Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Originally posted by OZReddog View Post
    Yes and the feedback for the seller is very low and for minor items. The old adage ... if it looks too good to be true it probably should be avoided. I looked at this listing but ran like hell the other way.

For any Australians out there who are interested but do not want to use ****.com nor Aliexpress, you can get the unit from the factory via ****.com.au at AU$125.99 it is item #121425692707

http://www.****.com.au/itm/Rockchip-...item1c45890823
    I settled my dispute with the manufacturer. I felt bad throughout the process because they were very courteous and prompt when communicating but business is business. Still gave them 5 stars in all categories of feedback, though. I think they earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
      Many thanks have downloaded as back up for the box which is in transit at the moment.

I have bought many devices from BlueTimes and always got good support via support email link from their website.

Comment

Any difference to X8 model ?

Comment

Re: Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Originally posted by zzmakii View Post
          I have no idea what the 'X8' is. Could be anything; not in the Bluetimes catalog. The only other tv box confirmed using the same pcb as the Bluetimes QPRO is the Cloudnetgo CR12

Comment

Originally posted by zzmakii View Post
            Also note that this seller is NOT the factory. Therefore you could have problems if there is a fault. I would read the neutral and negative feedback received by this seller (click on the 98.4% next to feedback in the top right) as there have been problems with faulty goods and missing features.

Good price BUT limited backup if there is a problem. Your call.

Comment

Update: My order from yesterday is now being processed, so that is very good. I just received notification from Bluetimes.

Comment

The kernel on the QPRO tv box really does scale all 12 CPU steps - 128MHz-1.8GHz. And unlike the RK3066 and RK3188(?), I've actually tested and found the GPU to scale as well; that wasn't happening with the earlier Rockchip kernels. They were supposed to scale the GPU, but I only ever saw them running at one set rate.

Comment

Pardon the probably novice question, but what does CPU / GPU scaling do or what is it's significance? Thanks

Comment

Is this a cloudnetgo clone? why doesn't Bluetimes compile it's own ROM or maybe come up with something original? Research cost money. It is very easy to copy but not so easy to be original. I rather go for the original BOX [ Cloudnetgo] than a copy/clone version [ Bluetimes].

Comment

I would stear clear of Bluetimes box dont like the board design and there other factors i cant go into but there are better companys who no exactly what there doing with there hardware and software implementation...Just my opinion..Sumari doing a fine job of testing.

Comment

Originally posted by zoltar View Post
                        Is this a cloudnetgo clone? why doesn't Bluetimes compile it's own ROM or maybe come up with something original? Research cost money. It is very easy to copy but not so easy to be original. I rather go for the original BOX [ Cloudnetgo] than a copy/clone version [ Bluetimes].
                        ...except they're identical in both software and PCBa. Call it a 'clone'; but in fact the Cloudnetgo may just be the clone. The extra branding itself does not warrant the extra 25-50% price premium for the Cloudnetgo boxes.

I specifically sought this QPRO box out when I noticed the PCBa and layout was the same as the highly regarded Cloudnetgo boxes. Do you have any of these on hand or are you just speculating as to what is better or worse?

Comment

Originally posted by Talas View Post
                          I would stear clear of Bluetimes box dont like the board design and there other factors i cant go into but there are better companys who no exactly what there doing with there hardware and software implementation...Just my opinion..Sumari doing a fine job of testing.
                          ...I sought these boxes out for a reason, specifically the QPRO. My suspicions were correct: there are multiple devices that share software/hardware designs with this box; thus the QPO has broad ROM compatibility, that is a GOOD thing for end users, and all at a competitive price point, to boot.

Example: New kernel with higher GPU steps, better r/w performance:

...and where do you think it came from? Because it sure wasn't from Bluetimes. It's from another compatible device. DOWNLOAD: http://ge.tt/4WnzMuv1/v/0?c

Comment

Originally posted by OZReddog View Post
                            Pardon the probably novice question, but what does CPU / GPU scaling do or what is it's significance? Thanks
                            The CPU/GPU scale up or down (in speed) according to system demand. So when you're engaged in a heavy task such as gaming, the voltages and clock speeds go up - when the system is idle, they go down. The system consumes less power this way (or at least it's more efficient) and theoretically extends lifespan.

Comment

Originally posted by zoltar View Post
                              Did you see the user manual scan I posted? If it's a mere Cloudnetgo 'clone' it's a pretty brazen knock off. I wouldn't put it past them that one house does the software and the other the hardware, or some other odd partnership. Only say that because it's one hell of a clone if that's the case, considering they've beat the CR12 to the market in volume and exposure - before the CR12 even took off. The clone life cycle usually works the other way around.

The PCB used in the QPRO reads HTC-T032-V1.2 - it's a common one.

Comment

The CPU/GPU scale up or down (in speed) according to system demand. So when you're engaged in a heavy task such as gaming, the voltages and clock speeds go up - when the system is idle, they go down. The system consumes less power this way (or at least it's more efficient) and theoretically extends lifespan.
                                Thank you, understood and I appreciate the information.

Comment

Working...
                                X