New Rom screens and testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Rom screens and testing

Ok so stock rom nice fast and loaded no issues xbmc installed ok and picture clear clean and nice colours. new launcher and i see some changes, no camera app (coming) blue tooth working and stron wifi. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-17-22-29-51.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	439517Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-17-22-29-18.jpg
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	439518Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-17-22-29-40.png
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	439519
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    Ok so stock rom nice fast and loaded no issues xbmc installed ok and picture clear clean and nice colours. new launcher and i see some changes, no camera app (coming) blue tooth working and stron wifi. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7998[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7999[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8000[/ATTACH]
    ..you have 09/09 firmware version, can you please tell me what version of XBMC came preinstalled, if any? I want to know if this one also includes the illegally distributed modified version.

If you don't mind, please post a screenshot of the system info page of the XBMC build, the one that shows the compile date and version.

Comment

Here ya go. Have you tried the cloudnetgo ROM with this box yet?
      Attached Files
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Re: New Rom screens and testing

Here ya go. Have you tried the cloudnetgo ROM with this box yet?
        WTF! Rikomagic is also now illegally distributing the modified XBMC in violation of the GPL license agreement. That build is capable of hardware accelerated playback of HEVC H.265 video content but they will not release the modified XBMC source code for it to be submitted into the mainline XBMC project.

This is a huge problem and the official team XBMC/Kodi has been made aware.

...and yup, I tried the Cloudnetgo firmware. I don't like it, it limits the DDR speed both in the kernel and the system, and it also reduces the cpu steps to a min of 312 and max of 1.8 where others have it at 126/1.8 which I prefer since I always leave it on and it scales properly throughout the step range from 126-1.8

EDIT: Thanks for the screen!

This tv box is compatible with all the firmwares I posted in the Bluetimes QPRO thread, btw.

Comment

Yes the build is present in almost all the rockchip builds now and i think someone will do the right thing and release soon.THE FACT THAT NONE HAVE RESPONDED. tells me rockchips at the core of it:@

Comment

Yes the build is present in almost all the rockchip builds now and i think someone will do the right thing and release soon.THE FACT THAT NONE HAVE RESPONDED. tells me rockchips at the core of it:@
            Exactly! Finally someone that agrees with me. I said the same thing upon first discovering it.

Most people expected shit for firmware from Rockchip and even bad boards. Instead we get what is essentially a first launch that includes technology advances and hardware decoding of HEVC on RK3288 before pretty much anyone else accomplished the same, let alone in XBMC.

No way that happened without Rockchip having a hand. Someone from team XBMC is likely to have been involved also; to what degree and with what understanding, that's the question.

By the way, one of the responses I got from a certain factory pointed the finger at Rockchip.

Comment

Hi
              Can you tell me where you did find that 20140909 Rom ?
              I usually look here: http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/downloads/firmware/MK902II/ but this is an older ROM

Ho and I have another question: How do you upgrade your ROM without losing your data ?

Comment

Re: New Rom screens and testing

Originally posted by DarkCyrix View Post
                Hi
                Can you tell me where you did find that 20140909 Rom ?
                I usually look here: http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/downloads/firmware/MK902II/ but this is an older ROM

Ho and I have another question: How do you upgrade your ROM without losing your data ?
                There are newer ROMs compatible with this device, see the Bluetimes thread I posted them there.

To upgrade without losing data simply flash only system.img and boot.img.

If you don't want to update/change your kernel, only flash system.img.

Done that way you will upgrade your ROM but your data will remain intact. You may lose root if your were on a rooted system depending on the source of the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                  To upgrade without losing data simply flash only system.img and boot.img.
                  On the RikoMagic updates, there is just a "MK902II_140822.img", can I extract a system.img and boot.img ?
                  (When I flashed this file I lost my data)

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCyrix View Post
                    On the RikoMagic updates, there is just a "MK902II_140822.img", can I extract a system.img and boot.img ?
                    (When I flashed this file I lost my data)
                    ...yes, they can be extracted. That's an older firmware at this point, you might want to look at the newer ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X