PCB (playing a 720p movie)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8133[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8134[/ATTACH]
                TOP side BOTTOM side

The hottest chip is the powersupply and system controller (60'C). This temperature is normal for these kind of IC's. The RK3288 itself was 55 'C.
                In this case the PCB was removed from it housing, i think it will heat up 10'C more when it is in its housing. (no holes at all in the Measy housing)

Pedorie
                I think you are not right. My Measy CPU after playing 1,5 hours on XMBC reached 90 C and shut down. The usual working temperature is about 70 C because bad ventilation. I mounted a cooler on a top of box and as resault CPU has a temperature between 35-50 C in all situations.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yric37 View Post
                  I think you are not right. My Measy CPU after playing 1,5 hours on XMBC reached 90 C and shut down. The usual working temperature is about 70 C because bad ventilation. I mounted a cooler on a top of box and as resault CPU has a temperature between 35-50 C in all situations.
                  I've had the QPRO shutdown after heavy gaming with Asphalt 8 on max settings (as test), but never during XBMC. I wouldn't recommend anyone running the RK3288 on performance governor for example, as it generates a lot of heat.

I also would never buy a RK3288 box that doesn't have adequate ventilation. Even the QPRO can be better designed with bigger vents and better placement.

Measy must have been nuts stuffing the RK3288 in a box without vents.

Comment

Originally posted by pedorie View Post
                    Hi,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8133[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8134[/ATTACH]
                    TOP side BOTTOM side

Pedorie
                    There are very many small holes in the bottom of the Measy housing.

Comment

Hi,
                      Those holes are so tiny and on the bottom side of the housing. They have no function.
                      But with your fan on top they do have a function, but still, they are to small.
                      My test where done without a housing.
                      The assumption that the housing would add 10'C is a little to optimistic according to your test reusts

Pedorie.

Comment

RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                        - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                        UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Measy B4S

You are wrong. I speak about Measy B4S. Your example - other box, other design. B4S has closed to 400 small holes in the bottom. Pls. be attentive.

Comment

You are wrong. I speak about Measy B4S. Your example - other box, other design. B4S has closed to 400 small holes in the bottom. Pls. be attentive.
                            Many holes, indeed. Much more than the QPRO

Comment

Don't worry, I'm attentive!
                              You wrote "...because bad ventilation. I mounted a cooler on a top of box and as resault CPU has a temperature between 35-50 C in all situations"
                              and if you are attentive you would recognise that the pcb is 'up side down' build in, which means, the soc and the heatsink is under the pcb and so they only put vent holes in the bottom...
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                                Don't worry, I'm attentive!
                                You wrote "...because bad ventilation. I mounted a cooler on a top of box and as resault CPU has a temperature between 35-50 C in all situations"
                                and if you are attentive you would recognise that the pcb is 'up side down' build in, which means, the soc and the heatsink is under the pcb and so they only put vent holes in the bottom...
                                Look at Measy B4S box and you will see the soc and the heatsink is above the pcb . By the way it is your problem of attention. Let us stop this dispute.

Comment

Working...
                                X