Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yric37 View Post
    Look at Measy B4S box and you will see the soc and the heatsink is above the pcb . By the way it is your problem of attention. Let us stop this dispute.
    I have no dispute with you
    My mistake, I thought at B4S it's also 'up side down', THX for this hint...
    Then it's maybe not really helpful to have all these vent holes at that place...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

QBOX pro

That's what I've made:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	434877

White and grey item on the left are the variants of new feet.

Comment

Originally posted by OsitKP View Post
        That's what I've made:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8161[/ATTACH]

White and grey item on the left are the variants of new feet.
        ..so you cut out the boottom of the QPRO and put a case fan over the heatsink? Have you noticed the heatsink is badly mounted, they put it over other cmponents and it doesn't fit flush against the cpu?

I'm changing the cheap thermal adhesive it comes with, too. case mods, etc. are not necessary for regular use at all. But, I'm putting in good thermal paste and that's about it for me as far as optimizing cooling. I do wish the case had better ventilation.

Comment

I've moved the heatsink a bit so it doesn't lay on other chips. But it was not a success because chip still is getting overheated while playing Plants vs Zombies 2. It is really hard game. But the hole in the bottom and 12V fan working from 5V is enough to take the heat off. The only thing I have to do is to take off the signal from blue led to control the fan. So it works only if the box is on.

Comment

I've moved the heatsink a bit so it doesn't lay on other chips. But it was not a success because chip still is getting overheated while playing Plants vs Zombies 2. It is really hard game. But the hole in the bottom and 12V fan working from 5V is enough to take the heat off. The only thing I have to do is to take off the signal from blue led to control the fan. So it works only if the box is on.
            ..try different governor settings for the cpu that handle loads differently, and also have you tried using different thermal paste/adhesive for the cpu? That's what I'm going to be doing today.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
              ..try different governor settings for the cpu that handle loads differently, and also have you tried using different thermal paste/adhesive for the cpu? That's what I'm going to be doing today.
              I've already found my way.
              Thought to add some transistor to control fan. But choose to use +5V contact of USB. Works as wanted.

P.S. Cloudnetgo release the new ROM:
              百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

I've already found my way.
                Thought to add some transistor to control fan. But choose to use +5V contact of USB. Works as wanted.

P.S. Cloudnetgo release the new ROM:
                http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c0CMxYo
                I posted that ROM a couple hours ago .. hahaha.

Much faster link: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...C-ROM-09-26-14

..and I don't know if they've always been like this, (with RK3188, etc) but I don't like Cloudnetgo ROMs for our board much. Things like underclocking the DDR in kernel and limiting scaling in ROM just don't make sense to me.

Comment

... choose to use +5V contact of USB. Works as wanted...
                  Only an idea:
                  http://www.****.de/itm/140750429441?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                  so you can use the port also for a device you want (I know this box has enough USB-Ports )...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    Only an idea:
                    so you can use the port also for a device you want (I know this box has enough USB-Ports )...
                    This would also be a solution and is much cheaper (AU$1.43):
                    http://www.****.com.au/itm/1pcs-PC-U...item4622369380
                    If you used one of these you could simply cut one of the cable connection ends off and splice the fan cable onto it. Useful if you did not want to solder onto the PCB directly.

Or the 4 Port Splitter from here (AU$1.66):
                    http://www.****.com.au/itm/High-Spee...item1e8be7d736

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      Only an idea:
                      Kidding?
                      I don't want any external cables. I soldered fan to the +5v pin of USB on the PCB.

Comment

Kidding?
                        I don't want any external cables. I soldered fan to the +5v pin of USB on the PCB.
                        Some people may not be competent or happy to solder to a PCB, this is an alternate option being suggested. So you comment 'Kidding' is inappropriate here.

Comment

Originally posted by OZReddog View Post
                          Some people may not be competent or happy to solder to a PCB, this is an alternate option being suggested. So you comment 'Kidding' is inappropriate here.
                          Can't agree with you.
                          1. Those people than can't make a proper hole in the case.
                          2. Imho, the box will look like a monster with any external fan.
                          3. In my case the pcb is up side down so I cannot even imagine external fan under tv box.

Comment

Can't agree with you.
                            1. Those people than can't make a proper hole in the case.
                            2. Imho, the box will look like a monster with any external fan.
                            3. In my case the pcb is up side down so I cannot even imagine external fan under tv box.
                            You don't have to agree. The whole point here is to be able to freely air options and ideas without being stifled by naysayers like you.

What does this even mean? '1. Those people than can't make a proper hole in the case.'

Well you need to imagine a little bit better then, as a fan can push or pull air. So, if you mount a fan under the box and suck the hot air out it will work. Naturally, you do need to space the box adequately above the surface.

Look, at the end of the day this, or any other box, is not a Picasso painting that needs to be pristine and showcase quality, it's function is the key.If the function os improved by removing hot air then why not by any means.

If people want to stick a fan on the outside of the box, hang it from the ceiling or wear it as an earring then that is their prerogative. You do what you want and leave them to do their thing.

If you find an idea that works then let people know but don't just poohoo their ideas. END.

Comment

If you want you may bring here ANY idea. For example, to use a vacuum cleaner. From your point of view it should be a great idea.
                              I just was talking of MY box, where PCB is up side down. So to put the fan on the top is absolutely ineffective. i have my own opinion 'cause I am an engineer and have some experience of doing different devices by myself.
                              Last edited by OsitKP; 09-27-2014, 15:28.

Comment

Measy B4S

What is a difference between 'upgrade' and 'restore' buttons when you flash one image file FW by RKbatchtool? I received a different effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X