No announcement yet.

Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU not scaling properly was a problem for some time with Rockchip kernels. I guess they're learning as they go. This is a graph after about 1hr of usage of the QPRO w/ ondemand governor. Mostly forum browsing, installing/uninstalling apps, some benchmarking.

...14 CPU steps! That's two more than I even thought the RK3288 supports.

Comment

Both GPU and DDR scale all the way up and down the freq steps:

Might seem like nothing, but not even the 'mature' RK3066 and RK3188 were shown to be scaling correctly. There have definitely been improvements with the new RK3288 kernels.

Comment

Shomari, have you tried this box with a camera?

Or a device like a '
        Measy RC11 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Air Mouse + Keyboard'?

Comment

Originally posted by OZReddog View Post

Or a device like a '
          Measy RC11 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Air Mouse + Keyboard'?
          I sometimes use the Taotronics TT-MK005 because I like the keyboard and directional keys, but my favorite air mouse is the KP-810-16A from iPazzPort. The iPazzPort doesn't have any ridiculous algorithms to help 'smooth' the pointer movement which always feel like being in a tug of war for pointer control (at least to me).

Comment

I plugged in three cameras, an ancient one for kicks, and two current model UVC webcams that worked instantly. The cheapest being a $7 720p one that's good for video calls, etc. That's where this thing having four full size USB ports is a boon, plenty of room for peripherals and the power supply kept up fine.

...forgot to test the built-in mic. I'll do that today or tomorrow.

Comment

Maybe later I'll run a test with a 1TB hard drive to see if it mounts correctly and allows playback of video/files. I know that's something people ask about a lot.

Comment

That's good information. I scored a Taotronics TT-MK005for free earlier as part compensation for a failed attempt to purchase a S802-H earlier in the year. Scored a Bluetooth game controller last month when a supplier promised me a RK3288 by 30 June. Couldn't supply obviously, so offered a game controller as compensation and apology. I accepted naturally.

I am now glad neither deal went through as I now believe I will have a superior box at a cheaper price.

Re the camera, can I therefore assume that a late model Logitech webcam will work?

I will be interested in your test of the 1TB HDD as well, thanks.

Comment

Re: Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Re the camera, can I therefore assume that a late model Logitech webcam will work?
                  ...it most likely will. What model Logitech, by chance? I have a few lying around myself maybe we have the same model

Comment

It is a C270 720p

Comment

I have a Logitech but it's a C920. I'll plug it in and test for compatibility anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                        I have a Logitech but it's a C920. I'll plug it in and test for compatibility anyway.
                        I couldn't justify the cost of anything like the C920, I got my C270 for AU$14 with a super special deal. Only want to get in on skype so we can keep in touch with family in different States of Australia.

Comment

I couldn't justify the cost of anything like the C920, I got my C270 for AU$14 with a super special deal. Only want to get in on skype so we can keep in touch with family in different States of Australia.
                          Funny thing is, I use my $7 webcam the most.

Plugged in the CS920, and the system recognized it immediately.

Tested audio/video via Skype, and all was well. Nice to see the included 5v 2.5a power supply holds up with peripherals attached. I was running my RK3066 with a 3.5a power supply!

Comment

Firmware update - 09/11/14

New firmware for the Bluetimes QPRO brings updated kernel (1080p of course), HDMI compatibility fixes and Wifi Direct improvements. Released 09/11/14:

DOWNLOAD: https://mega.co.nz/#!acxVQASb!-8ZFJU...NblLgYdAl3yEc0

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                              Both GPU and DDR scale all the way up and down the freq steps:

Might seem like nothing, but not even the 'mature' RK3066 and RK3188 were shown to be scaling correctly. There have definitely been improvements with the new RK3288 kernels.
                              How do you determine this information?
                              Because at dmesg I only get this:
                              Code:
                              <6>[    1.902068] ddrfreq: verion 1.2 20140526
                              <6>[    1.902078] ddrfreq: normal 456MHz video_1080p 0MHz video_4k 456MHz dualview 0MHz idle 0MHz suspend 200MHz reboot 456MHz
                              <6>[    1.902086] ddrfreq: auto-freq=0
                              <6>[    1.902091] ddrfreq: auto-freq-table[0] 240MHz
                              <6>[    1.902096] ddrfreq: auto-freq-table[1] 324MHz
                              <6>[    1.902101] ddrfreq: auto-freq-table[2] 456MHz
                              <6>[    1.902106] ddrfreq: auto-freq-table[3] 528MHz
                              <7>[    1.903285] ddrfreq: change freq to 456 MHz when normal
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                                How do you determine this information?
                                Because at dmesg I only get ... :
                                It's the sysfs values for clock speed/DVFS;

Use a file explorer and open /sys/dvfs/dvfs_tree (leave it open) then run dmesg in terminal emulator to read the output.

Comment

Working...
                                X