Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yric37 View Post
    What is a difference between 'upgrade' and 'restore' buttons when you flash one image file FW by RKbatchtool? I received a different effect.
    I think it's if you want to wipe all your data.
    -Restore will erase your personal data and goes back to factory default (of the .img you provide)
    -Upgrade will only flash boot and system (kernel ?) and preserve your data

Maybe someone can confirm that ?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCyrix View Post
      I think it's if you want to wipe all your data.
      -Restore will erase your personal data and goes back to factory default (of the .img you provide)
      -Upgrade will only flash boot and system (kernel ?) and preserve your data

Maybe someone can confirm that ?
      Hahaha!
      I've wrote just the same to him in local forum.
      His answer was:
      "It wipes data in both cases! "

Maybe The img file contains script wiping /data...

Comment

Measy B4S

Originally posted by OsitKP View Post
        Hahaha!
        I've wrote just the same to him in local forum.
        His answer was:
        "It wipes data in both cases! "

Maybe The img file contains script wiping /data...

I suppose the kernel changes after restore flashing.

Comment

Problem with VP8 decoding

Am I the only one who is struggling to watch videos in VP8?

Thanx Guys!!

Comment

VP8 Video

Originally posted by Aramaicus View Post
            Am I the only one who is struggling to watch videos in VP8?

Thanx Guys!!

Check the box specification I do not see VP8 listed only H264 and H265. Android needs the correct Decoding patch to run VP8 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffben View Post
              Check the box specification I do not see VP8 listed only H264 and H265. Android needs the correct Decoding patch to run VP8 I believe.

Hello, jeffben!

Here says it supports VP8 encoding and decoding

Actually, I can run VP8 files, but big files (this one in the video has 481MB and it's 720p) crash the system and restart it.

Comment

USB gamepads support

I have a pair of Retrolink Super NES gamepads like this one:

They work fine with my older box (RK3188) but, with my Bluetimes RK3288, I don't get some buttons recognized (like X, Y, L and R). So, I can't play my SNES emulator properly.

I use the same emulator, same SNES roms, same gamepads with my older box (RK3188) and I have no problem.

Could anyone help me making it works properly?

Thanks for your attention! =)
                Last edited by Aramaicus; 12-08-2014, 16:30. Reason: more information added

Comment

Hello, jeffben!

Here says it supports VP8 encoding and decoding

Actually, I can run VP8 files, but big files (this one in the video has 481MB and it's 720p) crash the system and restart it.

Ok check out your issue with Bluetimes support at [email protected] they are usually helpfull.

Comment

Is anyone else trying to use this box like and video game and having this kind of problem?

I have a pair of Retrolink Super NES gamepads like this one:

They work fine with my older box (RK3188) but, with my Bluetimes RK3288, I don't get some buttons recognized (like X, Y, L and R). So, I can't play my SNES emulator properly.

I use the same emulator, same SNES roms, same gamepads with my older box (RK3188) and I have no problem.

Could anyone help me making it works properly?

Thanks for your attention! =)

Comment

Is anyone else trying to use this box like and video game and having this kind of problem?
                      I am using a bluetooth PS3 controller (a fake, Chinese one). It wont natively work, QPRO wont see it as a Bluetooth device (and none of my other Android devices do), but I got it to work with sixaxis app.
                      There is an app called Tincore Keymapper. Try and see if tincore discovers your controller. It takes some time to configure Tincore, but it is working great. Also by using hybrid pointer you wont ever get the problem when buttons in some menus are unclickable.
                      Tincore has it's own wiki page, so if you can't figure out how to map your controller, I'd suggest visiting this page.

Comment

4K native resolution

Anyone has ever tested 4K output from this device? (Just as native resolution)

Also, the factory currently sells an enhanced casing, is it worth it?
                        http://www.****.com/itm/RK3288-Quad-.../121536609036?

Any suggestion on a nice remote to pair with (I already have mouse and keyboard, so just a remote functionality might actually be enough). Also, potentially a game controller?

Comment

Originally posted by kefayati View Post
                          Also, the factory currently sells an enhanced casing, is it worth it?
                          http://www.****.com/itm/RK3288-Quad-.../121536609036?
                          Unfortunately, it is not a simple question to answer. The reasons are: Firstly, it is a different PCB to previous Bluetimes boxes as noted by the 3 USB connectors along the back rather than being on the sides in separate groupings. Therefore we do not know the layout internally and what heat sink is present or missing, etc. Secondly, we do not know the proximity of the heat sink to the casing and hence the likelihood of the heat transferring readily to the casing. We also don't know if the heat sink is on the top or bottom of the PCB, this will have a significant effect. Sure, a metal case is more likely to transfer heat but other factors come into play. Thirdly, we do not know if this casing has ventilation holes or slots to aid ventilation.

Comment

I already know that. I guess the question was: it seems an updated chassis design, any particular reason folks might think about why (I did not see any issues with heat reading through the forum).

For folks who already have it, any thoughts on this new chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by kefayati View Post
                              I already know that. I guess the question was: it seems an updated chassis design, any particular reason folks might think about why (I did not see any issues with heat reading through the forum).

For folks who already have it, any thoughts on this new chassis.
                              It would do you a LOT of good if you were more polite here! I find this response rude. I took the time and effort to answer the question posed. No thanks or anything from you only 'I already know that'. POOR

Why don't you buy one of these new designs and tell us all about it!! Seeing you know.

Comment

Chill guys. Who cares about the case. It would be better if bluetimes actually released a new software update.

Case don't think it matters much as its actually not changed much. It's just better quality maybe if inside has better fan heat sink ect.
                                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X