Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Shomari

Comment

As for all the different firmwares, that's a huge plus. Plenty users of RK devices wish they had the broad ROM comptatibility this device (the QPRO) enjoys; in the long run it will allow for easy construction of custom ROMs and with additional baked in features/mods.

Shomari,

I like your explanation style.
      If you can eloberate on quoted context it will certainly educate us.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Re: Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Originally posted by 24franklin View Post

Shomari,

I like your explanation style.
        If you can eloberate on quoted context it will certainly educate us.

Thanks in advance.
        ...well - take a look at some of the old RK3066 MK models, especially the clones - it was nearly impossible to find compatible firmwares for certain devices depending on their wireless chipset, and sometimes even devices with the same chipset couldn't run the same ROM.

That caused a situation where users were stuck (and some still are) with buggy, outdated and flawed firmware; often the firmware that came with the device. That's it. Not a single udpate, not a single custom ROM - nothing.

With the QPRO, it shares ROM compatibility with the Cloudnetgo CR12/13/16, the CS918ii, and the Measy B4S; just that we know of.

So that's four potential factory firmware sets to choose from down the line, which bodes well for users/devs who may eventually want to mod firmwares and make custom ROMs, and it also raises the chances that any bugs/kinks will be sorted out in short order, if not by one manufacturer, then maybe from one of the three others.

Just in the last two weeks alone there have been three fully compatible firmwares released, from three different factories, with different kernels and system files each.

Comment

Two interesting observations:

1. The $49 unit has been deleted from Aliexpress, no surprises there.

2. The Bluetimes factory listing has been pulled from the Australian **** site. This is surprising but may be due to **** currently offering 15% off for purchases over AU$50. It will be interesting to see if the listing returns after the sale.

As a consequence of the 15% off the Measy B4S can be currently had for AU$104.54 ..... ****.com.au item #251631015117

Comment

Originally posted by OZReddog View Post
            ...Nuby question, how do you back up the original firmware? Do you use the tools as referred to earlier? Is there a tutorial?
            => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ew-RK-2-1-tool
            first step, befor you do anything, boot direct to the bootloader mode and make your dumps...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ew-RK-2-1-tool
              first step, befor you do anything, boot direct to the bootloader mode and make your dumps...
              Thanks.

Comment

Hi Ozreddog,
                Yes i opened the measy.. here are some pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140912_201131.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	434732Click image for larger version

Name:	20140912_201120.jpg
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	434731Click image for larger version

Name:	20140912_201300.jpg
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	434733

Comment

Originally posted by pedorie View Post
                  Hi Ozreddog,
                  Yes i opened the measy.. here are some pictures.
                  Thanks that proves that the PCBs are exactly the same. I was simply comparing the photos of the case originally.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shomari;226790]

..no problem! Good luck
                    Hi there..

I tried to flash new firmware in my b4s, but need some help here..
                    It the first time i use this tool, and i am not really a software guru...

Connecting the box via USB brings me to
                    ANDROIDTOOL v2.3 displaying "Found One ADB Device"
                    maybe it must be in some loader mode???

When i selected all the files for flashing and press RUN.
                    Its displaying "Match device type failed, stop running!"

These are the files i selected:

Loader: RK3288Loader_uboot_v2.15.bin
                    Parameter: rk3288-3.10-uboot-data1G.parameter.txt
                    uboot: NOT SELECTED (default)
                    Misc: misc.img
                    Resource: resource.img
                    Kernel: kernel.img
                    Boot: boot.img
                    Recovery: Recovery.img
                    System: new_system.img (IS THIS CORRECT?)
                    Userdata: NOT SELECTED (default)
                    Backup: NOT SELECTED

I did not selected these files:
                    Update-script
                    recover-script
                    new_boot.img

Maybe i am doing something wrong or totally wrong.
                    Please Help me..

Pedorie.

Comment

[QUOTE=pedorie;227323]
                      Originally posted by Shomari View Post

Hi there..

I tried to flash new firmware in my b4s, but need some help here..
                      It the first time i use this tool, and i am not really a software guru...

Connecting the box via USB brings me to
                      ANDROIDTOOL v2.3 displaying "Found One ADB Device"
                      maybe it must be in some loader mode???

When i selected all the files for flashing and press RUN.
                      Its displaying "Match device type failed, stop running!"

These are the files i selected:

Loader: RK3288Loader_uboot_v2.15.bin
                      Parameter: rk3288-3.10-uboot-data1G.parameter.txt
                      uboot: NOT SELECTED (default)
                      Misc: misc.img
                      Resource: resource.img
                      Kernel: kernel.img
                      Boot: boot.img
                      Recovery: Recovery.img
                      System: new_system.img (IS THIS CORRECT?)
                      Userdata: NOT SELECTED (default)
                      Backup: NOT SELECTED

I did not selected these files:
                      Update-script
                      recover-script
                      new_boot.img

Maybe i am doing something wrong or totally wrong.
                      Please Help me..

Pedorie.

Got it LOADER mode! (hidden switch on de side of the box)

can someone check the other settings and tell me how to proceed?

Regards,
                      Pedorie

Comment

[QUOTE=pedorie;227331]

Got it LOADER mode! (hidden switch on de side of the box)

can someone check the other settings and tell me how to proceed?

Regards,
                        Pedorie
                        That's it, you've got it right, except you should select new_boot.img instead of boot.img for this set. Then just execute the flash and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                          ...well - take a look at some of the old RK3066 MK models, especially the clones - it was nearly impossible to find compatible firmwares for certain devices depending on their wireless chipset, and sometimes even devices with the same chipset couldn't run the same ROM.

That caused a situation where users were stuck (and some still are) with buggy, outdated and flawed firmware; often the firmware that came with the device. That's it. Not a single udpate, not a single custom ROM - nothing.

With the QPRO, it shares ROM compatibility with the Cloudnetgo CR12/13/16, the CS918ii, and the Measy B4S; just that we know of.

So that's four potential factory firmware sets to choose from down the line, which bodes well for users/devs who may eventually want to mod firmwares and make custom ROMs, and it also raises the chances that any bugs/kinks will be sorted out in short order, if not by one manufacturer, then maybe from one of the three others.

Just in the last two weeks alone there have been three fully compatible firmwares released, from three different factories, with different kernels and system files each.
                          Thanks for sharing your view,shomari.

Looking at these evolving rk 3288 TV set top devices , interested to know more about common PCB boards being used by different small/big players in the industry.

Another dimension is about introduction of 4GB Ram in this mixture.would it enhance consumer experience as most mfgs have expressed their desire to mfg and make availible that option too.

Overall come Christmas,there will be lot of new toys to play around.

Comment

Originally posted by 24franklin View Post
                            Thanks for sharing your view,shomari.

Looking at these evolving rk 3288 TV set top devices , interested to know more about common PCB boards being used by different small/big players in the industry.

Another dimension is about introduction of 4GB Ram in this mixture.would it enhance consumer experience as most mfgs have expressed their desire to mfg and make availible that option too.

Overall come Christmas,there will be lot of new toys to play around.
                            Yes, indeed. The clones are now hitting the market as I write this. Everyday new variants are appearing on **** and other merchant sites from China.

Many of those clones will have the same PCBa, too. Come December it's going to be an interesting landscape for tv box buyers for sure.

EDIT: the Bluetimes QPRO shares the same PCBa as the Rikomagic MK902ii (a big player), as well as the aforementioned Measy B4S, CS918ii, and Cloudnetgo CR12/13/16 - and they all hit the market at the same time, I ordered the QPRO 8/21/14. The actual clones are the ones that appear post launch, and there are many already.

Comment

Measy b4s

Hi,

I currently got a measy b4s. Have tried flashing bluetimes QPRO firmware. After which wired connection no longer works. Although able to get ip address, no internet access. Wireless is fine. Flash to cloudnetgo cr12 0827 firmware which works great as its compatible with Measy B4s

Comment

Originally posted by nectaire View Post
                                Hi,

I currently got a measy b4s. Have tried flashing bluetimes QPRO firmware. After which wired connection no longer works. Although able to get ip address, no internet access. Wireless is fine. Flash to cloudnetgo cr12 0827 firmware which works great as its compatible with Measy B4s
                                The cloudnetgo CR12 firmware comes from the same software house and is fully compatible with the Bluetimes QPRO. My ethernet works fine but I use the firmware from 08/27 that's NOT the Cloudnetgo CR12 one. Maybe there's a difference in that firmware, not sure. The cloudnetgo firmwares have the cpu/ddr freqs clocked differently so I don't prefer them.

Comment

Working...
                                X